Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
In the last couple of days, I had to purge most of my plushies, due to an infestation of "Bedbugs". I do have some left, the ones that are the newest.

At least as an Autistic, I did not have a major temper-tantrum meltdown, despite the "crisis".

:frown::frown::frown:

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you didn't have a major issue with it and I hope the bedbug infestation is all taken care of and you can begin the process of building the collection back up.

I still have my dolly, "Precious", my Bear, "Poopy", and a few "small" plushies, including my My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic Beanie Babies.

I don't know much about bedbugs. Could you not wash them?

caitianx said:
In the last couple of days, I had to purge most of my plushies, due to an infestation of "Bedbugs". I do have some left, the ones that are the newest.

At least as an Autistic, I did not have a major temper-tantrum meltdown, despite the "crisis".

I just realized bed bugs got their grossness all over one of my favorite dollies recently too, so I know the feeling. :(

dogboy said:

It can, but bed bugs are the kinda bug infestation you have to get rid of all at once to really do anything about them. Not only that but they pretty much poop blood, which means they get blood stains on everything. My dolly is permanently stained herself. :(

dogboy said:

You could wash them, as long as it's a hot wash/hot rinse cycle and dried on the highest setting, which a lot of plushies would not survive. The problem with bedbugs though is if you have lots of things for them to hide in (like plushies), it will make getting rid of them much harder. You're better off purging as much as you can if you have an infestation.

Right before I moved out of my parent's apartment in 2009ish, they had a massive infestation, I ended up taking only my clothes (which I washed/dryed and then stored in plastic tubs) and my DVDs/Games (Which I hand checked thoroughly before they too went into a plastic tub). All I took with me was these two boxes, my Television and my only game console at the time. Had to buy furniture anew!

I feel for ya OP, bedbugs are one of the most annoying and irritating pests I have encountered.

To be honest, the thought of bedbugs scares the crap out of me. Fortunately I live in my own house on a fair amount of land. I don't like bugs to begin with, but bedbugs sound harmful to skin and health.

they die in a dryer, they can't handle the heat, we don't usually have bed bugs in the desert, but I did get eaten while in Chicago.

Whow I am sorry
gigglemuffinz said:
It can, but bed bugs are the kinda bug infestation you have to get rid of all at once to really do anything about them. Not only that but they pretty much poop blood, which means they get blood stains on everything. My dolly is permanently stained herself. :(

As gigglemuffinz said they are an infestation.
I was not sure if I was paranoid, but I just steamed the whole room, several time as treatment to get rid of those bug takes time and commitment.
There are wiki how on how to wash the sheet in hot water and get rid some of them.

I heard borax works and that most of the bed bug poison comes from the sunflower.
A friend of mine found a link on how to create some kind of like mouse trap for them.

Couldn't you of shoved the plushies into a sealed plastic bag and attach some sort of steamer into it and literally burn the bedbugs to death?

dogboy said:
To be honest, the thought of bedbugs scares the crap out of me. Fortunately I live in my own house on a fair amount of land. I don't like bugs to begin with, but bedbugs sound harmful to skin and health.

They are terrifying. To reproduce not only do the males rape the females, they shove their thing trough the females body. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_insemination

[video=youtube;Mju-Yx-_TmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mju-Yx-_TmE[/video]

Fire2box said:
They are terrifying.

[video=youtube;Mju-Yx-_TmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mju-Yx-_TmE[/video]
Oh great, now I am going to have nightmares. Again.

What I have heard is that they are hard to kill, but persistence works.

Deep deep cleaning followed by borax dusted around for about two weeks then deep clean again. Wash everything. Then for the big stuff put it in a sealed bag with moth balls for two weeks. For thick stuff like plush toys you do the was bag then re wash them.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Fire2box said:
Couldn't you of shoved the plushies into a sealed plastic bag and attach some sort of steamer into it and literally burn the bedbugs to death?

Yes but they also hide in the cracks in the wall, power socket (found one there), closet, bed (obviously), draws, and read some where that if you have another room next like a bathroom that they crawl all the way from there to you bed.

wonder if putting the plushies in the frezzer would kill bed bugs

LAME.

For better or worse, all of my plushies -- all four of them -- have been with me since I was a real baby, so I'd be locked in a fight to the death with those little bed-bastards. I've heard they can be starved, so I'd probably just put my stuff in Ziploc bags and do my best to forget about it for a while.

ApplePi said:
Yes but they also hide in the cracks in the wall, power socket (found one there), closet, bed (obviously), draws, and read some where that if you have another room next like a bathroom that they crawl all the way from there to you bed.

Yeah but we're talking about plushies here. I am not saying steam everything.

Fire2box said:
Yeah but we're talking about plushies here. I am not saying steam everything.
Opps, sorry.

Please please please tell me La-la Lamb was saved! If not, sorry for your loss.:hug:

in the desert, on the rare chance of getting a bed bug infestation they rent a sea-crate, put everything in it and let it sit in the sun for a few days, the heat kills them quick. They are hard to eradicate because they can live a year without eating, in Vegas they also have companies that will heat your whole house killing the bugs. They can survive freezing temps for a few days.

Next time they get on your plushies, just put them in the dryer on high for at least an hour.

- - - Updated - - -

take all the pictures off the walls too, they will hide behind pictures, I noticed the pictures had all been taken off the walls in the hotel room I had in Chicago, I would wake up itchy and have small rashes that got bigger and worse with time, read up on bed bug removal and one of the first things was to remove all the pictures along with furniture, Im guessing the hotel tried to eradicate the bed bugs but failed, luckily I didn't bring any home with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back