pull-up style diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pullupsboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
so im new here and i just recently experimented with goodnites (8-15) and i really like them. cute and hold a fair bit, only thing is they're a bit snug :(.

are there any bigger/more absorbent options?
what do you pros use?

i'd rather not make the leap up to 'adult diapers' if possible- perhaps something made by huggies/pampers/etc for teens?

thanks guys :)

Hi, welcome to the forum! It'd be cool if you told us a bit more about yourself on they "Greetings/Introductions" forum. Unfortunately, Goodnites are about the largest thing that don't quite qualify as adult diapers. They used to be a bit larger, but earlier this year Huggies made some changes to the design. If you're looking for more absorbency, I would recommend try Pampers Underjams, size L/XL. They are similar in size to Goodnites, but have stretchier sides and are more absorbent. They're also a bit harder to find, but I think that most Walmarts will have them. The next step up from that is adult diapers. There is a new type of pull up called Always Discreet, which are actually made by Pampers. They are designed for women, but I personally find diapers designed for females cuter than diapers for guys, and they absorb just as well. I haven't personally tried Always Discreet, but I'm planning on buying a pack this upcoming week. I actually posted a thread about these about a week ago asking how they were, and I hear that they feel a bit like sized up Underjams, and absorb similarly. They also have a girly flower design and scent. So if you want pull ups that fit better, you should try those (I'll tell you what I think about them when I get them, so you should probably wait until then, which may be Monday). But even better than pull ups in my opinion and most people's opinions are tape on style diapers. To start out, I would recommend buying a pack of Walgreens Certainty fitted briefs (you'd probably fit into size medium). They are also available at CVS known as "CVS Day & Night fitted briefs" and at Walmart known as "Assurance fitted briefs". Their absorbency and babyish feel will amaze you, especially compared to Goodnites (but Goodnites are way cuter). So you have yourself some options. If you like, I can provide you links to these diapers on the website of whichever store you'd be buying from (I think Walmart is the only place that has Underjams, though). Also be sure to check out the whole forum, in the "Stories" section you can check out the story that I'm writing called "Holly's Diapered Vacation". Sorry for rambling on, I tend to do that sometimes. :smile1:
Thanks!
Luvtowearpampers

pullupsboy said:
so im new here and i just recently experimented with goodnites (8-15) and i really like them. cute and hold a fair bit, only thing is they're a bit snug :(.

are there any bigger/more absorbent options?
what do you pros use?

i'd rather not make the leap up to 'adult diapers' if possible- perhaps something made by huggies/pampers/etc for teens?

thanks guys :)

Hello PullupsMan!

First off, let me say welcome to ADISC and I hope you make an introduction here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/3-Greetings-Introductions

There are some recommended pull-ups out there if you wish to try them out. The one's I know for teens are,

Pampers Easy-ups
Pampers UnderJams
Huggies Pull-Ups NightTime
Huggies Pull-Ups
Huggies GoodNights

Those are the five I'm aware off. Be careful thou, if your too big of waist, then they might be a bit snug on you and you don't want to try to fit into anything small because it will be uncomfortable.

There is one adult pull-up that might work bests for you but it's not cute, the Abena Abri-flex: http://www.northshorecare.com/pullons-abena.html

Those are a good start if the baby pull ups are a bit too much for you and these are really good at absorbency!

Snivy said:
Hello PullupsMan!

First off, let me say welcome to ADISC and I hope you make an introduction here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/3-Greetings-Introductions

There are some recommended pull-ups out there if you wish to try them out. The one's I know for teens are,

Pampers Easy-Jams
Pampers UnderJams
Huggies Pull-Ups NightTime
Huggies Pull-Ups
Huggies GoodNights

Those are the five I'm aware off. Be careful thou, if your too big of waist, then they might be a bit snug on you and you don't want to try to fit into anything small because it will be uncomfortable.

There is one adult pull-up that might work bests for you but it's not cute, the Abena Abri-flex: http://www.northshorecare.com/pullons-abena.html

Those are a good start if the baby pull ups are a bit too much for you and these are really good at absorbency!

Do you mean Easy Ups, or has Pampers made a new product called Easy-Jams? :smile1:

luvtowearpampers said:
Do you mean Easy Ups, or has Pampers made a new product called Easy-Jams? :smile1:

Darnit Derpy! >=P

Thanks for the fix! :eek:

Thank you all! Wow, this forum is active!

I might do the greeting/introduction thing. I'm still sort of accepting this whole diaper thing..... it's weird and I feel weird about it, but I love it! Point is, I REALLY want to keep my diaper hobby sorta quiet and until I'm away from the rest of my family and into my flat so I can browse this forum and try out diapers in earnest.

@luvtowearpampers- THANK YOU for all of your suggestions. Really useful information and I appreciate it! I would like to try tape-on diapers... but I'm going to be flatting so I'm not really sure about discretion and, more importantly, disposal. Do you use your diapers? If so, what do you do about smell? Also, what's your personal favorite pull-on style diaper?

@Snivy- Super great list! Exactly what I was after with this post. Can I get your advice on one other thing? I'm actually pretty small and skinny, so the Goodnites I tried fit me easily around the waist/thighs.... the frustrating tightness/pressure was the front of the diaper against my crotch. Is this normal? Do you have any tips to fix this, or could you recommend a pull-up that gives me a little more room down there? Sorry if it's a strange subject...

I love my Abena abri flexs. I prefer pull ons over regular tabbed diapers just because of convenience, being that I'm not so great at changing myself. I do plan on getting some tabbed diapers in the next week or two, but I still prefer the abri flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back