Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pushing for new type of pull up

wmd1982

Default pushing for new type of pull up

Ok I have been in contact with Adam from north shore. I was asking him if he could make a pull up out of his cloth back diapers. I just want to know how many out there would like to see a quality pull up that is just like a diaper but is a pull up instead of these granny pantie style pull up for adults. And how many of you would order them if they was top notch quality. Just wanting to get a feel for what everyone wants to see. Please jump in. Also he said that the cost to make such a pull up is very high I really want to see him be able to make pull up diapers so any ideas how to help again jump in the conversation

The big problem here is how much adult pull-ups need to stretch. Just look at the S/M Always Discreet pull-ups that just came out. They cover waist sizes 28-40". That's one size, and it needs to stretch 12" -- or more, given women's curvy hips. Now consider that, between ages 2 and 12, a child's hip circumference grows about 10" on average, and yet there are five sizes of pull-ups for that age group (Pull-Ups 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T, GoodNites S/M, L/XL).

The adult diaper market has basically been whittled down to "two sizes fit all." The flat, Huggies-style elastic just isn't stretchy enough for that. To use that stuff, I'm pretty sure they'd have to add a bunch more diaper sizes, and good luck with that!

But I do sympathize. I don't care much for pull-ups myself, but I'd like to see elastic wings on adult diapers. That's a change that seems a bit more doable given that tape positions aren't fixed.

wmd1982

Ok I understand what u are saying and I get it I am hoping that someone will come up with something that is more like a diaper though. They could take the briefs they have now and add the stretchy side to it I would like to see with the padding that a brief has instead of the square pad

wmd1982

Anyone else want to weigh in on this

I need something cloth-like-backed that protects, and comes off, like a diaper, but goes on like a pull-up. I only have one working hand, and I can't walk, so I boost them on while seated.

My issue with most pull on diapers is the padding does not go high enough in the front. They all seem to be made for women or men that can no longer get an erection.

Quote Originally Posted by DLScottsman View Post
    My issue with most pull on diapers is the padding does not go high enough in the front. They all seem to be made for women or men that can no longer get an erection.
    I'll second this. I have yet to find a pull up diaper that can deal with sexually functional male anatomy. But I'd sure like to find one someday.

wmd1982

Well hopefully northshore will come through for us and develop the pull up that is more diapered based.. last time I spoke with Adam tthey was looking at some different options for there pull ups to make them better. I suggested that the make elastic tabs on their air briefs since he couldn't afford the machine to make goodnite style or huggies style pull ups just add the elastic and that would help too

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    The big problem here is how much adult pull-ups need to stretch. Just look at the S/M Always Discreet pull-ups that just came out. They cover waist sizes 28-40". That's one size, and it needs to stretch 12" -- or more, given women's curvy hips. Now consider that, between ages 2 and 12, a child's hip circumference grows about 10" on average, and yet there are five sizes of pull-ups for that age group (Pull-Ups 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T, GoodNites S/M, L/XL).

The adult diaper market has basically been whittled down to "two sizes fit all." The flat, Huggies-style elastic just isn't stretchy enough for that. To use that stuff, I'm pretty sure they'd have to add a bunch more diaper sizes, and good luck with that!

But I do sympathize. I don't care much for pull-ups myself, but I'd like to see elastic wings on adult diapers. That's a change that seems a bit more doable given that tape positions aren't fixed.
    Yeah, so far the only real solution I've seen to that issue is the Depends Adjustable Underwear. They are basically a hybrid of pullup and diaper. You basically pull them up, and then they have the tapes that can help you adjust them to the most ideal fit that you can get. It is a shame though that are pretty much useless for every other function that a diaper is supposed to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by DLScottsman View Post
    indeed i have checked out a Japanese Pull up that with padding goes high in the front.