Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Diaper for Long Flights?

Default Best Diaper for Long Flights?

I have tried flying in diapers several times. I know I've tried a tena slip maxi, ATN, and molicare, maybe some others. I don't remember ever being in one that didn't get a little uncomfortable due to wadding up or whatnot, after awhile of sitting fairly stationary for a long time. Unfortunately, the only ones I know of that don't cause that problem are too bulky to wear in an airport for me. Anybody have any suggestions for or experiences with a good diaper to mitigate this problem on long flights?

Never flown in a diaper but I would fully trust Dry 24/7, Northshore premium, Wellness Superio, and Abena M4, along with Tena Slip. May try it next time I fly.

Quote Originally Posted by tomviper000 View Post
    I have tried flying in diapers several times. I know I've tried a tena slip maxi, ATN, and molicare, maybe some others. I don't remember ever being in one that didn't get a little uncomfortable due to wadding up or whatnot, after awhile of sitting fairly stationary for a long time. Unfortunately, the only ones I know of that don't cause that problem are too bulky to wear in an airport for me. Anybody have any suggestions for or experiences with a good diaper to mitigate this problem on long flights?
    You have received the right person for this one.

Do you have an estimate on how long the flight is going to be?

Let's see, the airport security stops people if electronics or juice is reported and they have to do a quick scan for that (If juices are in a zip lock bag then that's ok, plus have a list of all you electronic) and you should be able to go thru the metal detector. They are more focused on hazardous things, not lovely cottony things.

As for flights, well, that can depend how long the flight is.

Long length flights (7-11+) are best suited for Dry 24/7, Bellissimo, Abena M4, and and diaper with high SAP

Medium length flights (3-6) are best suited for Molicare superplus, Tranquility ATN, and Absorbency 4

Short length flights (0-2 hours) are best suited for Tena slip maxi's and any diaper with small SAP

Here are these highly SAP diapers with urine hold.

(7-9 hours) Abena M/L 4's
    (9-15 hours) Dry 24/7
    (12-16 hours) Bellissimo
    (8-10 hours) DC Armor

You also want to consider a diaper that is comfortable when wet so your not comfortable throughout the flight. The long length flights are the best diapers with the best comfort without worries of leakage or scragging all over the place. It's best for powder + your padding = you are ready for your long flight into Canada or Beijing or where ever your long trip will be.

For maximum absobency, my record consists of a Dry 24/7 and two Total Dry Boostups (highly recommended). If I put them back to back (or front & back) I have managed 2.7 liters laying down, and about 2.1 to 2.2 in the sitting position before leak, although 1.8 - 2.0 liters is probably a safer bet.

I would never want to stay in that much pee for more than 8 or at most 12 hours... you are looking at majot diaper rash.

If I were travelling, I would considering taking a few 24/7's with me, and change on the airplane and just dispose of the old diaper in the restoom garbage. 4-6 ours between changes with those should be good.

I usually put my four fingers in the back of my diaper, and if my finger tips touch wetness, I know I'm hitting the limit and need to change soon.
    Last edited by BouncyBoy; 07-Nov-2014 at 20:54.

I was in dry 24/7 for a 4 hour flight. Worked out fine but urine odor became an issue toward the end.

I always wondered if you can add some kind of odor neutralizer to these diapers and I don't mean perfume or baby powder.

Quote Originally Posted by perlFerret View Post
    I was in dry 24/7 for a 4 hour flight. Worked out fine but urine odor became an issue toward the end.
    I was JUST going to comment on that. And 247 are some of the highest sap diapers you will find. (northshore looks to be a competitor for that title) SAP is the only non-deodorizer method of preventing odor... the sap locks in the liquid and prevents it from evaporating, which is where you get the odor from.

If you're going to try to keep your "scent" down, make sure your tapes are on decent, and don't move around a lot. That just aerates your diaper. Don't get up for a stroll, don't change positions constantly, try not to fidgit. Just stay still and you'll create a lot less aeroma.

that dont sounds so good. Did someone notes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    that dont sounds so good. Did someone notes it?
    Only my wife.

Only my wife.
    She's a wonderful woman.