Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diapers, incontinence and work

Default Diapers, incontinence and work

I know there are a lot of you out there with incontinence that are still in the workforce, going to an office/job on a daily basis.

Just wonder how many go diapered and if so, what do you wear? Something slim-line, quiet but still extra-absorbent.

WHat would you pick for that kind of protection? Depends are great, but are loud. Attends seem to be better.

I know I could put a pad inside to help, but I'm curious about a good diaper that is thin, but will not leak out of the leg cuffs and darken my slacks that I'm wearing that day (embarrassing)!

So, I'm all for thick, padded protection, but what about for a work situation where you dress in slacks (somewhat tight), and nice shirt, tucked in, etc?

Help! Thanks

I wear tena extra pads which my wife says can't be seen under my trousers or jeans.

wmd1982

i work a job that i dont feel like i could get by with wearing

Well currently I work for my father so I wear what I normally wear, usually either an Abena XPlus or a Tranquility ATN these days.

My last job before this was at Walmart. I generally wore an Abena XPlus into work and I'd change myself in the Family Restroom in the back of the store. Back then I was still using the Attends w/Waistband too. Unfortunately I hurt my back working at that store and I can't really change myself these days.

I wear depends because there easy to buy locally i find molicare a little more snug and quietter again easy to buy maybe try depends cloth and not plastic

When I am at home I wear diapers. When I am out in public I wear AbriSan Midi "5". The IC pads are a little big but discrete. I do miss the plastic backed ones because I fear it would leak a little. But no leaks so far. I work in a office and have to wear slacks. But on Fridays I get to wear jeans. I feel very confident with the IC pads. No one noticed you are wearing it. When I did not wear the IC pads I notice my spot was getting bigger in front. Then I decided it was time to start using the IC Pads. They also make smaller ones but those did not held up to the protection and did leak a little. I buy my at http://xpmedical.com/abrisan.html The smaller ones are here http://www.northshorecare.com/pads1.html good luck!

I just buy pants that are 2 inches (one size) larger than I normally would, to provide a relaxed fit, and wear abena x-plus. I have a job where I am in front of people all day, and I can assure you that in 6 years of this job, nobody has noticed. I know that an x-plus seems extremely thick, but in reality you are only adding a half inch all around you, and it is not noticeable under pants that are not skin tight. You do have to change once you become fairly wet, as the swelling in the front will become a little noticeable, but as much as they hold, this gives you time to find a discreet changing location or time. I have been incontinent 12 years now, and have worn abena x-plus for the last 10 years 24/7, and to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by diprdblonde View Post
    I know there are a lot of you out there with incontinence that are still in the workforce, going to an office/job on a daily basis. Just wonder how many go diapered and if so, what do you wear? Something slim-line, quiet but still extra-absorbent. WHat would you pick for that kind of protection? Depends are great, but are loud. Attends seem to be better. I know I could put a pad inside to help, but I'm curious about a good diaper that is thin, but will not leak out of the leg cuffs and darken my slacks that I'm wearing that day (embarrassing)! So, I'm all for thick, padded protection, but what about for a work situation where you dress in slacks (somewhat tight), and nice shirt, tucked in, etc? Help! Thanks
    I wear 24/7 and change up my attire depending on the situation. About half the time I work in the field and can wear cloth diapers with a waterproof cover under my jeans or shorts. However, I also have Abena M4's for a little more discreetness or Depends pull-ups when I want to go disposable and really discreet. The thing is if you're incontinent or even partially incontinent then Depends or some other less absorbent diaper (re: cheap) will let you down eventually. Wet pants (or chair or shoes or floor) are far worse than a little diaper bulge. My experience is nobody pays attention to what you wear underneath and with the right amount of "room" in your pants, nobody can tell.

I rarely wear dress pants and I never wear anything tight, but if I did regularly, I would go for the Molicare Super, Bambino Teddy, Tena Slip Maxi or Abena M3. Discreet yet absorbent. A step further down would be the Tranquility ATN, Abena M2, Tena Super or regular Molicare. But, all this depends how much you wet. I wear pretty thick diapers and I still have to change every 3 or 4 hours.

As a diesel mechanic and occasional driver I use a varying selection of diapers, currently I have molicare super plus abena X-plus and wellness superio all size large that I will use during the colder months, however during the summertime I absolutely have to wear cloth backed like tranquility smartcore, tena stretch super or molicare comfort super, sometimes I use wellness or always pull ups and even moliform overnight or attends super pads and knit pants. Also I need more absorbency during the cooler months verses the summer because I sweat most of my liquid intake out working outside when its hot but during the winter I like to still stay well hydrated but dont sweat much so I need a heavy diaper this is something to consider depending on the type of enviroment you work in.

I work part-time as a delivery driver now. My solution is to wear baggy pants. I have to wear a premium disposable diaper since wetting while sitting in a car seat causes leaks with anything else.