Thread: Plastic pants stiff around legs help please

Default Plastic pants stiff around legs help please

I have several plastic pants that are real stiff around the legs. And plastic pants are expensive these days. Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem. I have spent many dollars on my plastic pants over the years. I wish i could find a solution to this problem. Otherwise i will have to look for a different pant. Any help would be appreciated,
    I do not have too much time to go on the web due to work and family time. This is just the way it is for me.

Frank,
    This is what happens to all vinyls and plastics over time. Some degrade faster than others, but eventually they all become stiff and crack. You see it first around the legs because the oils from your skin interact to speed up the degradation. Oil based diaper rash ointments will do the same thing. If you want to avoid this, you'll need to look for pants with waterproof coatings like PUL (polyurethane Laminate) or other similar products. Those will eventually fail too, it'll just take much longer.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate your help.

In addition to the PUL type, I find success with a thicker vinyl. Whereas most pants are 4 mil thick, I tried some of the 7 mil and found they last several times as long.

Fetware informed me that polyurethane lasts very long time and unlike plastic pants just better for the money. I talked to Mike who runs the company he said this is a much better product. I wear cloth diapers and look foward to wearing those,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank9127 View Post
    Fetware informed me that polyurethane lasts very long time and unlike plastic pants just better for the money. I talked to Mike who runs the company he said this is a much better product. I wear cloth diapers and look foward to wearing those,
    I can concur with what Mike said on the use of PUL pants. I'm in the process of changing to PUL pants and do away with the plastic
    ones. I think they'll outlast any plastic pants out there and save money in the long run.