What is the perfect Littles computer in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitterdafoxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I've heard alot of people talk about computers on here, but I've never heard anyone talk about computers for little's. in my opinion, the classic IMac G3 takes the spot as a great little's computer, it's colorful enough to fit into almost any nursery décor, yet serious enough to be respectable. I personally own a summer 2000 snow IMac G3 which I purchased in June of 2000 at the bargain price of $1,250 which included Apple Airport WIFI and around 250 megabytes of ram coupled with a 700mhz PowerPC G3 Processor. nowadays, those specs are pretty lackluster for a Mac, but it still is plenty capable as a cub computer, even after 15 years of service, what's your pick for a Little/AB/Cub computer?

hummm i would say it have to be one that there can be lots of parental restrictions put on it :p and one that has bumpers so no little well hurt themselves. now when someone finds a computer like that, let me know. i am to lazy to look it up :p

kitty3 said:
hummm i would say it have to be one that there can be lots of parental restrictions put on it :p and one that has bumpers so no little well hurt themselves. now when someone finds a computer like that, let me know. i am to lazy to look it up :p

you're describing an IMac G3, plenty of parental controls that not even Steve Jobs would be able to crack, rounded angles and sturdy construction, a bright CRT that will survive being smacked by a sticky palm. basically, load it up with educational freeware, put some port plugs in, maybe add an ABC keyboard and mouse and you should have a pretty good little's computer.

I actually think an iPad, if I'm allowed the slight misnomer of describing a tablet as a computer. The privacy settings mean you can lock someone into an app, so they can't navigate out of it and get into mischief. The range of games (educational and simply exciting), educational apps, apps which make traditional kids books more interactive and lullaby/soothing based apps means it's the ideal device for actual Littles, and for those who identify as an AB/Little in our community.

Perhaps the biggest advantage it has in terms of Littles, though, is the touch screen. For those of us who like to poke, prod and play about, it's easier (and less potentially damaging) than letting an actual little, (pr even a super-regressed AB!) play about with a laptop or even a desktop computer.

They're also light, portable and have cases built for them. I'd be much more confident handing mine to one of my young cousins than I would an actual laptop.

SirNapsALot said:
I actually think an iPad, if I'm allowed the slight misnomer of describing a tablet as a computer. The privacy settings mean you can lock someone into an app, so they can't navigate out of it and get into mischief. The range of games (educational and simply exciting), educational apps, apps which make traditional kids books more interactive and lullaby/soothing based apps means it's the ideal device for actual Littles, and for those who identify as an AB/Little in our community.

Perhaps the biggest advantage it has in terms of Littles, though, is the touch screen. For those of us who like to poke, prod and play about, it's easier (and less potentially damaging) than letting an actual little, (pr even a super-regressed AB!) play about with a laptop or even a desktop computer.

They're also light, portable and have cases built for them. I'd be much more confident handing mine to one of my young cousins than I would an actual laptop.

I'm gonna agree with this. Also, I feel like IOS has a more intuitive operating system than android does, so kids pick it up faster. I work at a school that has loads of Ipads for kids, and they love the stupid things. Ipad for the win.

I also agree with everything that SirNapsALot pointed out about them, plus, they have really cool kid cases you can put on them.

Our two grandchildren, ages 4 and 6, have Ipad minis, so that sounds like a good, "little" choice. There's also Leapster, which some of our grandchildren had, and I believe there's another similar type device.

OPLC XO-1

They are actually very childish in appearance and super durable. I met an ABDL that had one and loved it. He was also pretty knowledgeable with Linux, so he was able to optimize it and make it pretty functional (for 2007, anyway).

A Surface Pro 3

I do kinda like my computer.. it's a good gaming PC because my Little loves to play games like Sonic Generations and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and other super fun games, but like.. covered in stickers. It's got generic princess and fairy stickers, Sofia the First stickers, Lalaloopsy stickers.

I certainly would love to mod a case to give it that pink plastic toy look, but I imagine that might be a bit tricky. Although my screen is already a lovely soft pink. I just need to get a sparkly pink mouse.. and a pink keyboard.. and we can just hide the tower.

The IMac G3 does look good for that purpose, and I also like a lot the IMac G4, great design but a computer for littles, not sure, you could place stickers or drawings on it.
For me, as long it has my favorite PC games I am good, also a tablet would be great, lots of fun games and apps to enjoy.

Littledaimon said:
The IMac G3 does look good for that purpose, and I also like a lot the IMac G4, great design but a computer for littles, not sure, you could place stickers or drawings on it.
For me, as long it has my favorite PC games I am good, also a tablet would be great, lots of fun games and apps to enjoy.

Yeah, I own both a G3 and a G4, my G3 is my cub computer that I loaded with educational freeware and used some parental controls, I was thinking about getting a period accurate ABC keyboard and mouse, maybe some colorful port plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back