Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Incontinent
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101904814

P & G makers of pampers are going to start making adult diapers.

This is exciting they will start looking after us through out our life cycle. Imagine pampers for babies and pampers for adults

Yeah, um, this is old news. Their Always Discreet line is already widely available in stores. Too bad they don't have a plastic diaper, though.

Anybody noticed that the chart shown in the trailer and the chart printed in the article have switched curves? One of the two is wrong.

Unless I'm mistaken P&G created Attends - before selling the company, of course. If my memory serves, all they need to do is recreate the original Attends and everyone will say, "Yaaaaay!" :)

The original Attends and the version immediatley after the original were my favorite diapers. Gosh I miss them :/

A gender-neutral, tabbed product would be great. I did try the Always Discrete a couple of months ago and thought they were ok, though the extent of the padding was suboptimal (for a male). The print was pleasant, though (I've got some sissy in me) and they were quite comfortable.

I agree! I missed the old Attends with the blue tapes! They were my favorite diapers.

The original Attends were better.

So well.. yeah. There will just be another standard adult diaper product just made by another company. With all the focus on incontinence lately being about being discreet.. which generally I see as less padding but "more effective". Just another functional adult diaper that probably will be designed.. for adults. That's fine.

I don't think it will be bad, but I wouldn't go about thinking this means Pampers for Adults! I mean, this news report itself is nearly half a year old. It's not really going to shake up anything, you know?

I see a product designed for women, around what Depends already offers. What they will have for someone with more substantial needs is going to be a moot issue, mostly because they don't know what they are doing, and others have surpassed them for more than two decades! Who can compete against China's state of the art manufacturing facilities, volume, and variety of goods? Plus, one American company and one out of Denmark are far, far ahead of them, and have been for many years. Then there's Medline, and Tena, and a host of new comers that have their brains in gear and the cojones to fight for market share. And finally, what happens if the Attends Company finally gets their heads together and actually MAKES something that people really want?

Here's my response to P&G's laughable effort: "Well, good luck with that."

:lol:

Honeywell6180 said:
I see a product designed for women, around what Depends already offers. What they will have for someone with more substantial needs is going to be a moot issue, mostly because they don't know what they are doing, and others have surpassed them for more than two decades! Who can compete against China's state of the art manufacturing facilities, volume, and variety of goods? Plus, one American company and one out of Denmark are far, far ahead of them, and have been for many years. Then there's Medline, and Tena, and a host of new comers that have their brains in gear and the cojones to fight for market share. And finally, what happens if the Attends Company finally gets their heads together and actually MAKES something that people really want?

Here's my response to P&G's laughable effort: "Well, good luck with that."

:lol:

Well, I'd look at it a little differently: When you go to the average supermarket or drug store to buy adult diapers, your choices are pretty limited. Many would go further and say that all of these easily-obtained diapers suck. That's a pretty sad state of affairs for AB/DLs who would otherwise be happy to buy their adult padding along with their groceries. I certainly would. As I see it, P&G doesn't need to produce some amazing premium diaper, they only need to outclass what's already in the stores in order to make a lot of us happy -- basically make something decent that doesn't need to be ordered online. The Always product is certainly not my favorite, but it is well made, and certainly any P&G product benefits from the doubtless zillions of diaper patents and designs that P&G has produced for babies. Adult-sized products aside, they're a mega-leader in the industry, and if they do try to bring out a conventional diaper, I'd be surprised if it was an abject failure.

Of course, depending upon your preferences in diapers, a new P&G diaper may be guaranteed to disappoint. For instance, it seems quite unlikely that they would bring out anything plastic-backed given current trends.

Competition is good. Even something that initially only matches the quality of what's available in stores might spark competition and encourage the other players to step up their games.

We ABDL's could only wish for an adult version of Pampers, I think that would be perfection. ABDL's are but a small minority in the Incontinence market, and they would never make something with such a small user-base. Let's see what the future holds, the old style Attends were pretty decent, but the ones today suck, barely better then Depends.

I'm not an ABDL. I am autistic, and have a doctor's note. I could wear a pull-on, but my nerves would become severely unbalanced after a few days of wear. So, I can't use the current P&G products, due to their lack of sensory input. This is why I use Abenas and Dry 24/7's, or cloth pre-folds. When I am at an optimum functioning level, I switch to Goodnites because I don't have as much need for the pressure and heat produced by the two previously mentioned products. I will have to wait and see if P&G will make anything that meets my needs, but I am very skeptical at this point.

Remember....P&G has historically tried to get into the "training pant/bedwetter" market which is dominated by Kimberly-Clark(Pullups & Goodnites). Easy-ups & Underjams don't have the same market share as what Pullups & Goodnites. They already failed once with their "Pampers Trainers" line in the mid 90's

Don't want to sound negative, but the trend seems to moving away from anything that is diaper like. Lately the drug stores and super markets (CA &NV) I see less and less of briefs with tabs.

I will continue to support Bambino and others that go out of their way to support us.

FTR, I like the old Attends too! They were made like a diaper and they didn't try to discuise them as anything but a diaper LOL

Last edited:
quartz200420012 said:
Remember....P&G has historically tried to get into the "training pant/bedwetter" market which is dominated by Kimberly-Clark(Pullups & Goodnites). Easy-ups & Underjams don't have the same market share as what Pullups & Goodnites. They already failed once with their "Pampers Trainers" line in the mid 90's
Underjams aren't that great either. The side panels easily tear apart like tissue paper. P&G is too big of a company to care about any one of their products. They shouldn't of sold Attends. I doubt that the Always brand will last long because they have very little to offer.

They mentioned it to be a more consumer based than institutional. They aren't making any noise in the market.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Underjams aren't that great either. The side panels easily tear apart like tissue paper. P&G is too big of a company to care about any one of their products. They shouldn't of sold Attends. I doubt that the Always brand will last long because they have very little to offer.

They mentioned it to be a more consumer based than institutional. They aren't making any noise in the market.

Yup. They screwed up big time when they sold Attends to PaperPak. Since then look what Depends has done....It reminds me of the baby diaper wars of the 70's & 80's where both companies would pay big money to be in movies to advertise their product. For a long while Pampers dominated, and then Huggies finally started outselling them in the late 80's, which lead to the demise of the "deluxe" Luvs brand(which became the bargain diaper).

dillpickle said:
The original Attends and the version immediatley after the original were my favorite diapers. Gosh I miss them :/

Oh lord this...

My first ever adult diapers were a case of those blue taped attends I bought as a preteen/early teen after I sent NorthShore Care an envelope stuffed full of MONEY (yes, actual money, plus change...I legitimately thought that's what a 'money order' was back then).

Some kind soul seemed to understand my 'stupid dumb kid' screwup, and managed to send me a case of those Attends regardless...and holy bananas they were amazing!

I remember the original Attends with the micro-pore lining. I thought they were horrible. The ones with the three blue tapes on each side were better, but they had that "nursing home" scent, which was far different from Pampers at that time. I like today's Abena's better than I like the old 3-tape on each side Attends.

Honeywell wrote:

>> ]I remember the original Attends with the micro-pore lining. I thought they were horrible. <<

I agree with you, Honeywell. The micropore liner was exceptionally hot, sweat producing, and when wet they started to feel like I was wearing sandpaper lined diapers!

>> The ones with the three blue tapes on each side were better, but they had that "nursing home" scent, which was far different from Pampers at that time. I like today's Abena's better than I like the old 3-tape on each side Attends. <<

The 3 tape diaper was significantly more comfortable, but they lacked absorbency for IC folks like me. They seemed to be cut generously, and the liner was VERY soft, both great improvements, but lacked enough sucking power.

I wonder if those folks praising the 6 tape diapers are just too young to have ever worn the micropore plastic sheet lined style. Those diapers were much better than either modern Depends or the older sick-green Depends. Some of us here started wearing Curity 21 x 40 cotton diapers and Gerbers Toddler Large pull-on plastic panties over them...

My best to all,

Binkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back