Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Lou Dobbs commentary on the proposed amnesty bill

Default A Lou Dobbs commentary on the proposed amnesty bill

i received this link in an e-mail a few days ago, and I thought it was interesting, and outrageous. I think the proposals in this bill are absolutely beyond belief. tell me what you think.

h++p://video.aol.com/video-detail/lou-dobbs-on-amnesty-bill/838353024

i am all for the proposals in this bill. America is meant to be the beacon light for freedom, and justice to the world, all must stand an equal chance of becoming citizens. Quite frankly all this bill can do is strengthen our ties with both nations and help further our economy..
    Ricky i got news for you.. this country was founded by immigrants, it is only the greatest nation in the world because of our culture that is the sum of its parts. The united states has TWO "official languages". I personally find white conservatives going nuts over the fact that People form other nations want the things we have, worse yet these people are willing to work themselves to the bone for it.

There is a legal way to come here and enjoy the benefits of living in the U.S.. Many thousands have immigrated here from all over the world legally, and the notion that the 12-20 million (million) that decided that they would just "come on down" without going through the same channels places an unfair burden on EVERYONE. Every civilized country in the world (and a few uncivilized ones, too) have immigration laws and procedures to join their societies. It's not unreasonable to expect that people follow a process to come here.

I'm not suggesting that every illegal alien be deported and barred from entry, but some sort of process is needed to lawfully assimilate them into our society, sorting out the undesirables that are criminals in their home countries and here, and allowing the others to have a way to correct their past misdeeds and move forward.

It's official our government is insane. America doesn't have the resources to be the life boat of the world anymore. Legal immigration is a great thing but illegal immigration can't be controlled so it needs to be stopped. We need to build fences across both borders and require background checks to cross the borders going both ways leaving our country and entering it.

When immigrants get citizenship they are just as much a citizen as anyone else. Expanding the process of legal immigration is such a necessary and obvious way to create jobs and reduce the resources (or use them to greater effect) that are applied to illegal immigration. And never mind Lou Dobbs. I watch him a lot to snicker at; mostly he is there to rail at anything handy, to sensationalize. I just recently saw the very first entire ep of his with views that made sense; sure enough H311 is all frozen over.

Quote Originally Posted by Corri_aka_Drew View Post
    all must stand an equal chance of becoming citizens.
    And all do. All this bill will do is let people who come here illegally become citizens. This helps NO one at all asides maybe providing comedic relief for the rest of the world to make fun of America even more. Anyways I don't expect you to really understand whats going on in America, after all your are in Canada.

I'll be sure to inform the illegals to go to your house/city since your clearly in support of them.

Quote Originally Posted by stonemask55 View Post
    We need to build fences across both borders and require background checks to cross the borders going both ways leaving our country and entering it.
    Pfft. Good luck trying to pay for that. Yea, fences don't work that well either. On an episode of Bullshit they had a small team of Mexicans try to climb over a to-scale replica of the fence you have partialy covering the Mexican boarder. The first team were able to get over the fence in ten minutes. The second team was able to get through the fence in 20. And the third team was able to get under in 30.

But those Canadians on your Northern boarder. Whoo-wee, you really gotta watch out for them. Always trying to sneak into your country and whatnot...

... And, apparenlty, US citizens when re entering their country have to be finger-printed EVER TIME by American customs. Or is that just in my area? Either way, I think you're government is obsessed with destroying the tourism industry in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    And all do. All this bill will do is let people who come here illegally become citizens. This helps NO one at all asides maybe providing comedic relief for the rest of the world to make fun of America even more. Anyways I don't expect you to really understand whats going on in America, after all your are in Canada.

I'll be sure to inform the illegals to go to your house/city since your clearly in support of them.
    I am in the Us, all these people want to do is live a happy life.. here... in the US and have the rights we do, clean water, etc. If you lived in an impoverished country such as Mexico... and there was the US... staring at you... wouldnt you do the same thing?
    You were born a citizen, some folks aren't so lucky. It also takes money to become a citizen, and these people are flocking here for that exact reason, they dont have any.

I am in the Us, all these people want to do is live a happy life.. here... in the US and have the rights we do, clean water, etc. If you lived in an impoverished country such as Mexico... and there was the US... staring at you... wouldnt you do the same thing?
    You were born a citizen, some folks aren't so lucky. It also takes money to become a citizen, and these people are flocking here for that exact reason, they dont have any.
    I would much rather work in my own country then runaway from all my problems and cause problems for another nation. I will be fine if Mexico said "Hey can you help us get our act together and make us a good country again."

That's much more helpful then letting ANYONE come in and out as they please and making them legal citizens at the same time.

Do you think it is impossible for them to create these things in their own countries? Are they so unpatriotic that they wouldn't fight to build what they have into what they want? That is what we have done here. Aside from the American Indians we ALL are immigrants, and our forefathers came here legally (most likely, I know mine did) and then they worked their asses off to create what we have today. The illegals are opportunists that are looking for the "easier way" rather than staying and taking the harder path which is fighting the negative forces in their home countries and creating their own version of what we have here. Their Governments have the same abilities as ours to create the environment for growth and (relative) prosperity that we have here.