Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A small review of Always Discreet underpants

Post A small review of Always Discreet underpants

I never thought I would ever buy and wear an Always product but now that Always is unexpectedly entering the incontinence market with a range of new products, I was really eager to test their underpants out, from a Drynite / Goodnite wearer point of view.

So here is a little review of the Always Discreet Plus (size: M) underpants.

Package

When opening the package, the scent coming from the pull-ups is the most surprising thing.
    Itís not that strong, but still something very new.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1921.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	22828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1922.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	22829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1923.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	22830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1924.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	22831

The pull-up

The outside of the pull-up feels soft and the discreet light purple flowers on the white background look pretty good.
    It looks however much bigger after having unfolded it. It is much bigger than I had first expected, especially the big waistband that makes it look like a bit too much like granny underpants. The scent is stronger after having unfolded it as well. Not bad again, but I am wondering if this can be recognized if someone is wearing this pull-up next to you. Great to create a community of wearers but not very good for discretion I guess!

The absorbent part is thin but covers a large area and the pull-up has two blue leak guards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1926.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	22832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1928.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	22833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1930.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	22835

First impressions wearing it

My fear of the granny look became a reality at first. They do have a very high waistband that goes even to my belly button.
    After folding this waistband inside, they look like more like real underwear and so it gets much more discreet, so thatís not such a big deal.

They immediately feel very comfortable with enough room inside and a nice feeling of the absorbent part on the back while sitting.

They are after all discreet under jeans as the absorbent part is pretty thin.

Absorbency

I am very impressed about their absorbency. They started to leak after wearing them 10 hours in a row without going to the loo and drinking normally (even a bit more as usual)

The pee is only absorbed after a while after having been contained between the leak guards. The dry feeling is not as good as on Goodnites I would say but still pretty good.

You can however really feel the thickness of the pull-up at the crotch when it is wet, but it remains very comfortable and you can still go on doing your activities (I walked a lot with wearing them). You can feel this same thickness pretty much on your bottom when sitting as well.

When pulling jeans down, you canít smell any unwanted odor apart from the scent which is still there.

Conclusion

The Always Discreet Plus are very good pull-ups, very efficient, comfortable to wear and quite cute. I would however have preferred them without any scent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1929.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	22834  

Thank you for the review. I've been debating trying these out. I've been mostly using L-XL goodnites lately. Do you think the small size in these could fit me? I've been trying to figure out which size I should buy.

If you fit in the L-XL goodnites, go for the M size of the Always Discreet, they fit me perfectly.

my wife has been using these lately, we like them for a number of reasons..same company as pampers..try them they are everywhere now

I tried them when they first came out. They were ok. As a male who vastly prefers "pointing up", I found the rise of the padding in front to be inadequate; it was far too easy to pee past the front edge and into the unpadded elastic. Whoops! As these are made for women, it's not surprising that the padding isn't totally male-friendly. Perhaps the rumored male or gender-neutral products to come will remedy this.

I don't like "pointing up" at all as I find it generally pretty inefficient, so that's why I don't have the problem. But if you prefer it this way, that's true the padding is inadequate with this pull-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Perhaps the rumored male or gender-neutral products to come will remedy this.
    Such a thing is rumoured?

Surely the 'always' brand would preclude such a thing?

I have tried these also and found they worked great. Like most diaper/pull ups it worked best to dribble and not flood. The only leak I had was when I let too much out at once and it didn't soak up in time. Once it was soaked in to the material it held it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Overnight View Post
    Such a thing is rumoured?

Surely the 'always' brand would preclude such a thing?
    Indeed. When word first came of the Always diapers, there was talk of P&G following up with a product for guys. No idea if/when such a thing will arrive, but like you, I'm pretty sure it won't be branded "Always."

Maybe P&G will create a "Never" brand.

Quote Originally Posted by thehiddenme View Post
    I have tried these also and found they worked great. Like most diaper/pull ups it worked best to dribble and not flood. The only leak I had was when I let too much out at once and it didn't soak up in time. Once it was soaked in to the material it held it well.
    You are right, they can't handle a flood. If you don't flood however, they work great.