Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaks and how you deal with them.

Default Leaks and how you deal with them.

I'm sitting at my work with a wet spot on butt. I'm going to wait for everyone to leave before I get up. I think my problem was that I had peed more than I thought and when I sat down it came out of the sides.
    What do you all do in events like this?

i wear plastic or rubber covers over disposable diapers .. and use booster pads.. you can just change out the pad as it gets wet.

I wear a top-of-the-line disposable diaper (Abena Level 4); and I very, very rarely have a problem with leaks. They are rather thick and thus not as discrete as products with less capacity. But they keep my pants dry on the outside.

I only wear dark pants now, no matter if I'm using protection or not. If I'm not, I still might possibly leak enough that it would be obvious in light colored jeans.

I recently went grocery shopping without the family and didn't want to have to stop in the bathroom in every store. I knew I was going to have to go quite a bit, too...I could just tell. I was wearing a Northshore Supreme, PUL pants, and Under Armour boxer briefs. I managed to flood it too fast on about the 5th time and it leaked bad around the insides of my legs and got past the PUL pants. Now, the interesting thing about using that microfiber layer is that It wicks really well and keeps almost all wetness from transferring to your pants. I felt like I was soaked and was quite self conscious waking thru the next 3 stores, but was dry by the time I got home and probably went 3 more times. My bladder belongs in a moderately sized squirrel.

So that's what I do...I try to prevent and mitigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    I'm sitting at my work with a wet spot on butt. I'm going to wait for everyone to leave before I get up. I think my problem was that I had peed more than I thought and when I sat down it came out of the sides.
    What do you all do in events like this?
    I have had the same issue. I have waited for others to leave before going to the potty to change my leaky diaper.

I wear a snap on flannel lined plastic pant over my diaper. This way my pants stay dry if the diaper leaks. It is also good when I can not change my diapers at that moment.

sometimes if my diaper is very saturated, and I have no spares or there's some time until I going home from work, I put paper towel between my diaper and plastic pants.
    that help soak up any urine coming out of the diaper. Thanksfully I don't have to perform such maneuvres too frequently.
    Like Inconinmiss, I too wear top of the notch premium disposable and a booster in it throughout the day, not that notible.....if you dress appropiate.

That's why normally I would ask for diapers with leak guards but even that alone sometimes does not help due to some unexpected floods around the dam. Some people double up in diapers (Very noticable, don't try this at work ), Some wear rubber pants to prevent the river from escaping, and some just get up lightly and inspect the damage and clean up as normal.

It's no science question because every diaper will leak up to a point but it's up to you to figure out how your going to handle the situation, whether it's a bad leak or a minor leak. The better the absorbency, the less likely your going to push urine out of your diaper.

norcal57

Use the best disposable you can get. If you wet enough to have leaks, try using Bambino or Comficare, and make sure to use snap-on style plastic pants. Snap-on are a must to help prevent leaks and for additional ventilation.

I'm purchasing some leakmaster plastic pants to help deal with the leaks. My leaks almost always come out the sides when I am sleeping, usually don't have a problem while sitting though.