Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfortable sleep position

Default Comfortable sleep position

This might be a really small thread, but I was wondering. Do any of you guys sleep with a stuffed animal? I tried to last night but I just couldn't get comfortable. When I sleep I kinna toss and turn or lay on my side or on my stomach so I just placed her near the pillow. Do you guys have suggestions for sleep positions with stuffed animals?

Yeah. I generally sleep with a couple of small plushies, or a doll. I usually lay on my side, facing the wall, and put my arms around them, holding them into my chest. That way I can keep hold of them, they don't fall out of bed, and I find it a fairly comfortable position. It's worth trying lying on both sides. For some reason I don't feel terribly comfy facing right, but can quickly get snug lying facing my left.

I have one plushie between my knees, it is a cute robot pillow, guess he's more pillow than plushie really. And then I have a whole bunch of plushies with their backs against the wall, just in reach if I want a hug.
    I used to have the IKEA heart in bed but he was such a pervert, I woke up in the middle of the night with his hand on my butt - then he was banned from the bed, I tell you!! But I still love him, he just cant help himself.

If you sleep on your side, cuddle the stuffed animal to your chest. You can also put it by your back and lean into it a little. If you sleep on your stomach set it next to you and throw an arm over it, or try leaning on it slightly. I don't ever sleep on my back, but you can try setting it on your stomach/chest area and then pulling the covers to cover you both.

One thing that can help a lot while sleeping on your side with a plushie is putting a pillow between your thighs/knees. Helps align the hips and legs right so it feels more comfy. Most of the time, I sleep on my side in a fetal position, curled up around my plushie (thus why I leak so much x-x).

Quote Originally Posted by Azie View Post
    One thing that can help a lot while sleeping on your side with a plushie is putting a pillow between your thighs/knees. Helps align the hips and legs right so it feels more comfy. Most of the time, I sleep on my side in a fetal position, curled up around my plushie (thus why I leak so much x-x).
    Azie is right. Also, since I have a smaller waist, I put a pillow above my hips when I sleep on my side. And when I sleep on my stomach I put a pillow under my hips/waist/ribs area. The extra pillows make everything a lot more comfortable.

Oooohs, I like all these suggestions. I'll try them when I go to sleep tonight. *huggles everyones* Thankies so much! I'm open to more suggestions as well if anyone else has some. ^_^

I sleep mostly on my back, hugging my dolly friend, "Precious" close to my chest under my blankies.

After my first back surgery, I started sleeping on my back. I sleep with four plushies. My wife bought me a Stuffie for Christmas. Of course he's a dog. Anyway, I have a 2 foot teddy bear which I hug while I sleep. Sleeping with me or on me are Moose and Fluppy. They seem to stay nicely under the covers. Only once have I found one of them on the floor, and my dog left it alone. If it had been one of her toys, she would have shredded it to pieces.

I sleep on my side with them in my arms, I sleep with 2 but sometimes they go on the pillow when my dog and cat decide to cuddle up too