• Cloth

9 14.75%
  • Plastic

53 86.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cloth adult diapers vs plastic back adult diapers

Default cloth adult diapers vs plastic back adult diapers

If diapers ever switched to cloth completely in the future would you quit wearing them? Of course there will be ebay and other place that you could still buy plastic back ones i myself would load up on plastic i just cant stand cloth

I like cloth, never really tried plastic tho I'd like to some time.

Well I would have little say in the matter if I had to switch because I am IC. But if I did have a choice between cloth diapers or nothing I would go with cloth.

norcal57

If the only choice was a cloth backed disposable, I would stop using disposables, and use Birdseye. I sincerely doubt that would ever happen, there are too many great ABDL stores that actually listen to their customers.

Presumably the poll is talking about cloth-backed disposables, not cloth diapers. A cloth diaper is one where cloth does the absorbing -- not to be pedantic or anything.

I actually like cloth-backed disposables as well as cloth diapers. Perhaps because I'm a baby diaper user, and because baby disposables have been cloth-backed for ages, I have a difficult time feeling babyish in a plastic-backed diaper.

I wear cloth diapers most of the time now. Disposables have their place and are more convenient some times. If disposables became unavailable (not likely) or unaffordable (possibly due to environmental concerns) I would switch to cloth all of the time.

My problem with cloth-backed disposables is that the diaper stretches and sags. I can't tape them on tightly, and they don't stay snug or as snug as they were when I put them on. The solution, if I must, would be to wear a onesie. Once again, diaper manufacturers seem to be placing utility and effectiveness at a lower priority.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    I wear cloth diapers most of the time now. Disposables have their place and are more convenient some times. If disposables became unavailable (not likely) or unaffordable (possibly due to environmental concerns) I would switch to cloth all of the time.
    As stated before, the OP is most likely referring to disposables with cloth like covers, not cloth diapers.

I like plastic mostly because the pampers of my youth were plastic. Hell I struggled through the change when adult diapers went from the essentially rectangular prefold style like the early pampers to the fitted kind. If plastic disappears, I'll have to make the change again.

Most of the time I use plastic backed because I can get them still and why not. I do use the attends breathable extra absorbant when I was working in an office (I work from home now) because they were a nice mix of absorbant and thin and the resealable tapes made it easier to ditch out of them if I decided to use the toilet.

When I was a real baby (in the 50's) all we had were cloth diapers and plastic pants. My younger siblings too so I was able to indulge even at 5 years old I could still fit into them. I didn't know at the time I was an AB/DL but being nighttime IC I didn't know or care. Long story short I have always been in cloth and plastic and preferred them over all the other disposables until the new Northshore diapers. Now I'm at about 50/50 throughout the week, some nights cloth, some nights Nortshore. Northshores are close to cloth in comfort and I think beat them for absorbency.