Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diapering yourself

Default Diapering yourself

So for those of you without anyone to diaper you, how would you do it? I hear laying down is a good way to do it, but i nearly screwed up real bad the other night (my first time) and although i didn't leak, i nearly tore the M4 repositioning the tapes after i realized the fit/placement want quite right, and it barely held through the wetting(about half an hour or so, cause nerves and stuff.) A list of tips/steps for making sure i don't do this again would be very helpful, thanks.

This link will show you how to diaper yourself: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...ut-On-a-Diaper

Some good steps on diapering is putting the bottom tapes and pointing them upwards and the top tapes facing downward to ensure s snug safe feeling.

Oh, and don't feel bad. My first time diapering myself was a complete disaster and thank god I didn't leak myself :P after re-checking this article and looking at some ways to easily try this method out, along with some practice (because practice makes perfect), I perfectly do this everytime I pad up without making any mistakes.

1) You may mess up

2) You will get the hang of it

3- and 4- and 5- and so on, you will have the entire method mastered and you won't fail.

Thanks for the link Snivy, it was really helpful. Also, i kept trying to pull it up and keep it close to my crotch (so it would lay like regular boxer briefs) while i was wearing it, but it kept settling a bit lower on me, so there was a bit of space between my skin and the diaper. Is this most likely due to an improper taping job on my part, or could it be something else? I could stand to loose a couple pounds, but I'm definitely not what one would consider fat or overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron681 View Post
    Thanks for the link Snivy, it was really helpful. Also, i kept trying to pull it up and keep it close to my crotch (so it would lay like regular boxer briefs) while i was wearing it, but it kept settling a bit lower on me, so there was a bit of space between my skin and the diaper. Is this most likely due to an improper taping job on my part, or could it be something else? I could stand to loose a couple pounds, but I'm definitely not what one would consider fat or overweight.
    It probably has nothing to do with any of that.

Abena's don't fit me terribly well, and as far as a daytime diaper, I don't really think they were designed for active youngish people and more for the bedridden. Excellent night time diaper, however.

Try a diaper cover or snug boxer briefs with them, it helps keep them in place.

Nah, it's nothing like that, it's usually best to have some part of the diaper hanging between your legs that way it is alot easier trying to catch the urine. As for the separation from skin and diaper, which skin is it separated from your diaper?

Here's an example: I am a 32" And the Abena M4 fits waists around 28 to 40 around so I am an average fit. I don't need to adjust when I tape for the first time, I follow the article (Not anymore because I am used to it)

It is a medical diaper so it's necessary to keep away from your skin and SAP the urine away also from your skin (to prevent rash) I wouldn't think you are too small or anything. If possible, you could just tape yourself and just pull it up a bit. The tapes are also re-adjustable so after the first tapes, you can re-tape it to ensure a snug feeling and prevent the tapes from popping off in anyway.

You don't wanna tape them too tightly or anything, just tape normal and re-adjust if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
    Try a diaper cover or snug boxer briefs with them, it helps keep them in place.
    This method only works when you are trying to stay discreet for awhile to prevent your diaper from crinkling, how would that exactly hold it in place if the diaper does nothing but push? You would have a bulge from the diaper and all it's gonna do is push it out of it's way because the diaper is plastic, you can't postpone the inevitable. When your diapered, there's nothing to fight it, once your strapped in, your strapped in for the whole ride

But if the diaper is too big for him, using boxer briefs miiiiiight not be smart if it's too big and things might run off.

Also, what if he wants to wear nothing but a T-shirt and a diaper? What's the fun if your just gonna wear boxers over your diapers? That's no fun!

Opinions will differ. From what I've read, whatever method you learned first is most likely going to seem like the obviously easiest way to do it since when you try some other method you fail horribly. So you'll get wildly varying advice here. Keep that in mind when reading any reply. (including MINE)

If you're going to be changing when away from home, particularly in a public restroom, it's hard to argue against changing standing up. Nobody wants to lay on their back on a public bathroom floor, even if it is a single occupancy locked room with a large handicapped size area. So a lot of us use the "back against a wall" standing up method. You trap the back of your diaper at the right final position behind you between you and the stall or bathroom wall. Then tape up.

Again, opinions vary as to whether you should do the lowers or uppers first, probably for the same reasons above. I do the uppers first, because their job is to keep your diaper UP on your hips. You're taping around your belt line. If you get the top tapes right, you should be able to step away from the wall and straighten out the front and back wings on both sides before taping them so you get either a comfortable or a snug fit around your legs. (LEGS, not WAIST) Snug if you need leakproof, a little looser if you just want comfy. Trying to tape the lowers toward each other inward around your waist will probably end up fitting very sloppy around your legs and will be much more likely to leak.

Whether or not you find that method easier than some other, it's the only "portable" method, and as such you'll either have to stay inside, learn two different methods, or get good at this one.

and that's my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    As for the separation from skin and diaper, which skin is it separated from your diaper?
    It is separated from the skin underneath, between my giblets and my butt. My waist size is 34-35 inches, so the diaper is the right size. Im about 5'9" and weigh a bit under 190 lbs, kinda halfway between muscular and average Joe build, with a bit of pudge around the middle. The muscular part is my chest and arms, and my legs(which are build almost like small trees).

Also, I don't wear outside my room, terrified of someone finding out. So when i out them on, I'm laying on my bed.

It is separated from the skin underneath, between my giblets and my butt. My waist size is 34-35 inches, so the diaper is the right size. Im about 5'9" and weigh a bit under 190 lbs, kinda halfway between muscular and average Joe build, with a bit of pudge around the middle. The muscular part is my chest and arms, and my legs(which are build almost like small trees).
    It's supposed to be like that, the Abena M4 (like I said, medical diaper) sags a bit underneath to keep urine away from direct contact from skin, I'm sure you have it on correctly.

Well, i guess that good then. Now if only i can figure out how to tape the damn thing properly the first time so i dont nearly rip the side panel, and it doesn't try to escape down my legs when its used.

Well, i guess that good then. Now if only i can figure out how to tape the damn thing properly the first time so i dont nearly rip the side panel, and it doesn't try to escape down my legs when its used.
    That article speaks itself perfectly, it takes practice till you nail it completely.

The M4's have leak guards so it shouldn't?