Thread: Hi there!

Talking Hi there!

1) Hello! Who are you?

Hi there! I'm a super geeky tall (6'3" or 190 cm) guy who identifies as a Daddy/caregiver. I've gotten my degree in Engineering so I've always had a place in my heart for math and physics.

Interesting factoid about me in the math department, I STILL don't know how to do long multiplication. You people are all nimbly bimbly throwing zeroes all over the place like they were magically there in the first place. No! It doesn't work that way! Or at least it shouldn't! I figured out my own way to do multiplication in elementary school (ask me about it! I love to share my method!). I got in so... much... trouble for that. The teacher didn't know how I was doing it and being less than 10 years old I didn't know how to describe it very well. So she told me to knock it off and to start showing my work better. But I didn't know how to do her long multiplication with all the extra 0's. So I stopped showing my work entirely, choosing to do the math in my head. Which got me in trouble still... but I had the right answers so I still passed. I ONCE heard the method called the "Multiplicative Rule of Multiplication" but Googling that I can't find anything about it. So that's what I call it but I'm sure it's called something else.

So math and physics. Yeah... those are my subjects. But I also love biology. Chemistry is cool, but Astrophysics makes my heart sing. I have a poster of the Hubble Ultra Deep Field above my desk at work. I could stare at that poster for a long long time. Just looking at it gives me goosebumps. I mean, on one hand it makes me feel so insignificant... but on the other hand each one of those 15,500 estimated galaxies in that picture and each galaxy has around 100 billion stars and it's estimated that each star may have ~2.5 planets around it. There is a very good likelihood that I am looking at an alien species in that poster. That popping sound you just heard? Yeah, it was my brain.

I collect lava lamps. No, really! I have... golly... about 20 of them in various forms. I don't collect the recent China made ones. Those don't flow right. I collect the ones made before production was shifted out of USA. Hard to find, but oh so wonderful. If you know of a place that has one with white wax and clear liquid get a hold of me, I will pay you triple what you pay.

I collect lightsabers. I like the ultrasabers brand specifically. I have... several. I credit Luke Skywalker and his green lightsaber in Return of the Jedi for the fact that even today green is, by far, my favorite color.

I am a video game junkie. I don't play MMORPG's anymore. Don't get me wrong! I love them! I played Star Wars Galaxies so much that I became an addict. I literally became addicted. I would get tense and nervous if I couldn't play each and every day. I would get really grumpy if I couldn't play for two days in a row. I had a problem. Then one day near the end of my prepaid year I realized that I was addicted and I vowed to not renew my account. I've since stayed away from MMORPG's because I obviously couldn't keep myself in control with them.

But I love video games of all types.

I enjoy fitness. I like running (I use the Zombies, Run! app and I LOVE IT). I like cross fit and "bootcamp" type of exercise courses. I am not motivated enough to exercise on my own (except running), so I need to do it with a class or another person.

I work on cars... but not because I enjoy it but because I'm cheap. For example a friend just got a quote for $550 to do their brakes. That's just evil. They are ripping them off something fierce. Unfortunately I'm in North Carolina and they are in Washington State, so I can't help them. But if I were nearby them I'd so fix their car and save them $400. Or I can do an oil change for the same cost as those oil change places, except I can use a high quality (WIX) filter and I can use synthetic oil while keeping the cost the same. An O2 sensor costs me maybe $100 plus time on a weekend whereas a shop would want to charge me $500 - $800. No way am I going to pay that.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

I identify as a Daddy as I said above. I love it. The first time I started with the Daddy thing I was 8. We were visiting my cousins. We were out of school and into the summer whereas my cousins were not yet. My younger brother was the same grade (1st grade) as my older cousin so everyone thought he could go to school with my older cousin. So I got to go to school with my younger cousin who was in Kindergarten at the time. Some girl was enamored with me. She wanted me to read books to her, to play dolls with her, to do whatever with her. She wanted to sit in my lap for story time and just in general followed me around. I didn't mind it. In fact, I really liked to take care of her. When it was time to leave, she tried to get me to go home with her but of course I couldn't. So she cried big huge alligator tears. She didn't want me to leave. I was heart broken. I felt awful for leaving.

But I love everything to do with being the Big. From feeding to changing. From cuddling to scolding. From guiding to loving.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

Well crud! If I had read this all the way through I wouldn't have told you so much about myself above!

Lets see..

I have never played D&D. But I want to. I own lots of dice, I have the rule books which I have studied. I've just never known anyone that played it so I never got the chance. I'd love to just sit and watch someone else play so I could figure out what was going on.

I have done several years of Muay Thai Kickboxing. I love high impact exercise. Actually, two funny stories about it.

First, I had a job interview one day. I forget which day so we will say it took place on a Wednesday. So Tuesday night was sparring night. Now at this particular gym you went in a circle so you got to fight everyone in the room at least once. For sparring I'm supposed to go easy on you because we aren't out to hurt each other. But not everyone gets that. So sometimes you get a guy or a girl that just goes hardcore. For those people you just learn to keep your distance and strike only when you can see an opening.

This particular night I got beat pretty good by a crazy guy. So the next day I had a bit of a black eye. I go to my job interview and I get the job, huzzah! About six months later I was talking to the branch manager about kickboxing and he said he wondered about that. Because sitting in the room with him was a nice, mild mannered guy who looked like he got into a bar fight the night before.

Second, the owner of the gym had certain people picked out. These were the guys that were calm and easy going. These were the guys he'd put against the newbies. The people who had never sparred before. They've never hit another human and have never been hit.

Why is that so important? Because the newbies can't control themselves. Either the first bell rings and they go nuts OR they keep it together until they get hit for the first time then something snaps and they go nuts. He needs these calm people to keep it together and block the shots without going nuts back at them.

I was one of those calm people. So one day he comes to me and says "Hey! I've got a newbie that I want you to fight so I need you to take it down a notch."

"Alright, no problem," I reply.

"No, I'm serious... I need you to take it down a notch," he says.

"Yes, sir."

Oh boy... he has never made the notch thing such a point. What is he going to do? Bring up a guy in a wheelchair or something?

I continue to get my sparring gear on as I hear him talking to whomever it is behind me telling them how to stand and when to hit me and how hard.

I get ready and turn around. Now remember that I am an intimidatingly tall guy.

Standing in front of me is... an 11 year old girl.

She looks terrified but determined.

I am... speechless. What do I do? First thing I decided... I am NOT going to hit an 11 year old girl. It is not going to happen. But I still have to spar with her. What am I going to do? Ah ha! I'll open hand tap her! That is where instead of punching her with a (gloved) fist I spread my fingers out and tap the side of her head or whatever.

She... didn't feel the same about me. She went bezerk the second the first bell rang. She kicked so freaking hard. And she was way shorter than me so her kicks would hit my shins instead of my thighs. Ouchie. I was so proud of her though. She stood toe to toe with a dude that was easily two foot taller than her and 100 pounds heavier. I could've thrown her a parade.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I am interested in diaper help. I make... way too much money for what I do. So I usually buy supplies for three different people. One I live with (the wife) and two that I met online more than a year ago. Although I haven't found what I've been looking for yet. Two of the three are SMALL people and it was actually through this site I discovered that the Tena Maxi Slip comes in small which is perfect. So I bought each of them two just the other day to try out and see if they would like a case or two. I also threw in some Pampers Cruisers Size 7 as well as some Good Nights L/XL. But that information was a fantastic find that was perfectly timed.

But the things that I buy that DON'T work? If it is allowed I'd certainly thrown them up here for free. If it isn't then I'll sell them on eBay for darn cheap.

Hey! Welcome! Awesome and very thorough introduction. If you're looking for information about diapers, you can always check the Diaper Reviews section of ADISC's articles! I have another few of those that should be going up shortly that you might be interested in.

Not 100% sure if you can give away stuff through here, but if not, I'm sure some ABs or DLs would be happy to take them off your hands on eBay or via another site.

This is an amazingly detailed introduction! It could possibly be hung on the ADISC wall of best introductions! Welcome to ADISC! It's so great that you are so ready to take apart of this wonderfully supportive community. Although you've express interest in helping with diapers I hope you know that the opinions and such of a caretaker is always super appreciated around here. We have a lot of littles and a lot of silly diaper butts, and sometimes it's nice to hear some voices from that side of things. So if you see any threads you feel like you can put an interesting opinion in, we most certainly would love it.

This is normally the part where I scramble around for any clues on asking questions to get a new member to open up, but you have said so much great stuff already! I can say that I very much bond and relate to wanting to try DnD but not having much luck. There is wonderful sites like roll20 that you can use to have online tabeltop sessions which makes it a little easier though. I also share your love of video games, but.. not the math and all that. That stuff is hard! It's impressive that you can do it!

It's berry wonderful to meet you! SpicySpoon! ^_^

Very glad you decided to join the site. Welcome! I agree very much with fixing your own car to save money. Youtube has been a great resource for me in learning how to work on stuff on my car. As soon as you get Established Contributor status, You should check out the thread called "Winter Car" in the EC forum. I think you may find it interesting and entertaining.

Quick question. As a caregiver when is my opinion wanted? I had typed up a reply to a post entitled 'What is it like wearing diapers?' Or something close to that. I wanted to post my response of what it is like to give care to those wearing.

But after rereading my post I convinced myself that in this case someone isn't looking for the opinion from my end and I deleted my reply.

When would my opinion be appropriate to throw out there?

Edit: Well... rereading this post I guess I should've left it up. Oh well. I'll remember it for next time.
    Last edited by SpicySpoon; 24-Nov-2014 at 14:18. Reason: Added some

Quote Originally Posted by SpicySpoon View Post
    Quick question. As a caregiver when is my opinion wanted? I had typed up a reply to a post entitled 'What is it like wearing diapers?' Or something close to that. I wanted to post my response of what it is like to give care to those wearing.

But after rereading my post I convinced myself that in this case someone isn't looking for the opinion from my end and I deleted my reply.

Edit: Well... rereading this post I guess I should've left it up. Oh well. I'll remember it for next time.
    Don't worry about your opinion not being wanted! You are welcome to participate in any thread here. Being a caretaker gives you a very different perspective on stuff than ABs/Littles, so you might offer something really valuable to the conversation! You don't have to worry about whether your opinion is wanted or not; most of the time, we don't bite

Quote Originally Posted by SpicySpoon View Post

Your opinion is wanted literally everywhere you feel like you have something to talk about. You are welcome, wanted, and enjoyed in every thread you possibly want to post in. I promise.

Welcome!
    I'm new as well, and also of the caretaker variety (though much newer to it than you are). Your introduction is great, I should have totally read the stickies before doing mine, haha. So math, science, video games, and fitness! What an awesome and varied combination, I myself love chemistry and biology but I've always been able to take or leave the math. It's great to hear you talk about your positive relationships you have in the AB/DL community, as someone who is a very new caregiver I'd love to hear about your caregiving experience. Learning to be a good mommy is at the top of my to do list right now, and I'm seeking out people who can share their experiences with me. Even if you're busy though, it's nice to have you here. Hope you enjoy the forum!