Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: aB vs Little?

Question aB vs Little?

Hi,
    I so I'm trying to figure out where I fit and I got a bit confused on terms logo and all so I looked for a threD on it but I couldn't find one this so I thought I might ask I hope that's ok,

I think I have a pretty good idea what an adult baby is, but I'm less sure about what a little is, could someone please clearify that?

How would you define an AB and how would you define a little?

What is the difference between the two? Is there on?

If so how do you figure out or know wich one you are?

Thank you im sorry these are so direct or come off as rude, I'm not meaning to offend any one if I do im really really sorry,

Although I am also new to this, my understanding is that an AB is a type of Little that is focused on "baby" age. Someone who pictures themselves as slightly older might more accurately be called an Adult Toddler. Even older might be an Adult Kid. "Little" is a general term that includes all of these things.

Some people also use the term AB in a more general sense to include all of these as well.

I hope this is helpful. Keep in mind that labels are not the most important thing. Being comfortable with your true self is where it is at. Hopefully these forums can help you with accomplishing that.

In general, Adult Babies and Littles are just labels for a strong desire to behave at an early age, typically with the clothing, props and toys of an infant or toddler. The older more academic term is infantilists. See http://understanding.infantilism.org/

Some people might see Littles or Age Players engaging in this activity purely for sexual pleasure whereas Adult Babies doing it for emotional security. I personally think there are as many variations of Adult Babies as there are Adult Babies. Some may be motivated for sexual reasons, some purely emotional and others both. For that reason I think the terms Adult Baby and Little are synonymous. These are just labels for a wide range or behaviors, which some are comfortable with and others are not.

Sometimes the two terms are used interchangeably, but some people within our community differentiate the terms by using 'Little' for anyone who identifies their 'little age' as, say, 2+ years old and 'Adult Baby' for those who generally enjoy activities, behaviours and accessories that young toddlers and/or infants would.

Well for me, the definition of a Little is someone who has a childish personality that they can't block out or make go away. Like a kind of split personality but they're still the same person. If that even makes sense. That's how I tried to explain it anyways.

Thank you this pretty much makes sense, I sort of range, I love sippy cups, pacifiers, infant toys, I also tend to be into older kid stuff too amd I go back and forth on the diapers, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them , I think I will. Like them a lot more when I loose some weight, as finding ones that fit at my current weight is pretty challenging, one day I hope to fit into 7t pull upa, but over all I perfer a sort of mix of things

The reason I asked during registration it asked you to select from a list and adult baby and little we're seperate so I wasn't sure which so I pcked both.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentlySpeaking View Post
    Thank you this pretty much makes sense, I sort of range, I love sippy cups, pacifiers, infant toys, I also tend to be into older kid stuff too amd I go back and forth on the diapers, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them , I think I will. Like them a lot more when I loose some weight, as finding ones that fit at my current weight is pretty challenging, one day I hope to fit into 7t pull upa, but over all I perfer a sort of mix of things

The reason I asked during registration it asked you to select from a list and adult baby and little we're seperate so I wasn't sure which so I pcked both.
    I think some AB's are Littles too so it's not too far in-between I think. But don't take my word for it. XS

I call myself an AB and a little, as the age I identify with is close to 7, but I enjoy using baby items.

I'll admit: I mostly see "Little" as a vain attempt to dodge some perceived AB/DL stigma or stereotype. At best, it's splitting hairs. When asked what our age-play ages are, it seems most of the ABs among us actually prefer to be toddlers or late-training "kids." So the B in AB is, in practice, quite a few things; it doesn't really mean Baby.

Similarly, a bunch of DLs here will claim no sexual affinity for diapers at all, so what's the L stand for? Who cares. A DL is somebody who wears diapers for pleasure. Do we need another term? We do not.

Community happens when people find the things they have in common, not when they highlight and label trivial differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I'll admit: I mostly see "Little" as a vain attempt to dodge some perceived AB/DL stigma or stereotype. At best, it's splitting hairs. When asked what our age-play ages are, it seems most of the ABs among us actually prefer to be toddlers or late-training "kids." So the B in AB is, in practice, quite a few things; it doesn't really mean Baby.

Similarly, a bunch of DLs here will claim no sexual affinity for diapers at all, so what's the L stand for? Who cares. A DL is somebody who wears diapers for pleasure. Do we need another term? We do not.

Community happens when people find the things they have in common, not when they highlight and label trivial differences.
    I. Sorry I didn't mean to cause a divide or upset anyone I was mostly just confused because registration had them as seperat options so I thought that meant their might debt a difference or things the community chose to veiw as diffrent segments, I'm really sorry