Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old school thrash metal

You call that old-school? Try the arrangements Bloch wrote. He didn't write any for this type of music so ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    Megadeth > Metallica. All you need to know.
    pft, what EVER!

Dave Mustaine got booted for a reason. He Suxorz!

j/k for real, I like Megadeth but Metallica (umm, pre-sucky St. Anger and Death Magnetic) is the altar of the church of metal :punk:

I have Anthrax's Persistence of time album (Got the time is a classic) and Slayer's Reign in blood album (I think im gonna get God hates us all and Seasons in the abyss next) on my mp3 player.

I also got Death Magnetic, which is a damn good album (I love The Unforgiven III and My Apocalypse).

Lil Snap: St. Anger isn't as bad as everyone says IMO. The only gripe I have with it is the vocals, but I like its raw sound and Lar's snare is pretty cool (even though all you really do is turn the snare off lol). Death Magnetic is definitely a step in the right direction to their roots though.

Megadeth is alright, they're definitely not as hard as the other 3 of the big 4 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Megadeth is alright, they're definitely not as hard as the other 3 of the big 4 though.
    Lol, wut? Good Mourning / Black Friday. That's as hard as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    Lol, wut? Good Mourning / Black Friday. That's as hard as it gets.
    I mean overall, not just a select few songs.

Then again I don't know as much about Megadeth as I do the others so take that with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Yeah that song is pretty damn heavy but I still have yet to hear anything harder than the Reign in blood album. I actually like that song though, might listen to some more Megadeth now lol.

I'm personally glad that they kicked Dave Mustaine out. I'm not here to say Metallica sucks, because they don't, but I definitely think that Megadeth is a better band. Metallica is a pretty easy sound to mimic, the playing style, vocals and all. But Megadeth is a very unique band. I have yet to find a band that sounds like them. A lot of people are put off by Megadeth's vocals, but I like them. I see Megadeth as a breath of fresh air to the hard rock/metal universe.

PanterA is the greatest thrash metal band. i have yet to find a band that can do metal better than them. R.I.P "dimebag" Darrell Abbot

Metallica was good up until load. then it just changed it started to sound like everything else out there. I think if cliff were still alive he would disaprove of the way the band is going.

megadeath and slayer I have listend to them but not enough to build a good enough opinon on them