Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to fix a broken diaper tab.

Default How to fix a broken diaper tab.

Hello. I'm Lorica. And here's a step-by-step on how to fix a broken diaper tab. Or even a tab that's lost it's stickum. I'm not a big fan of posting pictures of my groin on the web, nobody wants to see that, so my table will have to do for this tutorial.

STEP ONE: Don't panic.

It's not the end of the world. This can be remedied with our trusty sidekick: Duct Tape!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brokentape.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	22956

STEP TWO: Arm yourself for battle!

Cut yourself one 4 inch piece of tape, and one 8 inch piece of tape. Duct tape is best. Any tape of sufficient stickiness will suffice if duct tape is not available.

Name:	Supplies.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	22957

STEP THREE: Begin reconstruction.

Stick the first bit to the inside of the wing so two inches of stickum is facing out away from your body.

Name:	Insidetape.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	22958

STEP FOUR: Continue reconstruction.

It should look like this from the outside looking in.

Name:	Flipside.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	22959

STEP FIVE: Finish emergency repairs.

Place the 8 inch piece of tape over the inner piece so the two sticky sides are stuck together and the broken tape tab is sandwiched in the middle between the two.

Name:	Outsideflip.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	22960

STEP SIX: Catastrophic Disaster expertly avoided!

Now just restick the tape over where you had it before the misfortunate malfunction!

Name:	Fixedtab.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	22961

Tada! Duct tape and science to the rescue!

With premium diapers being as pricey as they are, a broken tab should never be a reason to sacrifice a perfectly good diaper.

This seems like an already used idea, don't need pictures just to put duct tape on a broken tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    This seems like an already used idea, don't need pictures just to put duct tape on a broken tab.
    Sure thing. Thanks for the feedback.

Although there are others here that may not have acquired our level of skill yet, so I thought a nice little tutorial might be nice for the newbies. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
    Sure thing. Thanks for the feedback.

Although there are others here that may not have acquired our level of skill yet, so I thought a nice little tutorial might be nice for the newbies. Cheers!
    O_o I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to put duct tape on a diaper, it's kinda like you know how to eat with a fork rather than using a spoon.

Yup duct tape saved me a ton of diapers, especially since I use cheap brand from Wal-Mart (they are there only to catch leaks from GoodNites so the capacity and brand doesn't really matter there even the most basic adult diaper can at least catch a leak), their latest versions are horrible, I would say at least 1 on 4 of the diapers have a tape that break from the fabric, guess they changed their design to cheaper materials. But I don't go that fancy, I simply use duct tape instead of the tab, quicker and a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy
    O_o I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to put duct tape on a diaper, it's kinda like you know how to eat with a fork rather than using a spoon.
    WAIT!! you mean the fork has a use!

ROFL jk

But yea I've used tape on quite a few diapers before.

Quote Originally Posted by computerProgrammer View Post
    WAIT!! you mean the fork has a use!
    There is always use for forks in the world.

I agree that the taping thing is intuitive, but the strategic approach and the illustrations are still nice. My own preference -- on those mercifully rare occasions when it's been necessary -- has been for clear packing tape, as it doesn't spoil the appearance of the diaper quite as much. Putting duct tape on a diaper is sort of like sewing a plaid patch over a hole in your blue jeans. Although, if you like those particular accents, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I agree that the taping thing is intuitive, but the strategic approach and the illustrations are still nice. My own preference -- on those mercifully rare occasions when it's been necessary -- has been for clear packing tape, as it doesn't spoil the appearance of the diaper quite as much. Putting duct tape on a diaper is sort of like sewing a plaid patch over a hole in your blue jeans. Although, if you like those particular accents, go for it.
    Agreed, but it's nearly impossible to take a good picture of clear packing tape. Typically I use white duct tape, but you can't tell which side is sticky.

Next time I'll use Hello Kitty duct tape... sound fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
    Agreed, but it's nearly impossible to take a good picture of clear packing tape. Typically I use white duct tape, but you can't tell which side is sticky.

Next time I'll use Hello Kitty duct tape... sound fair?
    Sure! I mean, in that case, you should just replace all the tabs. The end result will be a huge improvement.