Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Changes In XPMedical and Their Supplies of Incontinence Products.

  1. #1

    Default Changes In XPMedical and Their Supplies of Incontinence Products.

    I emailed the owner of XP Medical, and Gary had this to say about changes to their site and their products starting soon.
    Pretty much, better order now rather than sooner. Not great news.



    - The promotional price on Dry 24/7 will likey be ending in early December.
    - Abena has communicated a 10 to 20% price increase that will begin affecting retail prices early next year.
    - We have confirmed that Tena is converting the Slip Maxi to cloth-like. This is pushing up costs on the remaining limited stock of plastic backed product.
    - We are hearing credible rumors that Molicare will be converting their SuperPlus line to cloth-like as well.
    - Molicare typically releases new pricing for the year on January 1. We expect it will see a slight increase.
    - FedEx and UPS have both announced 4 to 5% rate increases for 2015

  2. #2

    Default

    Wow, at that kind of price increase on Abena, I think the Northshore Care Supremes are going to really be positioned to pick up a lot of sales even with shipping costs factored in. Also glad XP Medical has their own plastic backed, it really is looking like fewer and fewer plastic backed diapers will remain around.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    Wow, at that kind of price increase on Abena, I think the Northshore Care Supremes are going to really be positioned to pick up a lot of sales even with shipping costs factored in. Also glad XP Medical has their own plastic backed, it really is looking like fewer and fewer plastic backed diapers will remain around.
    Which upsets me because plastic backed>cloth. At least XP has their own plastic backed brand. I need to try their A+.

  4. #4

    Default

    The A+ is decent, at first I didn't really like them because the fit was crap and tapes were horrible. I have thick calves. The regular size they added fits perfectly though and the redesigns of the tapes made them so much better. Right now I am just wearing a mix of superio (for times needing diapers for just a few hours) and the northshore supremes. I suppose if northshore didn't come out with their new diapers, I'd probably be wearing the absorbency plus 4s as my go to diaper. I haven't worn their regular size ones with the higher absorbency yet. At some point I might start switching between northshore and xp for nightime or extended wear. I still am scared of leaks with the absorbency plus ones since they don't have the inner leg gatherers, though they don't do a horrible job. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

  5. #5
    WearingClouds

    Default

    Incredibly sad news about the Tena Sip Maxi. It's honestly a nightmare. Guess my next paycheck is going to buy a few cases of these to last me the rest of my life
    *cries* =(

  6. #6

    Default

    I have a bag and a half of the Tena Slip Maxi that I picked up once I found out they were going away from plastic. I just don't have the space to hoard any more diapers (I have too many diapers as it is right now). If everyone is so dead set on going cloth backed, they ought to at least figure out a way to fix the weeping issue and sagging issue. I have worn the northshore brand cloth ones a few times, it seems like they are the only ones I have tried that is fairly close to not having that problem, but they still stretch a little bit especially over night (still not as bad as most of the prevail brands or abena cloth ones).

  7. #7

    Default

    God, this list is more depressing than the evening news. Molicare too? Seriously? Thanks Obama!

  8. #8

    Default

    While I doubt this has anything to do with our [largely incompetent] government, I do believe that companies assert switching to cloth-like material backing supposedlylargely in response to customers wanting a product that feels more like regular underwear. On the surface this seems reasonable, but it's really a BS excuse to trim the costs of making diapers while raking in more cash.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    The A+ is decent, at first I didn't really like them because the fit was crap and tapes were horrible. I have thick calves. The regular size they added fits perfectly though and the redesigns of the tapes made them so much better. Right now I am just wearing a mix of superio (for times needing diapers for just a few hours) and the northshore supremes. I suppose if northshore didn't come out with their new diapers, I'd probably be wearing the absorbency plus 4s as my go to diaper. I haven't worn their regular size ones with the higher absorbency yet. At some point I might start switching between northshore and xp for nightime or extended wear. I still am scared of leaks with the absorbency plus ones since they don't have the inner leg gatherers, though they don't do a horrible job. Maybe I'm just spoiled.
    ok this is like 4th or 5th time i've seen thick calves mentioned with fitting of diapers. What gives? what do calves have to do with diapers at all?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fingon View Post
    ok this is like 4th or 5th time i've seen thick calves mentioned with fitting of diapers. What gives? what do calves have to do with diapers at all?
    Lol

Similar Threads

  1. Where to buy incontinence products in Japan
    By tomcat in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-Nov-2014, 19:08
  2. Best Selection of Incontinence Supplies in NYC??
    By clrmx in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Dec-2012, 23:57
  3. Incontinence Supplies Sold At A Office Supply Store
    By tronic1993 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-Jul-2012, 19:45

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.