Why Goodnites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormtrooper

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I don't mean to sound rude here, but just hear me out for a bit.

While browsing our lovely support forum here, I come across threads about Goodnites more often than I'd like. My question is: why are some people seemingly obsessed with these things? Last time I wore them (when I was 7 or so), they didn't feel too good and the absorption wasn't too good either. Yes, they were actual Goodnites, not the generic store brand.
Again, sorry for being rude. I'm just curious.

Hello there StormTroper.

Different people will give you different reasons... Some might say that they like how cute the look. Some might say they are really easy to find in supermarkets, and are less embarrassing to buy than adult diapers. Some might say they fit nicely under clothing. Some might say they don't really use their diapers so much, rather just prefer to have some discreet padding on. And so on.

With so many people on here there are going to be lots of different tastes and preferences. I agree, for pure absorption and practical reasons, Goodnites are terrible. But I will also say that they can look rather adorable on a girl's butt :) take care.
A.

You might as well ask "why diapers?"

Trevor said:
You might as well ask "why diapers?"

Well, I don't think you can actually say that. As both questions are not even remotely similar.

I can understand why the OP asks because I also have wondered the same thing. I get that it can be hard to get a hold of something better, but I have seen people actually talk about GoodNites like as if they are a good product.

There is a difference between something being convenient to get, and something actually being a good product.

Any time I get GoodNites, they tend to be so bad that I soon regret my purchase. So I don't think there is anything wrong with asking such a question. In fact, asking questions is the only way we can understand one another

Soakingboy said:
Hello there StormTroper.

Different people will give you different reasons... Some might say that they like how cute the look. Some might say they are really easy to find in supermarkets, and are less embarrassing to buy than adult diapers. Some might say they fit nicely under clothing. Some might say they don't really use their diapers so much, rather just prefer to have some discreet padding on. And so on.

With so many people on here there are going to be lots of different tastes and preferences. I agree, for pure absorption and practical reasons, Goodnites are terrible. But I will also say that they can look rather adorable on a girl's butt :) take care.
A.

All very good points.

I like them and I wear them because I think they're cute, and they don't make adult pull ups that are anywhere close.

For me the obsession is asthetic. They're just cute an they're meant for looking not using.

Easy to find, cute, discreet and easy to hide, convenient to wear, and one of the biggest kid-sized diapers out there. I don't prefer them because as you suggested, I find a diaper that can fully protect and fit you properly outmatches any other option, but I can see where the appeal comes from. If I were smaller and could wear them more comfortably I'd give them a try more often. It's a shame they don't make a similar diaper with a widened midsection and more SAP in adult size.

It will be interesting to see how long the love affair with GoodNites lasts now that the largest size is on par with baby diapers. Before this latest iteration, GoodNites L/XL was a good 2" longer than Pampers Baby Dry 6. Now it's the same length, and a third narrower in the crotch than a baby diaper. This leaves us without any off-the-shelf option that's in between baby diapers and adult diapers, size-wise. Major bummer.

brabbit1987 said:
Well, I don't think you can actually say that. As both questions are not even remotely similar.

I can understand why the OP asks because I also have wondered the same thing. I get that it can be hard to get a hold of something better, but I have seen people actually talk about GoodNites like as if they are a good product.

There is a difference between something being convenient to get, and something actually being a good product.

Any time I get GoodNites, they tend to be so bad that I soon regret my purchase. So I don't think there is anything wrong with asking such a question. In fact, asking questions is the only way we can understand one another

All very good points.

The comparison seems apt to me when talking to any ABDL whose interest isn't based in practicality. We have irrational attractions to these things and who's to say or explain why one grabs the attention while another doesn't? For those who like them, they are a good product. It's a self-reinforcing cycle and justifying the attraction is as fruitless as doing it for diapers.

Why ?

Tinkerbell. on a diaper I can wear.

'nuff said !

Long version :
Goodnites are big training pants for bedwetters making them an easy to fit in pull-ups style diaper.
In most culture, adult diapers are linked to old people, diseases or handicap while goodnites have that touch of youngfulness, they are what you use on a child who hasn't totally grown out of his/her bedwetting (a "baby behavior").
So, they are better to feel younger : cute design, nice packaging, you buy them at the baby diaper aisle not the incontinence aisle,...

Also, they are perfect for potty training roleplay.

Trevor said:
The comparison seems apt to me when talking to any ABDL whose interest isn't based in practicality. We have irrational attractions to these things and who's to say or explain why one grabs the attention while another doesn't? For those who like them, they are a good product. It's a self-reinforcing cycle and justifying the attraction is as fruitless as doing it for diapers.

Right but the answers you will get differ greatly between the two is all I am saying. Though do I get where you are coming from.

A few reasons;

1. The most discreet ABDL Diaper on the market, great for work or other low key situations
2. The only youth based diaper to fit most adults
3. Affordable
4. The ONLY over the counter non-granny panty youth diaper adults can buy and wear. Otherwise you have to place and order from an online ABDL store and wait.
5. Boy or Girl choices
6. The ONLY ABDL useable PULL UP on the market

There are a lot of reasons to buy them, personally I like them because they are available in most stores and pharmacies, bigger and more stretchy than a baby diaper, and somewhat affordable. I think it's the general availability, size and designs.

I prefer to wear them to bed I've tried wearing tape on diapers to bed and really don't care for it. I like the youthful designs on them so I still get a lil bit of the babyish feeling out of them. Also I'm not one that wets the bed but if I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning I will wet them and change when I get up and change into a tape on diaper. That's my take on the whole thing.

I haven't tried the new ones yet. Main thing I liked about them is the sides never tear(at least for me). There was another l/xl pullup I liked allot more from Walgreens, but they changed to well-beginnings now, so I don't know if its the same.

Nostalgia I think. If you were a teenager with no younger siblings or elderly relatives to steal from they were probably the first thing you tried.

While they aren't my favorite, and definitely not as absorbent as an actual adult diaper, they still function like one even if only for a much shorter session. And sometimes I like to wear without wetting, and I'd rather not burn a Molicare merely for that.

Also, when buying in the store, your alternatives are either baby diapers or granny panties. :thumbdown4:

They're also very useful for us diaper loving girls. The pull-up style allows us to get up to pee in the middle of the night, while wearing more protection than a pad for "that time of the month". And during the day they are discrete enough that we don't have to worry about leaks, or people noticing.

they are sold everywhere, a 180 pound person can wear them..the absorbency is decent(i can use them in public and not leak, usually), they can be stuffed or doubled, they are cute and for girls or boys, you can buy them discreetly if you have kids..i can go on..goodnites have been good to me for over a decade..

Personally its pure nostalgia for me, I wore the all white (pre 2004/pre trim fit) goodnites as a bedwetting child from the time they first came out in 1993-1994 until I was 15 and then again from age 17 until they went to the trim fit style in 2004 due to a work injury. These goodnites were huge and fairly absorbant, the XL size was actually a bit big for me until i got close to 21 therefore I mostly wore the large size and honestly if they were still the same today as they were then I would absolutely still wear them for daytime protection.

Penny said:
...and they don't make adult pull ups that are anywhere close.

Yes, they do! Depend RealFits are about as close as you can come to finding a similar pull-up FOR ADULTS (as in, no childish designs...).

I'm not sure why they (RF's) get no traction, in our community, but you can lead a horse to the trough....

OK, so before anyone gets on their high horse, let's remember, we all have different levels of wear that we're able to use & get away with. FOR ME, I learned how to control myself enough to have the fun of wearing, still being able to pee bits, at my leisure (need), and be wearing "a diaper" (though some even dispute if a pullup is a diaper). I think it's all a matter of semantics. If someone else noticed my Real Fit, would they ask my why I'm wearing an adult incontinent garment, or would they just ask, "why are you wearing a diaper???". Likely, it would be the latter.

As for not having designs on them, RF's could be modified with stickers/markers, just as easily as other diapers, but I'm not going to get caught in something silly, if it's an ambulance driver, or E.R. tech/Dr. noticing my underwear choices, but still... If anything else can be made more "babyish", then why not these??? And, let's not make the mistake of buying other Depend pull-up products> RealFits come in the BOX only, but are available at WallyWorlds around the country. That's also what makes them a great choice; you can go 5 miles, to your nearest WallyWorld, and have a box, for about $12. Period! No online orders necessary; no figuring how to get the mail picked up before anyone else wonders what's in the box on the porch, etc.

Depend RealFits, guys! If you just have to pee every diaper you wear to the max, then maybe you should choose something else. These are great at giving you the option of peeing your pants, taking the edge off, running around in a wet diaper (yes, I said it!), and wearing multiples, to give you some extra mileage, without detection.

- - - Updated - - -

KenworthW900b said:
Personally its pure nostalgia for me, I wore the all white (pre 2004/pre trim fit) goodnites as a bedwetting child from the time they first came out in 1993-1994 until I was 15 and then again from age 17 until they went to the trim fit style in 2004 due to a work injury. These goodnites were huge and fairly absorbant, the XL size was actually a bit big for me until i got close to 21 therefore I mostly wore the large size and honestly if they were still the same today as they were then I would absolutely still wear them for daytime protection.

...and, yes, in the mid '90's, I wore the original Goodnites (can we call them the OGn's???), and they had a much higher profile, and absorbed fairly decent, even for a 200lb guy. I'd hit the side panels with a blow dryer, to relax them a bit, so they wouldn't tear, but I could wear & use one all day long, with dribbles. Then, they redesigned them, shortening the pant, which left me with a bit of plumber's crack, which just didn't work for me. Cute, yes, but I'm all about FIT & FUNCTION, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Pulluplover said:
A few reasons;

1. The most discreet ABDL Diaper on the market, great for work or other low key situations
3. Affordable
4. The ONLY over the counter non-granny panty youth diaper adults can buy and wear...
6. The ONLY ABDL useable PULL UP on the market

As I already mentioned, Depend REALFITS fulfill all of these criteria, but they just get overlooked all the time. Easily available, affordable, absorbent, ABDL, not granny/grampy panties, etc. The ONLY ISSUE is they just come in blue/gray, but who cares??? They're covered up, while you're wearing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back