Onesies! Rompers! I can't find them in my size?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Okay, so I'm a short person 5'2" - and am seriously struggling to find any onesies small enough for me.
The baby-pants small is okay after I've shrunk it in hot water, I think my actual length is 29" ...
I have been experimenting with sewing but wouldn't know where to start without a pattern ...

Any suggestions?

I want like a onesie/romper deal - not footie jammies, I have those by the boat load :] Thanks!

Cosy n dry a uk site but they make theirs them selfs

:biggrin:amazon is always good

A tuck on the flap and a quick sew across, even if it's by hand, will shorten them up in a hurry. I had to do that with 2 of my diaper shirts, if that is what you are looking for.

GlitteredArtist said:
Okay, so I'm a short person 5'2" - and am seriously struggling to find any onesies small enough for me.
The baby-pants small is okay after I've shrunk it in hot water, I think my actual length is 29" ...
I have been experimenting with sewing but wouldn't know where to start without a pattern ...

Any suggestions?

I want like a onesie/romper deal - not footie jammies, I have those by the boat load :] Thanks!

Hey, making onesies is SO easy to do! For the body it's basically just four panels. The best way to do this though, is to just go and buy a pattern. You can reuse it over and over again, and you might be able to get away with buying a pattern for an childs size. You don't even need to buy a pattern specifically for a onesie, you can look for patterns for animal costumes, and use that instead. I really like the simplicity patterns, which you can buy online or from any reputable sewing shop. Here is an example of the sort of pattern I'm talking about.

So now you need to buy the material. I like soft fleecey stuff, which you can again buy from any fabric shop, or if you want to save money, you might be able to find some cheap fleece blankets in the january sale, which might provide some fun patterns. Now just cut out the pattern, cut the fabric and sew sew sew! If you do go down this route, send me a PM and I can give you some more advice.

Talula said:
Hey, making onesies is SO easy to do! For the body it's basically just four panels. The best way to do this though, is to just go and buy a pattern. You can reuse it over and over again, and you might be able to get away with buying a pattern for an childs size. You don't even need to buy a pattern specifically for a onesie, you can look for patterns for animal costumes, and use that instead. I really like the simplicity patterns, which you can buy online or from any reputable sewing shop. Here is an example of the sort of pattern I'm talking about.

So now you need to buy the material. I like soft fleecey stuff, which you can again buy from any fabric shop, or if you want to save money, you might be able to find some cheap fleece blankets in the january sale, which might provide some fun patterns. Now just cut out the pattern, cut the fabric and sew sew sew! If you do go down this route, send me a PM and I can give you some more advice.

Those are footie pajamas, which I have lots of, I'm looking to have a traditional onesie, one that is mor like a lsotard with snaps at the crotch.

Go to store that sells baby onssie shirts use that as pattern then get shirts way longer then make botten look the same add snaps or Velcro the you can wear any time like to use tees shirts.
Got to run

I'm not sure if something like this would satisfy your needs, but I found these on Amazon and they're pretty cute. They have plain colors but they also have some animal themed ones. It says they are pajamas, but honestly it looks like something I would play in, and they have small sizes. I am about an inch shorter than you so I often have a hard time finding appropriate sizes as well.
Here's the link if you'd like to look at it: http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-box-...e=UTF8&qid=1420652352&sr=1-73&keywords=onesie

GlitteredArtist said:

Any suggestions?

I got a diaper onesie from here http://81.169.162.205/privatina-s93h186-onsies.html I have the classic cotton one.

They also have custom sizing which is nice. They are a bit on the expensive side.

GlitteredArtist said:
Those are footie pajamas, which I have lots of, I'm looking to have a traditional onesie, one that is mor like a lsotard with snaps at the crotch.

Well, they're known as onesies as well. But the onesies you're referring to are even easier to make. No need, even, for a pattern. All you need for those are a long fitted ladies vest top and some snappers. Cut to shape, hem and add the snaps. I wouldn't even know how to find a pattern for a onesie for an adult. Just make your own, or buy your own from a ladies shop. Primark here in the UK sell them for £5, or you can go upscale to marks and sparks and spend upwards of £30 on them if you want.

GlitteredArtist said:

Any suggestions?

These don't have any prints but they are pretty comfy. They are $30.00. I'm not sure how long they are but I know that these are more form fitting and are compared to the discontinued Abena onesie.

http://xpmedical.com/accessories.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back