Just got my first pacifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvtowearpampers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Today I just got my first pacifier (technically pacifiers, it was a pack of 2)! They are Nuk 18-36 month pacifiers, which I believe is Nuk 3 (correct me if I'm wrong). Are there any tips for pacifier care and usage? Also, I just sucked on one and I can feel the imprint of the teat on the roof of my mouth, is that supposed to happen?

Thanks!
Luvtowearpampers

I'm brand new to pacifiers myself. My wife got me a baby one on a night when she was a bit tipsy, but it was too small to be comfortable. About a week ago, I got an adult sized one that I ordered from Awwsocute.com and that is working out great. It has stayed in my mouth all night while I've slept without falling out and it helps me feel real babyish. So, if the Nuk 3 doesn't work out, try a Nuk 5 or other adult sized one. Have fun.

luvtowearpampers said:
Today I just got my first pacifier (technically pacifiers, it was a pack of 2)! They are Nuk 18-36 month pacifiers, which I believe is Nuk 3 (correct me if I'm wrong). Are there any tips for pacifier care and usage? Also, I just sucked on one and I can feel the imprint of the teat on the roof of my mouth, is that supposed to happen?

Thanks!
Luvtowearpampers

Yeah, I think that's the size three. Nuk is my favorite brand. I graduated a few years back and moved up to the size 4, then 5, and have since gotten one of the Nuk 7's (Note the Nuk 7 isn't actually made by Nuk, but by Pacifiers R Us).

As far as care goes, I usually just boil my in water the first time before using. Then periodically I'll rinse it off / boil it in water again.

I think, depending on where the imprint of the teat is on the roof of your mouth, you might need a larger paci. Remember, you're using something that's designed for a toddler. It's not going to be long enough or large enough to correctly fit inside of your mouth. Be careful, since the bulb of the teat is very close to your front teeth, it can over time start to move them.

You might need to use the pacifier sparingly, so that it doesn't do any damage. If you are wanting to use it a lot, and have it fit more comfortably in your mouth, you'll need to try to save up some money and get a larger pacifier. You can find larger ones on Baby Pants site, or Pacifiers R Us, and you might even find the Size 5 on Amazon or Ebay.

The Standard size 5 is plain white, since it's designed by Nuk for adults as part of therapy. If you wish to have something with color, or prints; you'll need to buy from one of the two sites I mentioned. They are sites for AB/DL's.

Some additional information on cleaning (based on previous threads that I have read on ADISC):

Some people just rinse off the pacifier in the sink, some will use dish washing soap, some will put the pacifier in the dishwasher and some will use boiling water.

There is a large difference of opinion as to what is needed.

FYI: I use the boiling water method once a month and just rinse at other times if needed.

Personally I like the nuk 3s but I have recently discovered Maam's and I like those a lot better. They are 36 mo plus I think.

I just ordered the Baby Pants "Nuk 6" and am excited to try it out. Should be here by the end of the week.

i just soak my paci in rubbing alcahol an wash it off o.o.

disneygeek said:
I just ordered the Baby Pants "Nuk 6" and am excited to try it out. Should be here by the end of the week.

Ooh! Do you have it yet? How do you like it? I just ordered one too, now anxiously awaiting its arrival!

disneygeek said:

Ohh cool. Yeah, I really like that one. Very nice. Hope you enjoy it.

disneygeek said:
On the nuk 6 they say dont boiling will deform plastic shield was soap water.

foxkits said:
On the nuk 6 they say dont boiling will deform plastic shield was soap water.

Really? I missed them saying that. I boiled mine & it was fine. I boil all mine. They're using an ordinary Nuk shield, so I didn't think anything of it.

Mattew said:
Really? I missed them saying that. I boiled mine & it was fine. I boil all mine. They're using an ordinary Nuk shield, so I didn't think anything of it.

It's probably a liability thing: kid gets burned, mom sues, NUK pays money.

The nuk size 2 I got says to boil before first use. I'm trying to get one of the size 3's, but it's hard to find in stores. //note I'm not sure if you can boil the latex one, just the silicon one.

Mattew said:

The Non boiling thing only has to do with the Nuk 6 that baby-pants designed. The Nuk 5 is fine to boil as they are using the same mouth guard as the baby ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back