Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Abuniverse

Default Abuniverse

I'm not sure if I should trust this, but the website it back up but different. It says it is a new management. Not sure if I should try ordering one.

The new website was http://abuniverse-com.3dcartstores.com
    Last edited by BJsTyLeZ; 21-Dec-2014 at 06:58. Reason: Forgot to post the website

Quote Originally Posted by BJsTyLeZ View Post
    I'm not sure if I should trust this, but the website it back up but different. It says it is a new management. Not sure if I should try ordering one.
    Before you go order does this seem odd?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (95).jpg 
Views:	1540 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	22808

Certainly I have never seen this before last time I checked to see if they were under new management. Something happened, that's for sure.

Before you check, ask people who ordered from the new ABuniverse. Probably just their way of maintenance or something like that but I never enter a site that has that disclaimer. Maybe run a scan first before shopping there?

Oh and FYI, they are still lying about the best AB/DL store out there I know a better one...BAMBINO'S!!!

Check this link out though: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/190597?p=ws_hacked&rd=1

The old original website doesn't even work when I typed it, so I didn't even bother going through it. Thanks for telling me about that. I never even knew about it.

Thanks for telling me about the hack. The website that popped up when I went there was http://abuniverse-com.3dcartstores.com the website said it is under a new management. But just to be sure, I messeged them to see if they will answer back. Also to see if they will send me my order from June. If not, then I know for sure not to trust them. And yup, I started to order from bambino when they never sent my order, so I know for sure to trust bambino.

Sorry if this was already sent.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 21-Dec-2014 at 23:31. Reason: merging posts

Through some Google-fu, the new ABU seems to be legit-ish. It's now running through 3dcartstores.com, which is (lesser-used) software for e-commerce. 3dcartstores-affiliated sites have mixed reviews, but the actual software does in fact seem to be non-hacked as far as I can tell. Honestly, it just looks like they switched the software they're running on and didn't set up a proper redirect/file the proper stuff with Google. Hopefully they are actually under new management.

You shouldn't take this as an endorsement of the site (as I have no idea if the "under new management" claim is true), just that upon closer inspection, it doesn't look quite as sketchy as Google makes it seem.

EDIT 3:
    Nevermind about the big red warning. Seems it was just a bit of site construction. The redirect now works fine.
    Last edited by KatelynG; 21-Dec-2014 at 19:08.

Guess the rumors about new management were true after all.

http://abuniverse-com.3dcartstores.c...t-Us_ep_7.html

The reason Google says "this site might be hacked" is probably because they've just redone their entire site, using a new eCommerce software platform. That, and the new platform seems to direct to the software's website where the store is apparently hosted on now. Instead of "abuniverse.com", it directs to "abuniverse-com.3dcartstores.com". They certainly did a good job making themselves look like they got hacked. Why not keep the original domain and just add a software to the server??

I just ordered 80x medium SDKs this past week and received the order with no issues (ordered Tuesday and received them Friday - I'm in California). I think one of the main problems is they don't update their stock status on their website. If you order something out of stock, then it takes a long time to receive your order since their restocking cycle is very, very slow. I hope new management takes over and can "clean up" how they operate.

Quote Originally Posted by BJsTyLeZ View Post
    Oh, the new website that popped up was this
    http://abuniverse-com.3dcartstores.com

The old original website doesn't even work when I typed it, so I didn't even bother going through it. Thanks for telling me about that. I never even knew about ti.
    Thanks for letting me know! Now, I shall listen for these opinions.

is it me or does it look like their prices went up a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAyria View Post
    is it me or does it look like their prices went up a little bit?
    I'll take prices increasing a little bit for better reliability and new ownership/management. They still honestly don't seem that expensive to me - Cushies come out to $1.50-ish/diaper, so about on par with high-end diapers.

EDIT 3:
    Nevermind about the big red warning. Seems it was just a bit of site construction. The redirect now works fine.

actually from what im seeing, they have abuniverse.com linking to the new website because if you type in the old url it pops up right on the new one. i think they are in process of taking down the old site and are editing the code right now