Status
Not open for further replies.

littleabjames

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi I wanted to know what type of disposable bed mat is the best?

In my experience, the best kind of disposable bed mat are the Drynites bed mats. I'm not sure if there is an equivalent Goodnites product in parts of the world where Drynites are not available, but in Australia they're available in most supermarkets and some chemists now.

The advantage of these over other pads and mats you can get e.g. Depends mats is that Drynites mats are absorbent enough to cope with real bedwetting, whereas adult products tend to be designed just to catch leaks.

What do you mean by best?

Do you want it just to catch a few leaks? A full wetting? More than one?

How big do you need or want it to be? Is price a concern?

There are lots of choices.

I don't really use these much anymore since I went to better diapers at night. I would agree that the goodnites ones are the best I have tried. Most are close to absorbency of the worst cheap store made diapers otherwise. The nice thing with goodnites is they have a sticky backing that also allows the pad to not move around much. I noticed depends has some now, but I've never tried them.

You can throw down 15 bucks and get a nice washable one. I love mine!

goodnites bed mats are good but their are only 9 mats in a package

xtrabulk said:
You can throw down 15 bucks and get a nice washable one. I love mine!

This is what I did, especially since I am a heavy bed wetter. They work very well, they are fairly cheap and they pay for themselves. They tend to hold a lot too.

Realize that if you don't want your bed to smell like old urine, these disposable bed mats are only part of the solution. The other part is to wash all the rest of your bedding that came into contact with your soggy bottom half while you were rolling around in your sleep. With that in mind, I'm sort of skeptical as to their worth -- except on road trips, perhaps. At home, you'll want a fitted waterproof bottom sheet regardless. The disposable GoodNites mats are a little small for an adult, and I'd be uncomfortable relying on them to keep my mattress pee-free.

Cottontail said:
Realize that if you don't want your bed to smell like old urine, these disposable bed mats are only part of the solution. The other part is to wash all the rest of your bedding that came into contact with your soggy bottom half while you were rolling around in your sleep. With that in mind, I'm sort of skeptical as to their worth -- except on road trips, perhaps. At home, you'll want a fitted waterproof bottom sheet regardless. The disposable GoodNites mats are a little small for an adult, and I'd be uncomfortable relying on them to keep my mattress pee-free.

Isn't washing your bedding common sense though if you wet the bed regardless if you have a mat or not?

As for the GoodNites mats being too small, I don't think they are.

brabbit1987 said:
Isn't washing your bedding common sense though if you wet the bed regardless if you have a mat or not?

As for the GoodNites mats being too small, I don't think they are.
Regarding washing: I would think so, yes. My point is that, if you're going to be washing your bedding anyway, just toss your washable pad and/or bottom sheet into the laundry also -- no real compelling need for a disposable mat too, IMO. I think there's a misconception that these disposable bed mats somehow save you from doing laundry.

As for size, it obviously depends on you, but with my large frame and my tendency to roll and shift around, they wouldn't do much for me. We bought a pack for our youngest when traveling a couple of years ago, and they looked distinctly kid-sized, IIRC.

Cottontail said:
Regarding washing: I would think so, yes. My point is that, if you're going to be washing your bedding anyway, just toss your washable pad and/or bottom sheet into the laundry also -- no real compelling need for a disposable mat too, IMO. I think there's a misconception that these disposable bed mats somehow save you from doing laundry.

As for size, it obviously depends on you, but with my large frame and my tendency to roll and shift around, they wouldn't do much for me. We bought a pack for our youngest when traveling a couple of years ago, and they looked distinctly kid-sized, IIRC.

Oh .. ya you make very good points. Disposable pads do seem pointless when you put it that way lol. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back