Thread: buying diapers and accessories

Default buying diapers and accessories

Twice I've gotten comments from the cashiers at Toys R Us. About a month ago it was from a female who said said something about a thicker diaper, today the dumb 20 something year old asks "What's a diaper booster pad?"
    Really? You can't be that stupid.

I think this is one of those things where you're too close to be objective. I don't think I've ever encountered the notion of diaper boosters in my mundane life. For someone without contact with babies, I think it would be an easy thing to have missed, although I suspect I'd have a pretty good guess as to what it is just from the name.

You know, at this time of year there are a lot of new employees in every retail outlet; you have to be more patient with them. Believe me, I was a GSA at Toys R Us and had to deal with a lot of really fucking stupid cashiers, but when an employee is new, you can't give them too much flak for not knowing too much. On top of that, he/she probably wasn't even working in the Babies R Us department, which actually requires training, unlike working on the salesfloor on the Toys R Us side. And to be honest, the existence of diaper booster pads isn't exactly common knowledge to the average twenty-year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    You know, at this time of year there are a lot of new employees in every retail outlet; you have to be more patient with them
    "OK that bag of goodnights'll be $21.58, you want fries with that?"