• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New DL Man From England Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi All,

This is my first post (I hope of many). I just wanted to say I'm excited to be here and looking forward to meeting lots of warm people.

indigo said:
Hi All,

This is my first post (I hope of many). I just wanted to say I'm excited to be here and looking forward to meeting lots of warm people.

Yay! Another UK-er! I'm from Scotland (the better part of the British Isles!) ;)

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself, so we can get to know you a bit. We're all friendly here, and we don't bite (well, some of the furrys might, but I'm sure it's just a friendly nibble!)

Also, we have a great group system, so if you've got any particular hobbies or interests I might be able to dig up a group that's relevant for you so you can meet like minded people :)

Hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Thanks for such a warm welcome Talula! OK, a little about me... I'm a businessman, so I spend most of my days running businesses that I've set up myself. This means I am overworked but, in some weird masochistic way, kind of loving the difficulty of it. I'm a regular gym goer, like reading (usually non-fiction) and love talking about things like optimal-living or healthy lifestyle, self-growth etc. I also have a secret interest in wearing nappies (kind of cool that I can say that here). Same back to you Talula, how would you describe yourself?

indigo said:
Thanks for such a warm welcome Talula! OK, a little about me... I'm a businessman, so I spend most of my days running businesses that I've set up myself. This means I am overworked but, in some weird masochistic way, kind of loving the difficulty of it. I'm a regular gym goer, like reading (usually non-fiction) and love talking about things like optimal-living or healthy lifestyle, self-growth etc. I also have a secret interest in wearing nappies (kind of cool that I can say that here). Same back to you Talula, how would you describe yourself?

Well, I'm currently working in a supermarket part time (blergh) but I just got news that I've got through to the telephone interview stage at a pretty big company doing a job I'll actually enjoy (and won't be giving me back injuries!), so I'm pretty psyched! I've been writing 'cheat sheets' to myself all morning with some ideas about what I could answer different questions with. I always do this for interveiws, and I never end up using them (turns out I love talking, who'd have thought?!) but it gives me the peace of mind knowing that they're there if I need them or have a mind blank or something!

I am also slowly getting into being healthy. I used to be so sporty when I was younger, but then I got lazy, and married, and slowly got a beer belly (so attractive in a 24 year old lady, right?), so I've taken up running and I've joined a few sports groups, and I'm REALLY enjoying myself! It's amazing!

I think the trick with interviews is to be genuine, and take an interest in the company. If you can go to the interview with a load of facts about the business you're hoping to join, you'll look keen. Is your running venture a recent thing? How's the progress?

I used to run cross country for school, but I never really persued it once I left. I started trying to run in November, but a nasty bout of the flu put an end to it.

Luckily, my friend and I found a 'jogscotland' beginners group to go to that started in January, and now I'm also doing the couch to 5k program as well. And I've entered a race in April so I've got something to aim for! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back