Bigs & Caretakers - your best moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
There's a lot of discussion amongst ABs/Littles and Furries on ADISC about their best experiences within that framework, but I'd be interested to hear what the happiest memories are of being a Big or any other type of Caretaker, from those on ADISC who've done that role.

Is it the feeling of power and being in a dominant role? Is it making your Little/Cub/etc. giggle or laugh or cuddle up to you? Or is it more an activity, like playing a certain game with your little one, or even changing their diaper? I'd be really interested to hear. :)

I'm not quite in the caretaker field anymore, but it was mostly the trust placed that I enjoy, and the thought that the one you're taking care of greatly appreciates your love makes me feel kind of fuzzy inside. Of course, nowadays I'd prefer to be on the receiving end of all that love and care. :p

My happiest memories as a caregiver are all aroudn helping my little one feel happy and secure. Central to the caregiver mindset is the joy of providing care and guidance to a little one. It's different from being little,but just as special, and sometimes even better! The chance to be with yourroleplay partner and reach out to comfort them when they're at their most vulnerable is truly special and beautiful.

I know that my little one's actual childhood was not good in a lot of ways. While I can't go back and change that, I can provide a happy and safe childhood for her now. It's really meaningful to see her relax and feel safe and happy,or make her giggle, or see her confidence come out so brightly. I think this must be what being a parent is like - to see your child take those steps towards personal freedom and joy, and to know you plaed a role in helping them. It's really fulfilling!

If you ask other caregivers, you'll get many different answers. But in my case, it's really wonderful to put a smile on your little's face, and to give them a bit of that same happiness they give you just by being there.

Adventurer said:
I know that my little one's actual childhood was not good in a lot of ways. While I can't go back and change that, I can provide a happy and safe childhood for her now. It's really meaningful to see her relax and feel safe and happy,or make her giggle, or see her confidence come out so brightly. I think this must be what being a parent is like - to see your child take those steps towards personal freedom and joy, and to know you plaed a role in helping them. It's really fulfilling!

I totally get that. There's a great quote on the Big Little Podcast, which is "you're never too old to have a happy childhood". I think that's particularly relevant to those of us who've had difficult childhoods. I didn't have to deal with any of the abuse which some ADISCers have discussed (I was fortunate to grow up in a loving environment), but I had to deal with some really traumatic events from a young age.

Yes, I think in a lot of ways, that that is like being a parent. Not in the way of helping an actual little develop in an intellectual or traditionally developmental sense, but certainly in terms of bringing out a personality which takes the love and care of another person to emerge and be nurtured, and in sharing a really special, intimate happiness with your Little. :)

Adventurer said:
My happiest memories as a caregiver are all aroudn helping my little one feel happy and secure. Central to the caregiver mindset is the joy of providing care and guidance to a little one. It's different from being little,but just as special, and sometimes even better! The chance to be with yourroleplay partner and reach out to comfort them when they're at their most vulnerable is truly special and beautiful.

If you ask other caregivers, you'll get many different answers. But in my case, it's really wonderful to put a smile on your little's face, and to give them a bit of that same happiness they give you just by being there.

This is exactly what I want. I have never had much of a chance to simply be myself and do just that for someone else. For lack of better words I am starved of that feeling. My profile only says I am a caretaker because I want to be able to feel this way but I never had the chance to be someone's caretaker yet. I wish I could find someone to take care of regularly but that will take time. When it comes to helping people my actions are usually a lot more effective then my words ever could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back