Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every store brand diaper better than Depends?

Default Every store brand diaper better than Depends?

Why is that? Seriously! Depends can barely hold one regular wetting of mine. But Meijer's, Walmart's, and CVS's diapers can hold two FLOODS. The worst store brand diaper I've had were Dollar General's, but that's just because they were pull-up style that didn't fit right.

So why is it the biggest adult incontinence product company in the US doesn't hardly even compares to the cheaper, generic brands?

I disagree, actually.
    I've found that Depend Protection w/ Tabs is exceptional when it comes to casual wearing/sleeping. They hold two to even three absolute floods from me and even then, I can just poke a few holes and double it up to get a few more wettings out of the diapers. No complaints from me (aside from the tapes from time-to-time).

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I disagree, actually.
    I've found that Depend Protection w/ Tabs is exceptional when it comes to casual wearing/sleeping. They hold two to even three absolute floods from me and even then, I can just poke a few holes and double it up to get a few more wettings out of the diapers. No complaints from me (aside from the tapes from time-to-time).
    You must have a tiny bladder. I like Depends Protection with Tabs for what they are, a reasonably priced, discreet diaper with a plastic outer shell. I like having them around but I wouldn't call them good capacity. The plastic shell puts them head and shoulders above those store brands in my mind but it's just what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    You must have a tiny bladder. I like Depends Protection with Tabs for what they are, a reasonably priced, discreet diaper with a plastic outer shell. I like having them around but I wouldn't call them good capacity. The plastic shell puts them head and shoulders above those store brands in my mind but it's just what I like.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I disagree, actually.
    Maybe about 12 years ago when they were actually a premium quality diaper, but now they're garbage.
    How and why they're able to keep their products on the shelf over other products is a mystery to me.

There are very few if any absolutes when talking about incontinence products. I've tried Depends and while many love to hate the brand, I found them to be quite effective for sleeping and long term use and able to last quite a while as long as you don't flood them. I also found that while I generally don't like cloth-backed diapers, the Walgreens store brand perform admirably and can take 2 big floods like a champ, but are prone to leak easier from press out when at capacity. Your mileage may vary. What may seem like wearing a leaky plastic bag to one person could feel like effective and comfortable protection to another. I must say, I enjoy Depends more, they fell like comfortable and efficient enough protection.

I have to agree with many of the above posters, Depends with Tabs aren't all that bad, especially for the price. While it's very true they're not in the same league with any premium diapers they DO work well for one or two moderate wettings. The stand-up leak guards work fairly well and the outer plastic covering does not leak at all. Not bad for about 70 cents each.
    Generally I find that there are few really bad products, mostly just bad applications. If your looking for an all-day diaper to hold multiple large wettings then Depends are NOT what you're looking for. Here's another example... Depends "flex-fit" pull-ups are just great for minor leaks and dribbles but will barely, if at all, contain one moderate wetting. Know your needs and buy accordingly.

I wish I had even the option to try them. . . .

You know when I was first discovering the AB/DL side of myself, I always considered the Depends briefs the ones I wanted; however, now that I can wear I cannot find them in my size in any store. Ordering online is not an option at this time.

I can never find any other actual diapers. Pullups, maybe, but not tabbed diapers. They're cheap, available, and relatively effective if you're like me and just use your diaper then immediately change.

I thankfully was coming into my own when most storebrand diapers still had plastic backing. I mostly was wearing the assurance ones from Walmart and I think it was dollar general that used to have an amazingly crinkly diaper too. These days that is not the case. Half the time I can't even find a Depends fitted brief muchless one that is in my size. I'm glad I upgraded to buying online a long time ago. The state of storebrand diapers is really bad compared to where it was about 15 years ago. Once you do go with the more premium ones online, you really don't even consider Depends or store brands worth your time or consideration, I'm assuming thats a cause of much of the hate. For those who are just starting off, it's all they have. My only other recommendaton for the OP is to try to find a non-chain pharmacy that might have other brands or can order some. I know I have a local one that keeps some of the Prevail and First Quality ones in-stock, it's better than store brand, but nothing compared to the premiums.