Thread: Email Phishers are pissing me off.

Default Email Phishers are pissing me off.

Well, I asked for it by making my e-mail easy to find, and obviously I have public e-mails and private e-mails, so let's get that straight from the beginning.

I am just sick and tired of these phishing e-mails. They are so ludicrous that I don't see who falls for them in the first place.

Well, I say it's time to fight back.

I am going to make a .COM web site with a forum for reporting phish emails and ask that people join together to make a simple, trustworthy place to check to see if an e-mail is fake and also perhaps get back at them as well.

Sounds like a good idea, Mitchy, and an issue usually feels less overwhelming when you feel you're doing something productive about it. I imagine a very small proportion of people fall for phishing emails, but the fact they're presumably easy to send in bulk means that the people sending them probably need only a tiny percentage of successes to make it financially worth their time. I would assume that most of the people who fall for them are the elderly (for whom this is a relatively new and often confusing type of scam) and those who are otherwise digitally illiterate...or just a bit dumb.

People sometimes say that they don't feel sorry for individuals who fall for these emails, because 'it's their own fault', but I do feel some sympathy. Somebody being naive or having a poor grasp of technology doesn't mean they should be exploited as some sort of penance for that.

What email host do you use? I feel like gmail does a pretty darn good job at filtering crap like that. The only emails I ever see in my inbox are from people I know, or places I know I signed up for notifications from.

If you live in the US, you should know that you can report these people to the IC3, which can get them jail time if they are convicted of whatever internet crime.

I have reported them but it's a big problem when it's another Country doing it which is the case 100% of the time. They are pretty much in the clear and get away with it. The Irony is you don't see people getting away with it in the US.

In the US if you phish people we will find you. eventually. Other countries... it's like they don't care.

I doubt they will ever quit, they will just come up with a new scam, and they always catch the unaware or unsuspecting, these guys are the vermin of the human race. No worse then the "Guy from Microsoft" who seems to call me every week or so to tell me I have a virus on my computer... LOL, they just don't give up. Block sender on the email, and just don't pick up on the phone, only thing I can do.

I've been getting text messages lately.

I won 20,000 in some prize draw yay!