• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Greetings all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Just saying hello everyone, (pre-post edit: this got a bit longer that I thought :sweatdrop:)

I tend to avoid joining ab/dl related sites as I've never really felt the need to share this side of me. I have been reading quite a few posts here the last couple of days and there seems to be a nice community and some rather more decent folk than I've seen elsewhere so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I'm a bit of a tech nerd and spend quite a bit of my free time locked in a video game, minecraft being one that I just can't seem to shake off (stems from my lego days to which I have great boxes of.) Also a huge sci-fi fan whether it's books (dune, pern, foundation etc.) or tv and film (firefly, SG1/Atlantis, red dwarf, star trek, BG...)

I like to paint miniature models especially Games Workshop but don't really play the game. I also play guitar and piano a little but generally only for myself or close friends/family, I play and listen to all kinds of music except rap mostly old rock, love me a bit of floyd/zappa/zeppelin/dire straits that list just goes on and on.

Onto the less important part. I've had a fascination with nappies/diapers since I was about 10 but it wasn't untill I was about 15 that I actually got the courage to buy some. I wore them rarely and then stopped after a year, worried that I was a bit of a freak, then aged about 19/20 I stumbled across an abdl site and, learning more about it and that I wasn't alone I started wearing again I'm now quite comfortable with my desires.

I would consider myself DL not AB however I own several paci's 2 bottles and a few onesies and am getting closer to finding my little side, would like to experiment a bit more there but living with people who don't know makes it difficult.

Anyway that's me in a nutshell, looking forward to making new friends.

Hello Belarin and welcome to the group.

This is a very nice introduction.

Again welcome to the group.

Also, welcome. I think you'll enjoy this site as we discuss more things than just diapers. Sometimes we get intense, but we try to be polite to one another. The best part of this site is that we are a support group, and that sometimes helps each other in important ways.

This is a very polite group of people - jump right in

Welcome to the forum, Hope you have fun.
And nice introduction.

A super long hello is my favorite kinda hello. Thanks for giving us a little snapshot of yourself! I can say without a doubt that I'm happy you've joined. Welcome!

Oooh, Foundation. Excuse me as I glance over my well worn copy of the trilogy sitting on the other side of the room. You're offically pretty cool too. Yep, all you have to do us mention you've read that, That's all I need, yup yup.

I hope that if you want to and enjoy expressing an AB side you get more pivacy and time to figure that out soon. Not that it's a problem to just be a DL. I think. I don't think you got cooties. You know, other then boy cooties. You can't do anything about those though, hehe. ^_^

Thanks for the warm welcome :biggrin:

dogboy said:
we discuss more things than just diapers. Sometimes we get intense, but we try to be polite to one another.

That's a lot of the reason I decided to join I don't mind the odd diaper talk it is an AB/DL/IC forum after all but when I look at other forums and every other topic is someone talking about how full their diaper is or what they're wearing it puts me off.

Also in a debate/discussion intense can be very good as long as it stays polite and all parties accept that other's idea's can be equally as valid even if they differ completly. I've just read through "Identifying as the opposite gender?" thread so I think I see what you mean good debate going on there. Might be a little bit before I'm confident enough to chime in on something though.

Arietta said:
Oooh, Foundation. Excuse me as I glance over my well worn copy of the trilogy sitting on the other side of the room. You're offically pretty cool too. Yep, all you have to do us mention you've read that, That's all I need, yup yup.

Well worn... you want to see mine it's ancient the pages are practically dust held together by the memory of words. I really enjoyed that series though, the first time I read it I was about 13 and didn't really understand a lot of the political side. sadly I'm missing 3 books out of the 7, read them all but need prelude, forward and foundation and earth for the collection.

Arietta said:
I hope that if you want to and enjoy expressing an AB side you get more pivacy and time to figure that out soon. Not that it's a problem to just be a DL. I think. I don't think you got cooties. You know, other then boy cooties. You can't do anything about those though, hehe. ^_^

I was sure there was a spray you could get to be rid of cooties :D
Yeah I hope so too, difficulty is though (this may seem odd at my age) I still live at home with my (real) mum, also my sister recently split with her partner and has moved back in with my 7 year old niece until she can get her own place so the house is full of people who don't know. I reckon they'd accept it if I told them, they are very understanding, but I don't feel any need to (except that I want to get some baby print cloth diapers and it would be easier to wash&dry them if they did).

Belarin said:
I was sure there was a spray you could get to be rid of cooties :D

It's like.. only a temporary measure. Kinda like hand sanitize. It gets rid of surface level cooties, but the soul of a boy constantly sprouts them out in intervals.

Well worn... you want to see mine it's ancient the pages are practically dust held together by the memory of words. I really enjoyed that series though, the first time I read it I was about 13 and didn't really understand a lot of the political side. sadly I'm missing 3 books out of the 7, read them all but need prelude, forward and foundation and earth for the collection.

I had a similar-ish experience, I read them a long while back at the library and I've only just really gotten to collecting all the books I used to love at the library. The original three Foundation books were just on the top of the list, and the copy has become a bit.. messed up in the time. I didn't understand some of it, but it was still amazing then. And it's always nice to come back and get to re-enjoy a book a second time too.

Yeah I hope so too, difficulty is though (this may seem odd at my age) I still live at home with my (real) mum, also my sister recently split with her partner and has moved back in with my 7 year old niece until she can get her own place so the house is full of people who don't know. I reckon they'd accept it if I told them, they are very understanding, but I don't feel any need to (except that I want to get some baby print cloth diapers and it would be easier to wash&dry them if they did).

It's not odd, it's becoming pretty common I thinks. Sometimes that's just how it is. I think that maybe eventually you'll find a chance though! At least I hope so! I totally understand not needing to tell them, but I suppose it's good to know if they somehow find out anyway they will probably be accepting!

Nice introduction. I apologize to the community because I don't think I introduced myself. I agree with you, there seem to be a lot of very nice folks here.
Jam

Well now you've pushed my literary buttons. I'm going to have to look into Foundation. I always enjoy reading and learning new things. It's what makes life exciting.

dogboy said:
Well now you've pushed my literary buttons. I'm going to have to look into Foundation. I always enjoy reading and learning new things. It's what makes life exciting.

Never a bad thing to get more Asimov in your life. ^_^

Arietta said:
Never a bad thing to get more Asimov in your life. ^_^

Aha, Issac Asimov!!! I will enjoy reading him. I read Ray Bradbury's "Chronicles of Mars" and enjoyed that.

I've not read the martian chronicles myself (will have to look I to that one) but from the synopsis I found they seem to common themes (future history, episodic style socio political developement, new colony world etc.)

I do know foundation is considered one of Asimovs best works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back