So It Has been 1 week out of the Diaper Closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowYellow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So ya it feels totally liberating, knowing that I choose to wear my diapers (loudly and proudly).
I came out to my mom, who I am living with at the present moment, dad isn't in the picture. So now I wear pretty much whenever I want, even when my mom is home. Anyone else have any good or bad experiences coming out of the "Diaper Closet" with friends or family, let me know :D

P.S. I still haven't peed in front of her yet, it's going to be odd i know it :wallbash:

Hey, I'm really pleased for you that you're able to be open with your mum and she's accepting of you! :)

Just be really careful not to over do it! A lot of people are great with knowing things in theory, but don't like it happening in front of them. (E.g. I know my parents had sex, but as far as I'm concerned it was once and only once to make me. I wouldn't be so happy if they did it in front of me!)

Congrats! That's awesome it worked out for you. I could imagine how liberating this must be...like a weight is gone. I'm still building myself up to my first coming out so its reassuring to see that positive outcomes do happen.
As far as wetting around her; remember she probably won't even know unless you make faces lol. There's also a good chance she assumes you use them. Still though, I can understand how it'd still be awkward. I'm 28 and in a similar situation so I totally feel your excitement.

Telling someone is like taking you're relationship with them calling heads and flipping a coin. Ok, well maybe not that 50:50 but still, there is allot of risk involved. And it's not to be taken lightly. I'm glad things worked out for you, but I hope others reading this are aware of the risks.

Last edited:
computerProgrammer said:
Telling someone is like taking you're relationship with them calling heads and flipping a coin. Ok, well maybe not that 50:50 but still, there is allot of risk involved. And it's not to be taken lightly. I'm glad things worked out for you, but I hope others reading this are aware of the risks.

You may wanna use this link "https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/91627-I-came-out-and-my-mom-blew-up"

As your link takes directly to my post about me saying something to duality.

Snivy said:
You may wanna use this link "https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/91627-I-came-out-and-my-mom-blew-up"

As your link takes directly to my post about me saying something to duality.

Ah, sorry it's skipping down to last part of page I read lol.. fixed.

I came out to my wife in March of 2008, and it worked out well for me. I wear when I want and when it's practical. But wives are different from parents. Wives assume their husbands are somewhat crazy. Parents, on the other hand, want their kids to be healthy, including mental health. Asking them to accept wearing diapers is a tall order, so as others have said, I would go slowly. Don't overload her sensibilities. She is your mom and she loves you.

BenzyD said:
Congrats! That's awesome it worked out for you. I could imagine how liberating this must be...like a weight is gone. I'm still building myself up to my first coming out so its reassuring to see that positive outcomes do happen.
As far as wetting around her; remember she probably won't even know unless you make faces lol. There's also a good chance she assumes you use them. Still though, I can understand how it'd still be awkward. I'm 28 and in a similar situation so I totally feel your excitement.

As far as I know I don't make wetting faces lol. And I told her I use my diapers and had to make clear that I won't have any bowel movements in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Talula said:
Hey, I'm really pleased for you that you're able to be open with your mum and she's accepting of you! :)

Just be really careful not to over do it! A lot of people are great with knowing things in theory, but don't like it happening in front of them. (E.g. I know my parents had sex, but as far as I'm concerned it was once and only once to make me. I wouldn't be so happy if they did it in front of me!)

My mom doesn't know that its sexual she just thinks I like to wear and wet. But ya I wouldn't want to know details about my mom's sex life.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
I came out to my wife in March of 2008, and it worked out well for me. I wear when I want and when it's practical. But wives are different from parents. Wives assume their husbands are somewhat crazy. Parents, on the other hand, want their kids to be healthy, including mental health. Asking them to accept wearing diapers is a tall order, so as others have said, I would go slowly. Don't overload her sensibilities. She is your mom and she loves you.

I'm glad your wife is accepting of your lifestyle, and ya it's different than telling a parent, thanks for your reply

I'd take it easy before being so open about wearing diapers. Taking into consideration your age and the fact you're living with your mother, it might not be appropriate. She may know about it and accept it, sure. But there's no telling how she will feel if you're walking around crinkling loudly all the time. It might make her feel awkward or uncertain. My parents know about my secret but that doesn't mean will wear around them in a way where they can immediately know I'm wearing. It is your personal, intimate hobby and needs to remain discreet, whether she knows about it or not. Be considerate about her feelings before your own, especially if you're in her house.

jeremyi said:
I'd take it easy before being so open about wearing diapers. Taking into consideration your age and the fact you're living with your mother, it might not be appropriate. She may know about it and accept it, sure. But there's no telling how she will feel if you're walking around crinkling loudly all the time. It might make her feel awkward or uncertain. My parents know about my secret but that doesn't mean will wear around them in a way where they can immediately know I'm wearing. It is your personal, intimate hobby and needs to remain discreet, whether she knows about it or not. Be considerate about her feelings before your own, especially if you're in her house.

I agree but I do pay half rent, and I don't flaunt it, I haven't even mentioned the word since I told her and it's been over a week. She's just happy that I don't turn to drugs or alcohol, I used pot for 13 years and E for 3 years, so now that has been cleared up diapers don't seem that destructive of a habit

I agree. Compared to drug use, diapers are a much less harmful and safe "habit." Good on you for opening up and good luck in the future! Keep us posted!

That's definitely a good change. Congrats on kicking your other habits - it's good to have a clear mind :biggrin:

Good luck on your ease of wearing too.

jeremyi said:
That's definitely a good change. Congrats on kicking your other habits - it's good to have a clear mind :biggrin:

Good luck on your ease of wearing too.

Ya I've been clean off E for 6 years now, quit smoking weed 4 months ago, and cigarettes 10 months ago. And I agree clear mind, and clear lungs :p

MellowYellow said:
I agree but I do pay half rent, and I don't flaunt it, I haven't even mentioned the word since I told her and it's been over a week. She's just happy that I don't turn to drugs or alcohol, I used pot for 13 years and E for 3 years, so now that has been cleared up diapers don't seem that destructive of a habit

I'm sure it's cheaper as well.

It's always good policy to be gracious.

I'm happy that your mother is as accepting as she is, that's probably the best possible reaction someone could get.

I told my grandmother a few years ago, and she accepted it, but wouldn't buy me anything, my brother dosn't know and I want to keep it, that way.

Don't be too outgoing with it. Do you really know how your mom really feels about it? I would say keep it to yourself and don't make it obvious around her because that would be disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back