Thread: Got News From The Doctor

Default Got News From The Doctor

Went to the doctor last week and got news that my urethra is starting to narrow. So next week I have to have a urethral stint put in for 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklesTheBunny View Post
    Went to the doctor last week and got news that my urethra is starting to narrow. So next week I have to have a urethral stint put in for 6 weeks.
    That does not sound like fun... Hopefully though, it will stay expanded for quite a long time after you get through this... Does this allow you to still use sphincter control, or is it more like a catheter, and bag set-up?

-Marka

Ouch! I'm sure that won't be fun. In 1986 I had my back operated on, a tumor removed from the nerves inside my spine, and I couldn't urinate. For about six weeks I had to catheterize myself. The doctor didn't know if the ability to pee would ever return. He said with some it does and with others it doesn't. What a great and glorious day it was when I suddenly felt the urge to pee and use the toilet.

I'm sure you're apprehensive about this procedure. I was very apprehensive when a middle aged woman nurse taught me how to use a catheter, and we did the procedure for real. I was somewhat embarrassed. So at least this procedure will happen just once. I had to catheterize myself four times a day. The funny thing was that I got used to it very quickly and it didn't hurt. If you relax and just let the procedure do its thing, you may not feel much either. I wish you good luck.

I have nocturne enuresis. But it gives me a perfectly good reason to wear diapers. LOL.