Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typing...

Question Typing...

Why is it better to type like this?

than like this. i mean its just a convention right?

Mesmerale

The question is lost on me...

Why is it better to type like this?This one conveys more intelligence to the conversation. Thus not making the person (For lack of a better word) sound Stupid.

than like this. i mean its just a convention right?This Sentence makes you sound like an uneducated third grader.

Because we all learned how to manage our grammar in like first-grade or something? Granted, using all lower case isn't that bad... at all, really. It's the internet slang that's REALLY obnoxious and that you should avoid like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jake View Post
    Because we all learned how to manage our grammar in like first-grade or something? Granted, using all lower case isn't that bad... at all, really. It's the internet slang that's REALLY obnoxious and that you should avoid like the plague.
    Really, I did not know a lot of proper grammar(Shit! I still rarely use it.) till about 6-8 months ago. :p

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jake View Post
    rofl u realy fukn mad!!

Seriously though, I type properly because I figure I have to use it when I get started in my career. "if im used 2 typing like dis" then I'll have to change my habits, which is something I've never been a fan of doing.

Plus, it's like beating your brain against the monitor when you have to read horrible grammar/spelling. You can't expect people to have perfect grammar, but they should at least try more than "lol i leik dis thred." This is a forum, not a Yahoo Chatroom. :P

It's definitely more appealing to type using the rules designed for English as a language

In Spanish, if you remove a simple accent mark from the word nadó, you create just nado, which means "I swim" rather than the intended "he swam." You can see how this causes confusion and annoys academic-level Spaniards. ^^;

I type in proper English because it's easier and more natural for me to do so, because I've been doing it so long. Trying to pull away from that habit would be immensely difficult.

I think I'm a bit OCD with it.

It really annoys me when something isn't quite right...

The most annoying thing is people NOT CLOSING BRACKETS (like this.

Because then I'm spending the rest of the post expecting the bracket to close, even if deep down I know they've missed it I'm stubborn: 'No, this is still in the bracket!'.

This is why I hate newspapers, because they do this:

Somebody said: "Blah blah blah
    "Blah blah
    "blah blah blah"

Who came up with that convention? Somebody who wanted me to suffer probably!

So annoying.).

Anyway using capitals just seems better, and it requires no extract effort on my part since my finger seems to hit the shift button without me knowing it so...