Comfortable sleep position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desphiria

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
This might be a really small thread, but I was wondering. Do any of you guys sleep with a stuffed animal? I tried to last night but I just couldn't get comfortable. When I sleep I kinna toss and turn or lay on my side or on my stomach so I just placed her near the pillow. Do you guys have suggestions for sleep positions with stuffed animals?

Yeah. I generally sleep with a couple of small plushies, or a doll. I usually lay on my side, facing the wall, and put my arms around them, holding them into my chest. That way I can keep hold of them, they don't fall out of bed, and I find it a fairly comfortable position. It's worth trying lying on both sides. For some reason I don't feel terribly comfy facing right, but can quickly get snug lying facing my left. :)

I have one plushie between my knees, it is a cute robot pillow, guess he's more pillow than plushie really. And then I have a whole bunch of plushies with their backs against the wall, just in reach if I want a hug.
I used to have the IKEA heart in bed but he was such a pervert, I woke up in the middle of the night with his hand on my butt - then he was banned from the bed, I tell you!! But I still love him, he just cant help himself.

If you sleep on your side, cuddle the stuffed animal to your chest. You can also put it by your back and lean into it a little. If you sleep on your stomach set it next to you and throw an arm over it, or try leaning on it slightly. I don't ever sleep on my back, but you can try setting it on your stomach/chest area and then pulling the covers to cover you both.

One thing that can help a lot while sleeping on your side with a plushie is putting a pillow between your thighs/knees. Helps align the hips and legs right so it feels more comfy. Most of the time, I sleep on my side in a fetal position, curled up around my plushie (thus why I leak so much x-x).

Azie said:
One thing that can help a lot while sleeping on your side with a plushie is putting a pillow between your thighs/knees. Helps align the hips and legs right so it feels more comfy. Most of the time, I sleep on my side in a fetal position, curled up around my plushie (thus why I leak so much x-x).

Azie is right. Also, since I have a smaller waist, I put a pillow above my hips when I sleep on my side. And when I sleep on my stomach I put a pillow under my hips/waist/ribs area. The extra pillows make everything a lot more comfortable.

Oooohs, I like all these suggestions. I'll try them when I go to sleep tonight. *huggles everyones* Thankies so much! I'm open to more suggestions as well if anyone else has some. ^_^

I sleep mostly on my back, hugging my dolly friend, "Precious" close to my chest under my blankies.

After my first back surgery, I started sleeping on my back. I sleep with four plushies. My wife bought me a Stuffie for Christmas. Of course he's a dog. Anyway, I have a 2 foot teddy bear which I hug while I sleep. Sleeping with me or on me are Moose and Fluppy. They seem to stay nicely under the covers. Only once have I found one of them on the floor, and my dog left it alone. If it had been one of her toys, she would have shredded it to pieces.

I sleep on my side with them in my arms, I sleep with 2 but sometimes they go on the pillow when my dog and cat decide to cuddle up too

I sleep on my back, with my one armed, one legged doll "Baby George" on my chest. ( Yeah, he is a mess, just like me.):smile1:

well I have a bigger teddy bear I sleep with, I find that the bigger they are the more comfortable it is to sleep with your plushie, if their small its hard to hold them all night.i find that every night I sleep with my teddy buddy I get good sleep and I still have him in my arms when I wake up in the morning. I dunno it might have to do with his size and that I lie on my side when I sleep:)

I too sleep with a larger plushie, Mr Tootles, he's a bear. I sleep on my side and have trouble sleeping without hugging him close to my chest.

Azie said:

Hope your pillow has a waterproof cover!?:smile:

WBxx said:
Hope your pillow has a waterproof cover!?:smile:

Yes, everything has waterpoof coverings, even the couch when I fall asleep on it :p

Snugs my puppy lays to the left of my pillows. I'm a side sleeper and when I'm on my left side he sometimes
ends up being my pillow. Although I sleep mostly on my right side in the fetal position.

I sleep on my belly with a small husky plush and an equally small fox (Zeke and Jasmine). Sometimes I just hold them clutched to my chest/neck, other times I hold them there with my pillow (which I hug lengthwise). Always comfy, and it keeps them safe from my toy-eating dog.

When I sleep on my side I hug my plushies to my chest with the arm I'm not laying on and If I sleep on my stomach I use one of my arms so that she is right beside me while I go to sleep. Finally if I sleep on my back I use one or both of the arms to cuddle with them.

I generally sleep on my stomach with my larger plushie wolf on the left legs facing away from my body. I'll put a hand around it and hold on to one of the legs. Smaller plushies on the other side I vary and usually hold one by a leg, tail, or just put a hand on its head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back