Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making diaper prints?

Default Making diaper prints?

Would it be possible to make diaper prints to go over the tape panel of something like a Bambino Bianco without needing some kind of production machinery? And if so, how would I go about doing so?

Also, something that just popped into my mind, is there a way to dye the plastic of such a diaper without ruining the SAP and such?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Would it be possible to make diaper prints to go over the tape panel of something like a Bambino Bianco without needing some kind of production machinery? And if so, how would I go about doing so?
    Possibly so but you need a good tape so that it is not transparent to the tape underneath it. If you have a plain-white diaper, then your construction will be 20x better rather than using a pre-maid diaper. I would consider a plain diaper for something like that. I guess a regular measurement of a tape is 15X5 and glue is the best way to stick a tape (How most baby tape panels are anyway)

Also, something that just popped into my mind, is there a way to dye the plastic of such a diaper without ruining the SAP and such?
    If it is plastic-backed or covered (And your opened SAP -inside- is covered) then there should be no penetration to the SAP but I would not recommend leaving it in or soaking in dye for too long (Like several hours) because it'll possibly get damp and might ruin the plastic. Maybe not completely ruin the plastic but it'll cause a wear and tear kind of thing if you want to look at that. You can get a small pan and pour light dye inside to color your plastic (Probably what you might have tried to do) and just grabbing a light color into it but a heavy color (If that is what you are trying to do) will most likely not work. To a point like that will just dampen your diaper causing it to sag.

I guess it depends on the dye's or something because I have heard of different level's of thickness on dye colors and multiple levels of saturation (Not an expert in this but I have heard about it, I might be wrong, correct me later if you feel pleased) What color did you plan on using? Certain colors might be perfect for a diaper and other colors might not be suited, I guess it all varies on how it is used (Technically for a normal wearer, there is only one way )
    Last edited by Snivy; 14-Nov-2014 at 21:40. Reason: clarifying post *Done editing* *Sorry for multiple notifications*

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Possibly so but you need a good tape so that it is not transparent to the tape underneath it. If you have a plain-white diaper, then your construction will be 20x better rather than using a pre-maid diaper.

If it is plastic-backed or covered (And your opened SAP -inside- is covered) then there should be no penetration to the SAP but I would not recommend leaving it in or soaking in dye for too long (Like several hours) because it'll possibly get damp and might ruin the plastic. Maybe not completely ruin the plastic but it'll cause a wear and tear kind of thing if you want to look at that. You can get a small pan and pour light dye inside to color your plastic (Probably what you might have tried to do) and just grabbing a light color into it but a heavy color (If that is what you are trying to do) will most likely not work. To a point like that will just dampen your diaper causing it to sag.

I guess it depends on the dye's or something because I have heard of different level's of thickness on dye colors and multiple levels of saturation (Not an expert in this but I have heard about it, I might be wrong, correct me later if you feel pleased) What color did you plan on using? Certain colors might be perfect for a diaper and other colors might not be suited, I guess it all varies on how it is used (Technically for a normal wearer, there is only one way )
    Tbh I'd like to try to turn it into something similar to a DC Amor, only not costing an extra 30 bucks per case (I'd assume that the materials for this project, if bought wisely, would probably last a few cases while costing under 30 bucks). So, a light pink for the plastic, and the tape would have whatever design I can make myself (while the DC Amor panel is cute, I feel like something else would be more appropriate).

Anyway, my main concern is moreover how do I get the design on a tape, and what kind of tape would I use anyway?

Also, Bambino Biancos are, well, bianco. Plain white. So that part's not an issue =P

Get label paper and print your design on there then cover it in transparent film - both available at Staples/Office Depot/whatever. It should work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynG View Post
    Get label paper and print your design on there then cover it in transparent film - both available at Staples/Office Depot/whatever. It should work perfectly.
    Ah, good idea. Thank you!

No problem! I'm here to help whenever I can. Also, if possible, try to make sure your images are at around 300dpi (dots per inch). That means for every inch of measurement, you should have 300 pixels. You can get away with 100dpi, but much less and you're looking at a diaper covered in squares instead of pictures. It's far better to use an image editing program to scale the image up to 300dpi before printing than to print it at the lower resolution. Also, if you need any custom tapes, let me know! I occasionally design them for fun and provide them in a high resolution (300 dpi, as stated) so that you don't have to worry about that part; just print and stick! No fees or anything; I just like image editing.

No problem! I'm here to help whenever I can. Also, if possible, try to make sure your images are at around 300dpi (dots per inch). That means for every inch of measurement, you should have 300 pixels. You can get away with 100dpi, but much less and you're looking at a diaper covered in squares instead of pictures. It's far better to use an image editing program to scale the image up to 300dpi before printing than to print it at the lower resolution. Also, if you need any custom tapes, let me know! I occasionally design them for fun and provide them in a high resolution (300 dpi, as stated) so that you don't have to worry about that part; just print and stick! No fees or anything; I just like image editing.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll keep it in mind but I can probably manage making a print, I'm a decent artist and whatnot. My main issue here was how to get it onto the diaper, I didn't even consider printing it on something easily printed on and then putting film over it.

Now, to figure out how to dye the plastic without missing spots but also without soaking the SAP... Hmmmmmm

Now, to figure out how to dye the plastic without missing spots but also without soaking the SAP... Hmmmmmm
    Honestly, your best bet might just be to cover it in colored film. Keep in mind that the DC Amors aren't just dyed pink but actually have a design all the way up and down - sparkles and stuff.

I already answered this as a pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I already answered this as a pan.
    The concept of how is established, what I need to do now is find the medium and ability =P

Honestly, your best bet might just be to cover it in colored film. Keep in mind that the DC Amors aren't just dyed pink but actually have a design all the way up and down - sparkles and stuff.
    Yeahhh I'm not picky about the design in it, just the panel mainly and if i can get some pink on it as well then thats a bonus =P