Northshore supreme/Abena M4/Absorbancy level 4 questions, I'd like to hear your pref...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskeybravo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, because right now I'm wearing almost only disposables, and dry 24/7 is my fav, but I also keep an eye out for a cheaper diaper. (plastic backed) I normally prefer the Abena, at 1.40 per diaper, I would buy the Northshore supreme, except I can't find a case with free shipping, and shipping makes it more expensive than the M4. The level 4's lack leak guards, but seem to perform ok. (And I can still get them for 1.09/diaper) Perhaps I should just buy 2 cases of those. IDK, I won't be wearing anything but a dry 24/7 to bed, because nothing terrifies me more than a night time leak. I hate it.

Anyway, What are your thoughts on those three?

I wore the Northshore Supreme to bed the last 2 nights because they kindly sent me a 2 diaper sample upon request. It was pretty thick and swelled up a lot, so I would never wear it during the day, but it did a good job keeping me dry through the night. Both nights, I wet it slightly before bed and then woke up during the night and had another 2-3 smallish wettings. This morning, just to test it, I flooded it when I got out of bed for the day. It held up, but I would say it had definitely hit its capacity. Anyway, overall, I liked them so far and I am going to order a bag today to give it a bit of a longer test period before I commit to a case.

If you haven't tried it yet, you might want to email them and ask for a sample. With my sample, they also sent a code for free shipping for my first actual order, so I am using that when I order the bag today.

pampersman said:
I wore the Northshore Supreme to bed the last 2 nights because they kindly sent me a 2 diaper sample upon request. It was pretty thick and swelled up a lot, so I would never wear it during the day, but it did a good job keeping me dry through the night. Both nights, I wet it slightly before bed and then woke up during the night and had another 2-3 smallish wettings. This morning, just to test it, I flooded it when I got out of bed for the day. It held up, but I would say it had definitely hit its capacity. Anyway, overall, I liked them so far and I am going to order a bag today to give it a bit of a longer test period before I commit to a case.

If you haven't tried it yet, you might want to email them and ask for a sample. With my sample, they also sent a code for free shipping for my first actual order, so I am using that when I order the bag today.

I ah, used that code already, and now I wish I had used it on a case, rather than pack. The northshore supreme would be my first choice, except, right now, they are close in price to the 24/7 sale.

For me, NorthShore Supremes have been the absolute superior product. The shell is durable as heck, yet soft. The tapes are the strongest that I have used in a while allowing me to tape a diaper on ridiculously tight. The leak guards are fantastic and the padding is the best all around performer I have ever come across. It absorbs quickly, retains large amounts without press out, and has hands down the best sitting and side laying performance of any disposable diaper. I really like these.

Actually after you factor in shipping the dry247 are cheaper (with the sale price) as the shipping is included. Makes it worth dealing with their stupid site bugs to get it ordered.
After I get through the case of dry247 from this deal, I'll probably go back to the NSC ones. I've got a few of the XP L3 and L4's left to use up as well but I don't like them as well as the other two.

I totally prefer Abena M4 because it fits me the best and I really have no problem with leaking. I never had a problem with the tapes and I can readjust them if necessary. The crinkle is noticeable and that is always a plus for me. Overall it is a really solid diaper and it is probably one of the best diapers I have ever had.

I have been able to use the NSC87 promo code with the Northshore ones to get free shipping. I still haven't tried the Dry 24/7 ones yet. I never can trust a website that is buggy, I would worry about security too much since I work in IT and deal to some degree with website stuff.

NSC87 allegedly works once. I already bought a case with that one. The bugs on dry247 aren't a security issue. They just pass the wrong billing address down to paypal which causes the AVN to fail if you don't actually use a paypal login and your shipping and billing address aren't the same. It's annoying but you can give paypal the proper billing address and it does eventually go through. You never give any of your paypal/credit card info them, it's all done with a redirect to paypal's site.

And just like that, northshore sent me a discount code for 5 dollars off, and free shipping, bringing the cost per unit to a VERY reasonable 1.21/diaper. So I sprung for a case, I should be pretty well stocked up till my next buying binge. :)

willnotwill said:
NSC87 allegedly works once.

I just ordered a case from Northshore using that code and it worked for me. It's free ground shipping that's only good in the continental U.S. Still use Aena M4's, but it's nice to have a choice. Based on reviews the Northshore diapers appear to be very good.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the premium diapers from Dry 24/7's to Bambinos. I have not tried the A+ Level 4 diapers from XP Medical, but since they do not have a inner cuff and I have occasional fecal incontinence, I probably won't.

Well I just got a case of Northshore Supreme diapers using the free shipping code on it. I got their x-large despite my waist (45"-46") allegedly not being big enough for them. I have tried their X-large with no problems getting them to fit by asking for samples and I was quite amazed how good they really are including their fit. Apparently their sizing chart and their absorbency rating are not accurate based upon what I have seen of them(as well as the review that's recently been done on them somewhere under articles). They actually a lot hold more then the alleged 42 oz the x-large supposedly says they hold which surprised me based upon what I know of them. Basically based upon what I know Northshore supreme's hold comparably to a Abena M4 at least in their x-large size based upon personal experience as well as the review that was done under articles in the link down below. Nobody actually tells Northshore this I think because they are afraid that Northshore will try to tamper with success essentially. I prefer Northshore because they fit especially well on me which is weird considering how big I really am (6'6" 250 lbs). http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/90998-NorthShore-Supreme-Review

I finally found a diaper that will let me play full contact sports again (like football or something as rough essentially) and still do their intended job I think. I am going to try test this theory when I get the case and see how well those diapers really work after getting tackled a few times sometime later next week or maybe this weekend actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back