Should I Buy Always Discreet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvtowearpampers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I ran out of diapers a few weeks ago and I'm about ready to buy some more. I am wondering about the Always Discreet pull ups (maximum absorbency). How thick are they? How comfortable are they? How cute are they? How absorbent are they? And are they "granny panties" or more like Goodnites (I've heard that they are the closest adult diaper to Goodnites). Please give me your thoughts on them.
Thanks!
Luvtowearpampers

I use them as a lightweight pullup, stuffed with Goodnight stuffers, size L. To me, they are far better that any of the depends pull ups without tapes and far more comfortable.

I haven't tried them, but from what I've seen they are a cross between the granny bloomer style pull-ups, and GoodNites. They've got a nice feminine design on the outside and have a much snugger fit, similar to GoodNites. As far as the padding goes, they don't look too promising. It's a thin and short-reaching rectangular strip of padding that doesn't even reach halfway to the navel on the front and goes only inches up the back side - I imagine the absorbency is actually comparable to GoodNites judging by how short and thin the pad inside is.

Basically, bloomer style pull-ups with a nice floral design, snugger fit and lower cut.

I liked them but nonfunctional for what I need them for. I have an incontinence issue and am a sexually functioning male meaning that keeping myself pointed down will not work. Keep that in mind if you're a male.

If your only option is store bought its bad or very bad adult diapers.
First Attends - Bad it is decent for a lower level incontinence issues and they do have a weird perfume smell .
Second Depends Fitted Briefs Max Protection -Very bad low quality absorbency however the fit is decent and has 3 tapes on each side like the attends.
If you are desperate for a diaper and have no choice then get the Depends otherwise the Attends are your first choice .
However if you can order by internet go for the Abena Abri Form X-Plus L-4 or Dry 24-7 both are the best of the business hands down and XP Medical with Gary and Nicholas can provide excellent service and very discreet shipping.
My opinion is those always thingys aint worth the paper they are made with .

xpluswearer said:
If your only option is store bought its bad or very bad adult diapers.
First Attends - Bad it is decent for a lower level incontinence issues and they do have a weird perfume smell .
Second Depends Fitted Briefs Max Protection -Very bad low quality absorbency however the fit is decent and has 3 tapes on each side like the attends.
If you are desperate for a diaper and have no choice then get the Depends otherwise the Attends are your first choice .
However if you can order by internet go for the Abena Abri Form X-Plus L-4 or Dry 24-7 both are the best of the business hands down and XP Medical with Gary and Nicholas can provide excellent service and very discreet shipping.
My opinion is those always thingys aint worth the paper they are made with .
I was asking specifically about Always Discreet. I know what my options are (and there are better store bought diapers than what you have mentioned). Please don't hijack my thread.

DLScottsman said:
I liked them but nonfunctional for what I need them for. I have an incontinence issue and am a sexually functioning male meaning that keeping myself pointed down will not work. Keep that in mind if you're a male.

This was my experience also. Whether excited in that way or not, I find the up position much more comfortable, and the Always Discreet aren't (for obvious reasons!) designed for that. The position and span of the padding are clearly female-optimized. I did like the feminine print, though, and they were quite comfortable. Yes, the elastic is the frilly "granny panty" stuff, but the print made this seem (to me) a bit less obnoxious. Overall, I give them a "not quite."

luvtowearpampers said:
I was asking specifically about Always Discreet. I know what my options are (and there are better store bought diapers than what you have mentioned). Please don't hijack my thread.

He was just trying to be helpful. Don't be a dick. He doesn't know what your options are.

Of course, you could be resourceful and combine a mega-booster with these pull-ups. They seem to have the best overall fit of any adult-sized pull-up I've seen. Here's a good model picture: http://www.continenceproductadvisor.org/ProductAdvisor/cms/png/760/000000329.png

But the biggest weakness on them is the thin and ineffective pad. You could try placing an Abri-San pad, Poise pad, or other waterproof-backed pad inside it and use it similarly to a mesh pant. The Always Discreet have the advantage of being low-cut and a nicer, streamlined fit than your average pull-up. They just need a serious upgrade on the absorbency.

I have heard Always discreet are good adult pull ups, but I haven't tried them yet.

Was not Hijacking your post not whatsoever.
It is my opinion that anything made by Always was meant for period stuff not incontinence issues. And that Always brief is a period pad made into a brief pullup. And to me not worth the paper its made with.
With that said, Unless your issues are only period related Always Kotex and Stayfree are your choice.
If your incontinence issues are light very light your options are Depend poise or its equal product from generic sources or the belted under garmets .
Or you could go up to the fitted brief which for light incontinence would be overkill.
Now if its medium to heavy I would go with the Full Fitted brief PLASTIC BACKED Only you will regret buying any cloth backed full fitted brief diaper they leak since its not plastic backed. Science 101 Cloth=absorbs and stays wet. Plastic a water barrier period since water cannot go thru plastic period plain and simple .
With that said Sorry for the misconception that I was hijacking your post Will do better at it in the future

xpluswearer said:
Was not Hijacking your post not whatsoever.
It is my opinion that anything made by Always was meant for period stuff not incontinence issues. And that Always brief is a period pad made into a brief pullup. And to me not worth the paper its made with.
With that said, Unless your issues are only period related Always Kotex and Stayfree are your choice.
If your incontinence issues are light very light your options are Depend poise or its equal product from generic sources or the belted under garmets .
Or you could go up to the fitted brief which for light incontinence would be overkill.
Now if its medium to heavy I would go with the Full Fitted brief PLASTIC BACKED Only you will regret buying any cloth backed full fitted brief diaper they leak since its not plastic backed. Science 101 Cloth=absorbs and stays wet. Plastic a water barrier period since water cannot go thru plastic period plain and simple .
With that said Sorry for the misconception that I was hijacking your post Will do better at it in the future
Sorry, but this is all rather ridiculous. Really. I'm not going to call Always Discreet an awesome diaper, but it is pretty clearly an all-new product, not a menstrual pad with a waistband. That's not taking the marketing at face value, that's simply believing my own eyes; I've seen and used the Always Discreet, and I've seen (and played with) menstrual pads. The difference is pretty obvious. You're entitled to your opinion that other products are better, but making statements like you have is all drama and unhelpful. Please try to be more matter-of-fact.

As for cloth-backed diapers: Millions of rather picky parents have had nothing but cloth-backed disposable diapers for more than a decade. If "cloth-backed" was synonymous with "leaky", we'd know. The shells on these diapers do tend to "breathe", meaning that water vapor (not urine) can sometimes pass through and slightly moisten (not drench) the outer cover. If your pants get soaked, that's a leak -- not cloth-specific.

Further, the idea that these diapers are backed only with that nonwoven cloth is, quite often, incorrect. As with Pampers and some Huggies products, the Always Discreet "cloth-backed" pull-ups have a cloth-like cover over a plastic shell. You can peel it off and have a plastic diaper if you like (though it's thin and easily punctured by itself).

Anyway. It's totally ok to like something else "just because" -- especially here, since our attraction to a particular brand of diaper often has nothing to do with practicality -- so there's no reason to make stuff up and bad-mouth other products. They're not your thing. We get it.

How is the absorbency compared to Goodnites? If it's comparable I'll probably just get them. Also xpluswearer, you seem to be getting the jist that I am incontinent. I am not, as you can see in my profile I'm AB and DL.

I posted recently a review about these Always Discreet pull-ups, you can read it here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/91257-A-small-review-of-Always-Discreet-underpants

I find these pull-ups really great, they do have a granny look at first when you pull them up, but as I mentioned you can fold the big waistband inside and that becomes much better. They do have a feminine look (and scent!) as well, but that is alright to me as I wear girl & boys Goodnites too. And I don't find them not adapted to my morphology although I am a boy.

They absorb pretty well (I advise to choose the most absorbent ones, as there are 2 levels available), but of course it's still a pull-up, not a Tena Maxi! They are thin at the beginning (although you can feel them, especially when sitting), but when they are close to saturated, they swell pretty much, which is not bad too!

- - - Updated - - -

luvtowearpampers said:
How is the absorbency compared to Goodnites? If it's comparable I'll probably just get them. Also xpluswearer, you seem to be getting the jist that I am incontinent. I am not, as you can see in my profile I'm AB and DL.

They are a more absorbent than Goodnites, I would say 25% more (just a rough estimation).

Mickael75 said:
I posted recently a review about these Always Discreet pull-ups, you can read it here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/91257-A-small-review-of-Always-Discreet-underpants

I find these pull-ups really great, they do have a granny look at first when you pull them up, but as I mentioned you can fold the big waistband inside and that becomes much better. They do have a feminine look (and scent!) as well, but that is alright to me as I wear girl & boys Goodnites too. And I don't find them not adapted to my morphology although I am a boy.

They absorb pretty well (I advise to choose the most absorbent ones, as there are 2 levels available), but of course it's still a pull-up, not a Tena Maxi! They are thin at the beginning (although you can feel them, especially when sitting), but when they are close to saturated, they swell pretty much, which is not bad too!

- - - Updated - - -

They are a more absorbent than Goodnites, I would say 25% more (just a rough estimation).

Ok thanks! I think I'll give them a try. I'll buy a pack of these as well as a pack of my usual Wallgreens Certainty diapers.

luvtowearpampers said:
How is the absorbency compared to Goodnites?
As I can't fit into GoodNites, I'll subtlety bend your question and suggest that, overall, the protection is probably better (for you). Like virtually any adult product, the span of the padding is much larger than on GoodNites, so unless you're very small, you should find the Always Discreet less prone to gapping and leaking from the leg cuffs and elsewhere, even if the absorbency isn't a major improvement. I suspect they're more absorbent too, though.

If you're still curious about them at this point, it's probably a worthwhile experiment to just grab some.

oops neglected to see the details under your handle sorry luvtowearpampers was just commenting on your post. And was not bad mouthing a product just regurgitating Kimberely Clark's Depend Poise Commercial and I am pointing stuff out as a matter of fact. If this is drama to some sorry it was not my intention at all . I will leave it at that no further comment on this post from me again . Sorry

i got my wife a few bags of these, we started with the small size but now we buy the large size, the padding is thicker and noisier and more fun for us personally in the larger size. i like them on the wife the small size is cute but not much padding i like the extra padding and crinkle in the larger size. they are made by the same company as pampers and remind me slightly of wetting a underjam. absorbency is pretty good and i personally like the feeling of it wet. the design is cute enough, but the smell could be better(smells kind of like sleaning products to me).. i dont really want to wear them but i do like them on the ol lady, i think they are a pretty good product anyone can buy without anyone batting an eye..also i have been seeing them everywhere i go lately, dollar stores, walmart, ect...the wife can not make them leak in the large size even on a 4 hour car ride...

PaddedWife said:
i dont really want to wear them but i do like them on the ol lady

Ouch. That's a spankable offense right there. You're 25! How "ol" can she be? (Don't answer that!) Now, say "Hail Barney!" ten times and throw some powdered Enfamil over your left shoulder.

I'm looking into getting some of these for my girlfriend and I. She easily fits into a size L/XL Goodnites and I can barely fit into the goodnites. What size of these should I get? I'm a 33/34 waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back