Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Misleading nappy sizes.

Lozza1979

Default Misleading nappy sizes.

Hi

Is it me or are some nappy size specifications wrong? For example I bought some attends regular plus 10 medium which are supposed to be size 80-115cm waist size.My waist size is exactly 100cm, but they were so small they didn't fit and I had to get rid of them.I also had the same issue with a couple of other brands.The medium size just barely fit and were too tight for the most part and the large size were too big.I double checked they sent the right size.

I really want to order some aww so cute but the medium size is 110cm and I'm worried I will order them and they wont fit despite the size description as they're expensive.

Anyone else find this issue?

I find diaper sizes are unreliable at the edges, particularly if there's anything unusual about one's body type. In specific regard to the AwwSoCutes, they're nearly identical to Bambinos in their dimensions if that helps. I see people saying Bambinos skew a little smaller than average. I generally just buy both or a sample pack if I don't know but I can see where the expense could put a damper on that in this case.

Ironically I just went through that same problem recently myself. I got some free samples of Unique Wellness Superio's (these are not the regular kind). Well I asked for extra large because their large size had a max waist of 46" and my waist is 48". Well the extra large diapers are ironically to big for even me apparently. I am 6'6" tall and weigh 250 pounds I am surprised that there is a diaper out there that is actually to big for me. I am lucky as this was only a free sample and I am sure the large size will fit but I am concerned about getting another sample to make sure those fit. Honestly I am thinking it's not worth the risk so I don't think I will try them out in large size at all because of this.

Some diaper sizes definitely are misleading. For people under 5 inches of the actual diaper size, yet they can fit in perfectly.

Waist sizes just aren't enough to go by, and with disposables, that's often the only measurement given. Makers of cloth diapers seem to "get it" in this regard, and tend to be good about providing all the interesting dimensions. Of course, with cloth, the try-it-and-see approach to sizing can easily be much more expensive if you're careless.

Despite that many "medium" disposables claim to fit waists up to 40", my 38" waist is not among them. That's because the rise of these diapers is often inadequate to clear my hips, so while I can sometimes tape the diapers on, they fall right down.

Definitely take advantage of samples before graduating to cases!

If you're after better dimensions for nappies, try the Diaper Review forum. I think there's an Aww So Cute review here, which has more details on the dimensions.

I find this too, I mostly use size medium but can think of a few of brands which the mediums are not big enough.

Comficare and Seni are a coupe that spring to mind. I have never tried a Seni in large but have a supply of Comficare which seem to fit half way between, for example, Tena Slip medium and large.

Must get round to putting the medium Comficare that I have on eBay as they are uncomfortably tight and would better suit someone a little slimmer than myself.

Not sure if it applies to the OP, who's somewhere that sizes are likely less exaggerated and in metric. I've discovered, though, that using one's pants size in the U.S. means one is thinking they're smaller than they are. I comfortably wear 38" pants (I've gotten fat!), but if I actually put a tape measure around my waist, I'm more like 41". Proper trousers, suit pants, and old pants that were cut much closer to actual size are tight on me if they're 38", but modern chinos fit me just fine.

Coincidentally, I don't really fit into medium Abenas that well, although 38" would suggest I'd be at the upper bounds of that size. I do fit into medium Dry 24/7s, though, since they're cut much bigger. Who knows, maybe I'm finally fat enough to actually get a decent fit with Bambinos now!

Yes this is annoying but luckily I don't have to worry about it because my hip size is small enough I don't have to worry about misleading medium sizes. I had an experience though that I ordered a Wellness brief sample and it said I would nee a size large due to my hip size so I got a large based on the measurements for the sizes. But the diaper was too big so I ordered a Medium sample and it fit perfect. Every time I see a larger size starting with my hip size, I always go with medium knowing they will fit but I would do a sample first just to be sure. Aww So Cute does samples now but ten bucks USD per sample I think. But since you are from England, you guys do pounds so think of only paying half price for it.

I still order samples for mediums though when the measurements don't say 32-44 but say something like 28-38. I have to be sure they fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by accepted View Post
    Ironically I just went through that same problem recently myself. I got some free samples of Unique Wellness Superio's (these are not the regular kind). Well I asked for extra large because their large size had a max waist of 46" and my waist is 48". Well the extra large diapers are ironically to big for even me apparently. I am 6'6" tall and weigh 250 pounds I am surprised that there is a diaper out there that is actually to big for me. I am lucky as this was only a free sample and I am sure the large size will fit but I am concerned about getting another sample to make sure those fit. Honestly I am thinking it's not worth the risk so I don't think I will try them out in large size at all because of this.
    I got another sample from them when I got a large and I just wrote in my comment the large was too big so I am trying a new size down. They still send me another sample. After all a sample is for to see what size fits you best.

I'm guessing you live in Europe if you're purchasing Attends 10 Regular Plus. My suggestion would be to buy Bambinos rather than AwwSoCutes if you are to get your money's worth. AwwSoCutes don't have the best quality -- they tend to hold less than Bambinos and the tabs break apart over time. They are also more expensive. Both diaper brands are produced on the same machine but Bambino uses better materials and offers better pricing.

As for size comparison, have you ever tried Comficares or Fabines? Those are sold remotely in Europe and are also produced on the same machine - therefore all 4 of these diapers have the same dimensions and fit.