Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walgreens Certainty Diaper (Fitted Briefs) Review (Size Medium)

Thumbs up Walgreens Certainty Diaper (Fitted Briefs) Review (Size Medium)

This is a review for the Walgreens Certainty diapers (officially known as Fitted Briefs), size medium. I purchased a 20 pack in November 2014.

Appearance, Size and Features
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2590.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	22454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2591.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	22455
    The diaper is plain white, with the only markings being two gold stripes down the center (the wetness indicator) which turn blue and fade when the diaper is wet, and a blue crosshatch pattern on the tapes. It has elastic leg cuffs but no standing leg gathers.

Name:	SAM_2586.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	22450
    A stack of 3 diapers measured about 6.5 cm in height, so each diaper is about 2.2 cm (0.87 in) thick when folded. Not too thick to be noticeable in public, but still thick enough to make you feel nice and secure.

Name:	SAM_2592.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	22451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2593.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	22452
    When outstretched, the diaper measures 29" (74 cm) in length, 21" (53 cm) in width at the wings, and 10" (25 cm) in width at the center. The length is this diaper's biggest issue in discretion, as it goes almost halfway up my back!

Name:	SAM_2594.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	22453
    The diaper has velcro tapes, and they have a blue crosshatch pattern on them. You can readjust the tapes many times without them losing much strength.

The diaper has a cloth-like cover, so it is very quiet (almost silent under clothes). It still has a small crinkle which gets louder as it gets wetter.
    The wings are made only of this cloth-like material, which worries me a bit for leakage issues, but I've yet to have any problems.

Performance and Fit
    To test this diaper's capacity, I poured 100 mL of water into the front of the diaper I was wearing and then sat down for 30 seconds, repeating this process until it leaked. At the 800 mL mark, I noticed wetness beginning to gather around the edges. Small leaks formed between 1,000 mL and 1,400 mL. At 1,500 mL, the diaper leaked and I ended the test.

Name:	SAM_2587.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	22456
    When wet, the diaper had swelled to about 4.5 cm (1.77 in), meaning it had about doubled in thickness. After I completed this test, I changed my diaper and wore the new one throughout my daily activities. I wet it normally and took it off after about 5 hours. It probably could have held more. The real test came that night when I wore one to bed. I had drank about 30 oz of liquid before I went to bed. I put the diaper on at around 10 PM and wet the diaper throughout the night. I woke up at about 4 AM needing to wet, so I stood up from bed to finish wetting and then waited a minute to let the diaper absorb. I then sat down on my bed and the diaper leaked, so I took it off (this was last night, I have two diapers ready for tonight so I can change if needed). The wetness indicator is actually a big help, and I would recommend changing once the whole indicator has turned blue, or shortly after. Even then, there is still padding left in the back if necessary. I would say that maximum capacity is about 850 mL (29 oz). The biggest issue with the diaper is clumping, which you can see if you open up the diaper after you've wet it. But, it isn't overly noticable when you are wearing the diaper. This diaper should also be able to hold a very large mess, but I've yet to do that in it.

Price and Final Thoughts
    I bought a pack of 20 from Walgreens in November 2014 for $7.99. A 40 pack is also available for $16.99. That means that each diaper costs 40 cents. I think this is an amazing price for such a good diaper. It has great capacity, good tapes, okay leakguards and good odor control. It is thin enough to be discreet, yet thick enough to give you that wonderful secure feeling of a diaper. It isn't very crinkly at all, but the back is so high that it might be a problem for discretion (a onesie or a tucked in shirt could probably fix that though). I give it a 9/10 for amazing value and a surprisingly good product. I think this will become my go-to diaper.

Thanks for taking the time to do a complete review of these, luvtowearpampers! I'm curious about the pricing: It's a bit of an anomaly for the 40-pack to be more than twice the cost of the 20-pack. Maybe that was a mistake?

In a moment of impulse, I bought a package of these diapers a few months back. They were functional. Really, my biggest gripe was the texture -- rather rough and papery on the outside compared to other cloth-backed diapers I've tried (and especially compared to baby diapers), and the padding inside had a strange pattern of tiny bumps pressed into it that seemed a bit unpleasant, even if my tender underparts didn't mind. I'm kind of a texture freak, though, so my gripes will ring hollow for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do a complete review of these, luvtowearpampers! I'm curious about the pricing: It's a bit of an anomaly for the 40-pack to be more than twice the cost of the 20-pack. Maybe that was a mistake?

In a moment of impulse, I bought a package of these diapers a few months back. They were functional. Really, my biggest gripe was the texture -- rather rough and papery on the outside compared to other cloth-backed diapers I've tried (and especially compared to baby diapers), and the padding inside had a strange pattern of tiny bumps pressed into it that seemed a bit unpleasant, even if my tender underparts didn't mind. I'm kind of a texture freak, though, so my gripes will ring hollow for some.
    I know that that's the real pricing, I don't know why 40 costs more than twice of 20. I get what you're saying about the outside, but it's soft enough for me. On the inside, the padding is quite firm when you take it out of the package, but I fold it in half lengthwise and crease it along the fold to soften it (North Shore had a video suggesting to do that for their diapers).

Just a quick update, started to diaper up for bed but one of the tapes broke off! I think it's because I was trying to put it on while sitting down instead of laying down, and I was pulling with a bit of force to get it tight. So I took that diaper off and put on another one the right way. I'll probably cut slits in the front of the broken diaper so I can use it as a booster tomorrow night.

I myself have been wearing Walgreen's Certainty XL size diapers for years. They work well for me and are affordable on my low fixed SSDI income.

They sound great. Thanks a lot. I wish they had high quality pull-ups as well.

They suck for me unless I got a defective pack. They don't hold a lot so I wear plastic pants over them and they don't last long on me. I have to wear two to make them good.

I double up and wear then they are cheap in price.

I bought a pack a couple years ago before starting to get higher quality diapers (Tena Slip Maxi, Abena, Wellness Superio), and they were really bad in comparison. They did not fit me well (32" waist, mediums), sagged too much, and leaked easily. Granted, they are a fraction of the cost, but I wouldn't be confident being protected wearing them outside of the house. I won't ever buy them again, but it's hard to beat the price if you want to try them out. BTW, I had a pack of Prevail PM Extended Protection back then as well and they appeared to be identical products.

WearingClouds

Prevail = Assurance = Certainty
    All the same diaper!

This is an interesting diaper. One diaper hold about two mild wetting for me, for some reason, I just feel really babyish wearing them...and love it! I find when I combine a medium brief with a large one over, I can last forever in it!

They are fun to wear but I don't trust them if I'm in a situation where I absolutely cannot leak (example: sitting at a wedding, taking an all essay exam!)

Thanks for the review as I'm sure it will help out a lot of people ^__^