Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Ok. I did a search and couldn't find this topic! How is that possible? Surely every little with a decent computer has played this game?

If not, you have to!

Ok, the game for those who haven't played it. Among the Sleep is a very well made indy game Krillbite Studios. In it you play a two year old on his birthday. At the start it's happy but, in the middle of the night, your crib is tipped over and the area is plunged into darkness and fear. Your only ally is your teddy bear who helps to hold the darkness at bay and make you feel safe. You must navigate your house in search of your mum as you are pursued by monsters. The only way you can avoid them is to hide under furniture.

The graphics are good, the game play is good, the story is good and the ending is fantastic. Even my non-AB friends loved it. Get the game. It's on steam It's like $20AuD or $10-15USD.

Get it! Or at least look it up.

There were a couple posts on this when it came out.
I haven't played it, but I watched Krillin from TFS play it.

The ending was interesting.

I've played that game. It was fun but wholly crap that game was scary gave me knightmares.

I remember playing it when it came out! I enjoyed it very much, albeit rather short.
The DLC is pretty interesting too! I remember playing through it while in a skype call with me mummy.

Never played it. Didn't seem to be the kind of game I would like all that much.

The game certainly looks interesting but seems rather expensive for what it is, especially if one can beat it in 3-4 hours with little replay value. Though I might consider buying it if there is a Steam sale or similar.

It looks interesting, wish I could play it

I wanna play that game but I can't afford to get it. T^T Even if I don't like scary games but it's interesting to me.

Desphiria said:
I wanna play that game but I can't afford to get it. T^T Even if I don't like scary games but it's interesting to me.

it's scary but not amenisa scary. Same sort of gameplay but there's really no deaths, torture, etc.

Fire2box said:
it's scary but not amenisa scary. Same sort of gameplay but there's really no deaths, torture, etc.

Still scary enough that I won't play it, and turned off the youtube video of someone else playing it...

I've played through the game twice. I truly think for how long krillbite worked on this game it should have been a longer story. 2.5hrs of gameplay from that long of development is a bit of a letdown.
Perhaps they focused too much on VR support...

Anyway, I suggest picking it up on a sale as $19.99 for 2.5hrs of gameplay really isn't worth the price-tag.

The game made me motion sick when I played the early demo, so I didn't buy it. Frankly, though, it just doesn't have enough baby aspects to be interesting to me. The game really failed to capture the "feel" of your protagonist being a two year old.

My little friend and I convinced a vanilla friend of ours to play it for us while we cuddled each other from fear. It was a fun night ^^

Fire2box said:

Pretty sure that is for the best that there is no deaths, torture, etc.

Personally I liked the whole idea of what a kid can see thing a lot. Oh and love the DLC, the part with the stove and a monster in that room on there totally hit home with me.

I personally wasn't to impressed with it. I was really excited for it too. I thought it was far too short, I pretty much understood what was really happening about an hour in and to tell you the truth it really just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know how to explain it I guess I just didn't like their execution.

I have not played this game myself, but I have watched a play through of it by Markiplier. I then went and searched for more info about the games story and characters and I found out that it has a deep storyline attached. The way that the child sees his mother in the "other world" and the way he remembers his father. Krillbite Studios did a fantastic job with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back