Thread: Do you think Huggies Convertables should come back as the new form of Pull-Ups Training Pants?

Default Do you think Huggies Convertables should come back as the new form of Pull-Ups Training Pants?

OMG, how did these things got discontinued, listen to this:

this are diapers that can be slipped on like pants, but when there’s an accident, they go off & on like normal diapers too!

THAT’S THE GREATEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

But it never went anywhere, WHY?!, I mean seriously, this should’ve been the new model for Pull-Ups Training Pants, cause when the child has an accident, it can be easier to change, instead of trying to pull down the toddler’s pants & trying to get it in & out of his/her legs,

what do you think, should this be back on the shelves as training pants?

It sounds like a solution to a problem that does not exist.

Pull ups have tear away sides already and if you are going to use the tapes to put a new pair on without removing pants you might as well use diapers.

Totally did not and will not and would not support any such diaper. Tape-on diapers are the only diapers for me, and these diapers don't make any sense for me, or babies. What a total pain.

Basically what Dan09 said. Huggies Slip-Ons are basically the modern version of those.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    Basically what Dan09 said. Huggies Slip-Ons are basically the modern version of those.
    Actually, the slip-on diapers have tear-off sides to change the wearer while he's/she's standing up, while Convertibles have straps on it so you can change the wearer while he's/she's laying down like the wearer is used to

that's why, I like these diapers, and want these to be the new design for Pull-Ups Training Pants, because with these you can potty train your child cause he/she can pull the pants up and down to go to the potty, and it'll be easier to change the kid when he/she has an accident, because:
    #1: It can much harder to change a diaper with the kid standing up, than laying down, because the kid can move more & more, which can be harder to remove the dirty diaper
    &
    #2: the kid is used to having these kinds of diaper changes, so he/she can potty train, while still getting changed like he's used too

you understand?

Huggies convertibles were made back in 2004, a decade or so ago, technology changed drastically in the following ten years making these practically worthless from a function standpoint. Huggies convertables had a "Cartridge" based system that meant that if the child was only wet, you could slip out the padding and insert new padding, this was really only practical for long car rides, airplane trips, or on an unstable surface where it would not be practical or safe to change a baby. I actually remember these being given away on planes and at airports many years ago, so these have kind of become a hot collectable for ABDL's, they are not at all common!

I think you should know that one of the most crucial parts of potty training is teaching the child independence. In other words, they need to learn to change themselves at some point if they have an accident. If it's put on just like a diaper, especially if it's the parent who changes them, the child will most likely treat it just like that: a diaper. It will most likely defeat the purpose of potty training in the first place.

it's to bad these got discontinued
    maybe they'll bring them back in some form