Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of these Abena M4's is not like the other, PAPER vs PLASTIC.

MATTTYCO

Default One of these Abena M4's is not like the other, PAPER vs PLASTIC.

I scored a pack of Abena M4's online for $17 last week, and what arrived today was not what I expected.

I rely on Abena day to day for my continence issues, and have tried every diaper on the market, to fulfill my active lifestyle needs. I've come dependent on them for my full time needs, so when I noticed the new package was a cloth-backed brief, I about shit myself.

I've been dreading when this day would come, and want to assert that these did not come from XP (at least, not directly). I know there's been several mentions of it, but now I fear it's the future of the high quality product.

I haven't changed into one yet, but when I do, I'll provide rigorous testing and report back with feedback.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ab4.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	22741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8798b28f6b1334a5dc288650f1882bf97af6ba6e.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	22742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ab 44.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	22743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ab 4.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	22744

Just like molicare going cloth-backed... *sigh* another good diaper is about to phase out

Sad thing is, these are my favorite!

Abena has been offering clothlike m4s alongside the plastic ones for at least a year, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyFofo View Post
    Abena has been offering clothlike m4s alongside the plastic ones for at least a year, if I recall correctly.
    It's been more like 6 years now…at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Just like molicare going cloth-backed... *sigh* another good diaper is about to phase out

Sad thing is, these are my favorite!
    I haven't seen any indication from Abena that they are ending the plastic backed M4 line, this is likely just a case of them not realizing they ordered the "Premium" which is clothed back rather than the "Original."

@MATTYCO - Do you have the link to the page you ordered these on, and are you sure that you specifically ordered the plastic backed version of the diaper?

Screw Abena. Teach them a lesson an change to Northshore briefs. All these companies going to clothbacked diapers is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ClickyKeys View Post
    I haven't seen any indication from Abena that they are ending the plastic backed M4 line, this is likely just a case of them not realizing they ordered the "Premium" which is clothed back rather than the "Original."
    That's a plus! It's just that I heard about M4 ending their plastic lines for awhile now but I don't know when.

Default One of these Abena M4's is not like the other, PAPER vs PLASTIC.

They almost did at the end of 2011, but decided that the demand for them was sufficient to continue for the foreseeable future. That actually bought a new factory for just the plastic backed M4 and L4 line as the reason thy wanted to stop is they needed to make more of the cloth ones to meet the demands of those.

Either that or it was a new factory for the cloth ones and continuing with the old for the plastic, I just remember reading about a new factory purchase shortly afte they announce they were going to keep the M4 line after all.

As I understand the production numbers have increased since the . Before that attempted cancellation it was a pretty common joke of "if you can catch them before they go on back order again." As they were pretty much always back ordered everywhere most of the time.

The TC likely didn't see they were ordering the non-plastic backed ones or the site simply didn't mention it.

I would contact the seller if they didn't mention which kind they are.