Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up and Up from Target

Default Up and Up from Target

So I aquired a Winco XL sleep pull up on thanksgiving- this was my first experience being diapered. However, the thing with the Winco sleep pull up is that the sides tore so easily.

Now that I know for sure that I want to spend some money on something similar I have been looking around... I'm wondering about Target's Up & Up nighttime pull ups because well, they seem gender neutral and target currently has free shipping...

I'm about 5'1 and about 95lbs and I can fit into a little girls size 12 pant... Do you think the sides would hold up?

Also I have to go on a 3 hour road trip about twice a week or more, I have kidney reflux where if I have to go and don't go right away it ends up backing up and can cause a urinary track infection along with other things... So maybe this sounds silly, but maybe being diapered occasionally might help with health things. Anyways, if anyone knows about how much fluid the Up & Up nighttime pull-ups in XL hold. Or if they leak, clump up, or something.

Basically, if you know anything about Target's Up & Up nighttime pull ups in size XL please share

Thank you

Almost certainly size XL Goodnite-equivalents will fit you. I'd be more worried that they'd be too big than too small. If I obtain a small package of the Up&Ups, I'd be happy to do a diaper review including capacity test, but I wouldn't assume those would be best. I'd try ordering premium diapers for your purposes. Tranquility ATNs are pretty cost effective as far as diapers go. If you really want cute-ish pull-up diapers and can't order online plus are worried about leaking, grab some size 6 baby diapers for use as stuffers in addition to the Goodnites or whatever generic sleep pants. Cut holes in/perforate the underside of the baby diaper, cut off the tapes, and place it inside the pull-up. That should greatly increase absorbency for really cheap.

I have had the XL size of the Up and Up sleep pants. While I didn't conclude scientific tests on them, here are my basic observations:

They are unisex and the prints on them are boring. Nothing to write home about. Solid colored lines either green or blue. Other than that, they do have some nice features. Despite being boring, being a unisex diaper does have an advantage and that is you get thick padding with AGM all throughout the diaper, not just up front or in the middle. Of course like all pull-ups they have the cloth-like cover and stretchy sides. They stretch good and are durable. This size should fit you just fine. They are a bit thicker than Goodnites or Underjams. Despite having a cloth-like cover, it is one of those that is put in place loosely. This diaper, for something that claims to be discrete is very crinkly and even louder when wet. Of course I personally love that, but some may not. It's still not as thick as an adult diaper would be -- but capacity wise I was impressed. Again I didn't measure how much it holds, but it does hold more than Huggies Goodnites. I think I may still have one or 2 of them left. If I do I will do a more formal test and see if i can get you more accurate measurements. I have similar issues as you where when I have to pee -- I have to pee NOW or risk UTIs or other kidney issues. I've had kidney stones before and I really don't want to go through that again. Totally not fun. Katelynn's "stuffer" idea is a good one, just be careful when cutting holes in the baby diaper that you don;t make them too big or you'll end up with a gelly mess everywhere. Just small enough for some liquid to pass through.

Store brand bedwetting underpants don't usually fit as well as Goodnites, but they are similarly sized. If you can fit into Goodnites fairly easily, you should be able to fit into these as well. If Goodnites are a tight fit or break sometimes, you may have a hard time getting into Up and Ups. If you can fit into girls' size 12 clothes, I think you'll be fine - I can fit into a girls' size 16, and can fit into other store-brand Goodnites. Absorbency will probably not be great, but if you wet slowly you will probably be able to use them. If you hope to wet faster/more than once, I'd recommend an adult diaper or pull-up of some sort. And I can almost guarantee that Goodnites will work better than any store brand. But if you want to try them, give it a go - at your size, I doubt fitting will be a problem. I hope you enjoy whichever brand you end up with!

I haven't tried up & ups yet, but I can say I've found some store brand pullups to be better IMO in absorbancy then goodnights with similar fit.

Quote Originally Posted by computerProgrammer View Post
    I haven't tried up & ups yet, but I can say I've found some store brand pullups to be better IMO in absorbancy then goodnights with similar fit.
    Agreed. Just because Goodnites is a "name brand" doesn't always mean it's better. Goodnites actually don't hold as much. Underjams (Pampers) holds at least 50% more. I've found XL Goodnites can hold about 16 oz, and that's if they are wet slowly and carefully. Because the main focus with Goodnites seems to be "thin and discrete," they simply will not be able to hold what they should. Which really defeats the purpose of an overnight diaper for older (teenage) children. If you take an Underjam and Goodnite side by side, there is no doubt the Underjam has more fluff and more AGM to get the job done. And I've made the same observation with the new Up and Up overnight pants. They are thicker and can handle a lot more. Not saying they'd be good for adult daytime use, but then again if you are petite and can fit into girls' size 12 pants, perhaps your bladder is smaller, too. So, they *could* work if used carefully.

It turns out i don't have any of these left, but I liked them so much I'm gonna get some more. Then I will do some official testing on them.

i use them(so does the wife), nothing really wrong with them, more like the goodnites of old..i like the more neutral designs for everyday wearing more than goodnites, it would be easier to explain imo to an observer..they are cheaper than goodnites. they should work for anyone who uses underjams or goodnites..capacity is okay and they are kinda loud..

i have been wondering lately if the up and up pullups are bigger than the new goodnites..i think i have both can prob. compare..
    Last edited by PaddedWife; 01-Dec-2014 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    Almost certainly size XL Goodnite-equivalents will fit you. I'd be more worried that they'd be too big than too small. If I obtain a small package of the Up&Ups, I'd be happy to do a diaper review including capacity test, but I wouldn't assume those would be best. I'd try ordering premium diapers for your purposes. Tranquility ATNs are pretty cost effective as far as diapers go. If you really want cute-ish pull-up diapers and can't order online plus are worried about leaking, grab some size 6 baby diapers for use as stuffers in addition to the Goodnites or whatever generic sleep pants. Cut holes in/perforate the underside of the baby diaper, cut off the tapes, and place it inside the pull-up. That should greatly increase absorbency for really cheap.
    Thank you! I was wondering how stuffing worked

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SD79 View Post
    I have had the XL size of the Up and Up sleep pants. While I didn't conclude scientific tests on them, here are my basic observations:

They are unisex and the prints on them are boring. Nothing to write home about. Solid colored lines either green or blue. Other than that, they do have some nice features. Despite being boring, being a unisex diaper does have an advantage and that is you get thick padding with AGM all throughout the diaper, not just up front or in the middle. Of course like all pull-ups they have the cloth-like cover and stretchy sides. They stretch good and are durable. This size should fit you just fine. They are a bit thicker than Goodnites or Underjams. Despite having a cloth-like cover, it is one of those that is put in place loosely. This diaper, for something that claims to be discrete is very crinkly and even louder when wet. Of course I personally love that, but some may not. It's still not as thick as an adult diaper would be -- but capacity wise I was impressed. Again I didn't measure how much it holds, but it does hold more than Huggies Goodnites. I think I may still have one or 2 of them left. If I do I will do a more formal test and see if i can get you more accurate measurements. I have similar issues as you where when I have to pee -- I have to pee NOW or risk UTIs or other kidney issues. I've had kidney stones before and I really don't want to go through that again. Totally not fun. Katelynn's "stuffer" idea is a good one, just be careful when cutting holes in the baby diaper that you don;t make them too big or you'll end up with a gelly mess everywhere. Just small enough for some liquid to pass through.
    Would a covering work to help with the noise? Thanks for mentioning small holes, I've never done this before.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddysBabyMonkey View Post
    Thank you! I was wondering how stuffing worked
    No problem at all! I wonder if an article on stuffing would help ADISC a bit? It shouldn't be too hard though! And if you're having a bit of trouble getting the smaller stuffer diaper to stay still inside the main diaper, you can always apply a bit of superglue to the edges before you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SD79 View Post
    Agreed. Just because Goodnites is a "name brand" doesn't always mean it's better. Goodnites actually don't hold as much. Underjams (Pampers) holds at least 50% more. I've found XL Goodnites can hold about 16 oz, and that's if they are wet slowly and carefully. Because the main focus with Goodnites seems to be "thin and discrete," they simply will not be able to hold what they should. Which really defeats the purpose of an overnight diaper for older (teenage) children. If you take an Underjam and Goodnite side by side, there is no doubt the Underjam has more fluff and more AGM to get the job done. And I've made the same observation with the new Up and Up overnight pants. They are thicker and can handle a lot more. Not saying they'd be good for adult daytime use, but then again if you are petite and can fit into girls' size 12 pants, perhaps your bladder is smaller, too. So, they *could* work if used carefully.

It turns out i don't have any of these left, but I liked them so much I'm gonna get some more. Then I will do some official testing on them.

Good to know! They say I have a small bladder, compared it to that of a 10 year old. So maybe they'll work