Thread: How bad is it actually when someone gets busted about his diapers?

Default How bad is it actually when someone gets busted about his diapers?

When it is not on purpose. Such as noise under pajamas, or showing at the waist (when bending over). Or perhaps rarely when someone is in the same room as you, and you want to change trousers in a few moments or so and there is no possibility for a changing room. Or when throwing it into the bin in a public toilet.

For non DLs how bad/disgusting is it?

It depends on your relationship with that person (stranger, acquaintance,coworker, family, SO, etc.) and what and how you're showing. Worst case is disgust, lack of acceptance, passing on the information to others, loss of status, employment, committed relationship, custody of minor children, and so on. We've heard all these from individual members over time, although thankfully, I can't think of any one person who had them all. What you are describing would likely be on the very light end of that but again it depends on how and who.

For my part, when I'm out in the world diapered or buying stuff I make what I consider to be a reasonable effort to keep it private. If I slip up, I will have to deal with the consequences or perhaps I won't even realize if someone I know sees and says nothing, just filing it away. It's a risk, but the way I approach it, I think it's a minor and manageable one. We each make our own calls.

As long as you are making an effort to be discreet, the majority of people will not care. Some may get inquisitive, but indicating that it is uncomfortable for you and being dismissive about it will cause them to drop the subject.

A general rule is to be discreet and hygienic about it. Obviously be sure to wash you hands, and perhaps use a small trash bag or ziploc bag to dispose the diaper.

For casual friends and acquaintenses, they may show concern or disgust, depending on how out of the ordinary it seems for you. Sometimes you should be able to shrug off inquiries by saying it is temporary due to a medical condition.

For close friends and family, you have to be careful. They could already know about your "little" side and lying to them may not go over well. The best course of action is to be honest. If you do not feel comfortable talking about it, tell them so. You should be able to judge their reaction and determine how to proceed. If they are understanding, more reason to be honest, if not and they push it, more reason to reiterate how uncomfortable you are talking about it.

Now, if you are underage, I would highly recommend being honest, then listening and respecting the wishes of your parents. Express that it will be difficult for you, it always is to give up something you want, but you will make an effort not to let it affect either of your lives. ( this shows maturity, and may lead to a better understanding.)

Now, if Doctors get involved, do not lie to them, but you do not have to say anything unless they ask you about it.
    Last edited by LittleAaron; 17-Nov-2014 at 18:45.

If someone saw what they thought was a diaper being worn, they would almost always think it's for medical reasons. Those reason are almost always accepted. Most people don't even know about AB/DLs, so I think you're safe, and like Trevor said, if you are being discreet.

I think worst case is that someone close finds out when it's more than just diapers (walked in on role play or something) and they're totalky intolerant of it. Thought I know very few people personally who are like that, some other posters may live in different communities where intolerance is a more likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I think worst case is that someone close finds out when it's more than just diapers (walked in on role play or something) and they're totalky intolerant of it. Thought I know very few people personally who are like that, some other posters may live in different communities where intolerance is a more likely outcome.
    I don't do anything besides wearing them. No role play etc. I only try to be like an (urine) incontinent

Although diagnosed with minor IC when, my mom was completely against the use of diapers or other similar products because saw them as laziness, but I found they made it easier to handle(and I liked them). So I would sneak them, when she found out she went ballistic. Stress was the cause of IC issues according to my doctor after talking to me more about my emotional problems.

Sorry for rambling off topic, but depending on the person really affects the reaction.
    Best way to respond if being dismissive doesn't work simply let them know it's for personal issues that you're getting help with. Whether it's psychological or physical.

As far as when out in public with proper discretion, most mishaps are probably assumed to be medical as many have said and the majority of anxiety is all in our heads! At least for me lol...sometimes when Im out diapered...Im a total basket case from all the different feelings I experience; ranging from extreme paranoia to euphoria. Sometimes I'm positive that I tweak like a crack head. But its all internal. During brief moments I realize NOBODY knows whats going on in my head...or pants.