Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about the old site..

Default about the old site..

to those adisc members/newbies who for some reason don't know what happened to tbdl,as in visited tbdl once and tried visiting it and finding them selves here and fore some reason didn't see pojo's post (was it pojo or peach,i can't remember XD) about the old site stuffing up,ill explain.

the tbdl.org site was going fine ,than a couple years later someone accidently formatted (erased) the server (website), so the admins tried to recover the server goods and spent a whole bucket of money in doing so, and thats why we have this new and improved forum called adisc,and the reason there's donations is to replenish the money that was depleted in the attempt of resurrecting the server, and to run the server of coarse, because running a website cost money.

EmeraldsAndLime

What?

TBDL.org was the old name for the forum, however Moo (the admin) wanted to change it because
    • the name wasn't very inclusive of people of all ages (TB - teenbaby), even though we had older members, it was felt that the site name may have repelled some older people.
    • it didn't reflect the purpose and nature of the site - which is not solely for infantilists and DLs, it's for people with incontinence as well. Moreover it's a support site for all the aforementioned groups.

During the changeover, all the old site data got wiped by a technician and was lost forever (although conspiracy theorists would note that perhaps Moo did it himself, either for a completely fresh start or other reasons).

To my knowledge, no [additional] money was spent on trying to recover and/or upgrade the TBDL version of the site. Moo did all the fiddling around with it, learning from things that occurred on TBDL, but it's essentially a new site started from scratch. Donations are very much appreciated here, however, the site can operate without them.

ah the good old tbdl days back in 2006. i remember there were not so many people back then.. maybe like 20 people max viewing the forums

now its like 100 people viewing at once...

I'll be honest, I never visited TBDL.org because of the name. I assumed that it was for TB's.

OP needs to brush up on some intranet history. It was close, but way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I'm confused...
    I'm Chillhouse.
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 26-Jan-2009 at 21:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    I'm Chillhouse.
    Hello there, Chillhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    What?

TBDL.org was the old name for the forum, however Moo (the admin) wanted to change it because
    • the name wasn't very inclusive of people of all ages (TB - teenbaby), even though we had older members, it was felt that the site name may have repelled some older people.
    • it didn't reflect the purpose and nature of the site - which is not solely for infantilists and DLs, it's for people with incontinence as well. Moreover it's a support site for all the aforementioned groups.

During the changeover, all the old site data got wiped by a technician and was lost forever (although conspiracy theorists would note that perhaps Moo did it himself, either for a completely fresh start or other reasons).

To my knowledge, no [additional] money was spent on trying to recover and/or upgrade the TBDL version of the site. Moo did all the fiddling around with it, learning from things that occurred on TBDL, but it's essentially a new site started from scratch. Donations are very much appreciated here, however, the site can operate without them.
    I'm not sure either. But I found a post from when this site first opened. http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcem...we-return.html

This is from that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo
    A lot has happened recently, and I apologize for the downtime.

As you may know, a datacentre technician mistakenly reformatted and overwrote the hard drive for the server which was hosting TBDL.
    I have had several ISP technicians hard at work trying to recover the data, or indeed, anything, from the drive.
    However, it looks like the hard drive was completely hosed, and absolutely nothing can be recovered, either of our site here,
    or of any other data hosted on the server (such as all my other programming work for the last 3 years!).

I have made them send the drive to a data recovery expert, in the hopes that he can recover what they have failed to recover.

While we wait for the data recovery expert to tell us what can/cannot be saved, I have created this temporary forum.

Currently, registration here is disabled.
    However, in a few hours I hope to open this temporary forum, so you can all register here and continue chatting as before.

I just want to make sure this server/setup is really *stable*, and there are no serious bugs, before I go about unleashing you all on it

If the data recovery guy manages to salvage the old TBDL database, then I will go back to using that forum at this new URL.

If on the other hand, the database cannot be recovered, this will become the new permanent forum.

If this does become the new permanent forum, I will update it to have the same features as the old one did.

Don't worry, TBDL/ADISC is not going to die. As I said earlier... "we can rebuild him... we have the technology".

So, in summary:
    * In a few hours from now, this will be upgraded to a proper forum that we can use while the main site is down.
    * If the data recovery guy can recover the old database from the old site, then this forum will be replaced with that one, so we can all keep our posts/settings/etc.
    * If the data can't be recovered, this will become the foundation of the new site.
    * I expect to find out about the data recovery in a week or two. In the meantime this temp forum will be given basic upgrades so that, starting in a few hours, it is usable as a temp forum.

I have completed the basic setup and registration is now enabled.
    Many of the features you are used to will be missing, at least for a short time while I get them installed.

However, the TB/AB/DL/story/greetings/etc forums are up and ready for use

Moo came up with that elaborate hoax to stray people away from the fact he spilled his bottle of milk on his computer and hit the delete button by mistake. :P