Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are real cloth diapers so comfy ?

Default Why are real cloth diapers so comfy ?

Does any one else know why real cloth diapers of any type are so comfy ?
    At the moment i'm wearing a baby kins extra padded Aio and it's so comfy also I've worn terry towelling sheet diapers and they are as well

I'd say it's subjective. They're bulky but all things being equal, I prefer disposables the vast majority of the time. So I think you find them so comfy for the same reason I like disposables and the reason most people would look at both of us as if we had a screw loose.

I grew up with disposable diapers and I prefer disposable diapers. I've used cloth diapers as well and I love them as well. The one thing about cloth diapers that I love is that the padding doesn't fall apart or shift.

i grew up with cloth diapers, but was out of them WAY too soon for my own liking. - Back in those days, laundering diapers was quite a "labor of Love" and most parents wanted their kids out of them as soon as possible, for obvious reasons. - But as a caretaker, this is a great way to really "spoil" a partner by showing that You really enjoy this "labor of Love" for them, or to "spoil" Yourself with this luxurious comfort. - Cloth diapers wick and hold moisture very well, and they feel immensely comfortable against the skin. - i Love babykins, Angelfluff, and "Loving Comfort" cloth diapers -

Gauze cloth diapers are very soft and feel good against "things". I did order some birdseye cloth diapers that turned out to be a little scratchy. I've washed them many times, but they haven't softened up very much. I only wear them during the day when I know I'll be changing out of them into the night weight gauze.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Gauze cloth diapers are very soft and feel good against "things". I did order some birdseye cloth diapers that turned out to be a little scratchy. I've washed them many times, but they haven't softened up very much. I only wear them during the day when I know I'll be changing out of them into the night weight gauze.
    You must be doing it wrong , what type washing powder do you use and how do you dry them ?.
    I use a non bio (fairy in uk ) and tumble dry them

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy
    I did order some birdseye cloth diapers that turned out to be a little scratchy. I've washed them many times, but they haven't softened up very much.

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    You must be doing it wrong , what type washing powder do you use and how do you dry them ?.
    I use a non bio (fairy in uk ) and tumble dry them
    There seem to be a few birdseye diaper fabrics out there, but the birdseye diapers I got from Baby Pants were rather un-soft. Like dogboy, I washed and washed them, hoping the texture would become more pleasing, but it never did. In defense of Baby Pants, though, I have some of their twill diapers as well as some of their training pants, and those things are awesome. I'm not a birdseye fan, though. Or not a fan of the Baby Pants kind, anyway.

For a long time, you used to be able to buy Gerber-brand birdseye prefolds in Babies 'R' Us and department stores. They're less common now. Years ago, I bought a bag of these and found them to be quite soft and squishy, so I don't know. I think the weave as well as the yarns themselves were more open and airy.

Back on topic: I love the feel of cloth diapers -- of pinned-on prefolds, especially. I don't know if I'd call the feeling "comfy" so much as I would call it "diapery." I always know when I'm wearing a diaper -- which I like. My underwear is very comfy, but rather boring.

Cotton tail = i brought mine off UK Amazon from a company that makes baby diapers as well so propper stuff

I love the feel of my twill prefolds. I'm in a soaked one now and it still feels nice an comfy and warm.
    I'm glad also to see some sunshiny weather so I can hang my diapers out side to dry.

For a bit of context here, I grew up in cloth diapers.

That aside, my fantasies always involved disposables--because I liked their appearance more, and to this day I still think of baby disposables when I think of "diapers".

However, I have yet to really find a disposable that has met those expectations--so I've resorted to making my own cloth diapers, such that they appear/feel like disposables but are sized to fit/appear correctly. Plus, I can make them thicker if I want to. Are they comfy? Yes, but it's not because they are made of cloth--it's because they meet my expectations of what a diaper is supposed to feel like.

So, I suppose for me the style of the diaper matters more than what material it is made out of. Cloth diapers just-so-happen to offer more flexibility in terms of style and thickness.