Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it really a sexual attraction to diapers?

Reword

Default Is it really a sexual attraction to diapers?

I was thinking the other day that maybe dl's do not get sexual satisfaction from a diaper, but the soft, silky smooth material it is made from. For me, real diapers do not get me excited, but blankets do because that's what I used to make my makeshift diapers out of. So is it really the diaper or just what it's made of? If you were to just get like a blanket made out of the same material the inside of a diaper is, would the same sexual satisfaction be achieved?

Basically, is the sexual attraction solely based on the fact that it is a diaper?
    Last edited by Reword; 15-Dec-2014 at 12:18.

probably a complicated question honestly
    i know my wife and i enjoy diapered sex allot and both of us are turned on because of it

Pulluplover

Its really a combination I think. The feel is a big part of it, but so is the look, and the humiliation, regression, sissy or other aspects of looking at yourself in a baby diaper.

I don't think enjoying diaper wearing is necessarily sexual, though sexual stimulation is undoubtedly the main reason that many DLs wear. For example, some individuals enjoy wearing diapers solely because they're cosy and comfortable - in the same way that slipping on some wooly knitwear or a thick pair of winter socks might be.

However, for others, the attraction is purely in the way it excites them sexually, as the feeling of a diaper rubbing against the genitals provides a major erotic stimulation for many ABDLs. Diapers can also be simply another regression accessory to get into a 'Little Headspace'. Diapering can, of course, be a combination of all of these things (and maybe more?). Finding diapers snug and cosy isn't mutually exclusive to finding them sexually stimulating.

Also, I think the sexual attraction (when present) is towards the experience of wearing a diaper, not an attraction to the diaper as an item in and of itself.

Sexuality is a strange and many-faceted thing, so I think it would vary from person to person. Like the posters above have said, it's not always about just the material it's made out of - the whole experience of wearing a diaper and the associated feelings also may play a role. You probably feel attracted to blanket makeshifts because they were simply what you used during an important period of sexual development in your life. If you had had real diapers, perhaps you would have developed more of a fetish for them.

Personally, when I was a young child, I only really cared about training pants and, probably a few years later, bedwetter and adult incontinence products. Despite being similar, actual baby diapers were nowhere on my sexual radar. I believe my preference lies not in the product itself exactly, but in the change of status wearing something like training pants implies - that one is supposed to be controlling their bladder but hasn't mastered it. So, as you can see, there's often other factors involved in a fetish than just what something is made out of.

Diapers alone don't really do anything for me, but that might be perhaps due to the need to wear them, although they didn't really do anything for me before that either. But they do enhance other kinks of mine. Diapers with bondage is better than just bondage without diapers for me.

You ask a complicated question because it really depends on mood. Diapers can be sexual for me but mostly, they are not. It's about comfort, security and that warm feeling... sure, I get a kick out of it sometimes and it was what made me start wearing in the first place bit it is not what keeps me wearing.

We are all very different on this one.

DLE

Quote Originally Posted by Reword View Post
    I was thinking the other day that maybe dl's do not get sexual satisfaction from a diaper, but the soft, silky smooth material it is made from. For me, real diapers do not get me excited, but blankets do because that's what I used to make my makeshift diapers out of. So is it really the diaper or just what it's made of? If you were to just get like a blanket made out of the same material the inside of a diaper is, would the same sexual satisfaction be achieved?

Basically, is the sexual attraction solely based on the fact that it is a diaper?
    Yes. For DLs the attraction is for something specifically called diapers, but the experience varies according to individual preferences. Seeing, wearing, feeling, or using diapers may all be part of the fantasy. The word itself, whether written or spoken, often is enough to grab the attention of a DL. DLs don't have to be single minded about diapers. Like everyone else they can have a variety of "normal" things they find sexually attractive as well as other fetishes. A "soft, silky smooth" blanket can be sensual to some, and could enhance the sexual experience, but it is not a sex object in itself except for those rare individuals who see it that way.

I think everyone above has covered it. Yes, Diapers are a main turn on for many DL's. But it does go deeper than just the object itself. There is happiness and comfort achieved by wearing. For many DL's it takes the mind off of every other problem, so it's partially an escape. The sexual side can also involve the feeling of "naughtiness" and partial humiliation, like "ha ha you're in diapers". It's a private thing for most, and if you have an AB side, you may also pretend that you are a younger child that has to wear because of bedwetting problem or other accidents. Wearing and using the diaper is very exciting in that respect and sexual satisfaction is almost always attained during use.

Reword

I understand that for some it's not sexual and that diapers can add to ab activities. But I'm talking specifically to those who are diaper fetishest and that's it