Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well....

Default Well....

So on the advice of my girlfriend I decided to join one of 'these' sites. I've shared with small amounts of people that I love diapers. It used to seem impossible to even consider joining a site like this. I used to and still am sort of, dealing with chronic social anxiety. It has gotten better since I got out of depression about 5 months ago. My depression was one of the worst times in my life. Nearly ending my own life every day for.... 8 years. 8 years of my life. Why? Because I was bullied since day one of school. I attended developemental kindergarden because my parents wanted me to be ready. Little did they know the next couple of years would be terrible for me. In 10th grade? I finally gave up. I was so tired of going to school only to be bullied by peers and belittled by teachers for not doing work. Not once did they ask... "Hey are you okay?" not even once. Regardless of my harsh beggining into life... I am now depression free and loving my life. I have a beautiful supportive girlfriend and fantastic friends. I hope I can be a grand addition to ADISC.org.

Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus View Post
    So on the advice of my girlfriend I decided to join one of 'these' sites. I've shared with small amounts of people that I love diapers. It used to seem impossible to even consider joining a site like this. I used to and still am sort of, dealing with chronic social anxiety. It has gotten better since I got out of depression about 5 months ago. My depression was one of the worst times in my life. Nearly ending my own life every day for.... 8 years. 8 years of my life. Why? Because I was bullied since day one of school. I attended developemental kindergarden because my parents wanted me to be ready. Little did they know the next couple of years would be terrible for me. In 10th grade? I finally gave up. I was so tired of going to school only to be bullied by peers and belittled by teachers for not doing work. Not once did they ask... "Hey are you okay?" not even once. Regardless of my harsh beggining into life... I am now depression free and loving my life. I have a beautiful supportive girlfriend and fantastic friends. I hope I can be a grand addition to ADISC.org.
    Welcome to ADISC! Worry not, we're super friendly I know how you feel, I got bullied through most of school, tho I kinda stopped caring about it towards the end. But I've been depressed for a couple years now, ever since my last attempt at taking my life. Not really suicidal anymore, but I just haven't felt right since. But it's great to have a place with friendly people, and here is one of those places

So, aside from your depression and DLism, what can you tell us about yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Welcome to ADISC! Worry not, we're super friendly I know how you feel, I got bullied through most of school, tho I kinda stopped caring about it towards the end. But I've been depressed for a couple years now, ever since my last attempt at taking my life. Not really suicidal anymore, but I just haven't felt right since. But it's great to have a place with friendly people, and here is one of those places

So, aside from your depression and DLism, what can you tell us about yourself?
    Well... I grew up in a Christian home and am an Assemblies of God Christian myself. What I can tell you about myself is that I do not discriminate nor do I judge hypocritically. If I have done something someone else has done... I let them know I've either done it or been through it. I am a broken person, sort of always have been. I didn't have a lot of friends until I was 18 and people started to get to really know me as a person. I'm currently doing a homeschool thing with private tutors. When I say 'private tutors' I really mean a family that really wants to see me succeed. My tutors April and Jamie have 2 daughters that love me very much. They have really become a sort of second family to my own. I go over to their house to escape sometimes. I'm currently 18 and a senior. I'm going to be graduating on May 29th which will be about...23 days after my birthday. I love all sorts of things. Animals, people, rollerblading (have been a rollerblader for 14 years), art, photography, etc. I have a tendency to become a door mat and let people walk all over me. I don't mean to... I just really love helping people. I've been lied to, cheated, hated, loved, wanted, and even saught after. Many things have happened in my life that probably should not have, but I've come to accept that life isn't about getting what we want but ultimitely being kind and doing our best to enjoy life. I wasted 8 years of my life that I'll never get back and that drives me onward, to want to do new things and to inspire others. All I want, all I've ever wanted, is to help others and feel loved whilst being happy. So in a long series of sentences.... I hope you gathered that I am sensitive, interesting, and have many things to offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Well... I grew up in a Christian home and am an Assemblies of God Christian myself. What I can tell you about myself is that I do not discriminate nor do I judge hypocritically. If I have done something someone else has done... I let them know I've either done it or been through it. I am a broken person, sort of always have been. I didn't have a lot of friends until I was 18 and people started to get to really know me as a person. I'm currently doing a homeschool thing with private tutors. When I say 'private tutors' I really mean a family that really wants to see me succeed. My tutors April and Jamie have 2 daughters that love me very much. They have really become a sort of second family to my own. I go over to their house to escape sometimes. I'm currently 18 and a senior. I'm going to be graduating on May 29th which will be about...23 days after my birthday. I love all sorts of things. Animals, people, rollerblading (have been a rollerblader for 14 years), art, photography, etc. I have a tendency to become a door mat and let people walk all over me. I don't mean to... I just really love helping people. I've been lied to, cheated, hated, loved, wanted, and even saught after. Many things have happened in my life that probably should not have, but I've come to accept that life isn't about getting what we want but ultimitely being kind and doing our best to enjoy life. I wasted 8 years of my life that I'll never get back and that drives me onward, to want to do new things and to inspire others. All I want, all I've ever wanted, is to help others and feel loved whilst being happy. So in a long series of sentences.... I hope you gathered that I am sensitive, interesting, and have many things to offer.
    Sounds like you've lived quite a bit, done and seen a lot of things. I grew up in a Christian home, too, and I can say for the most part I'm a Christian, but I guess I'm a little different in the sense I see it more philosophically because I'm not sure how much of the Bible got translated correctly, so I try to look deeper than the English we read it in. I hope that made sense. Also, unlike a lot of Christians these days, I try to only hold myself to it and not judge others for how they live. The way I see it, everyone sins, even me, so like... Who am I to tell people what they should be doing when I can't even get myself to listen? Anyway, I digress.

You said you love animals, got any pets?

Sounds like you've lived quite a bit, done and seen a lot of things. I grew up in a Christian home, too, and I can say for the most part I'm a Christian, but I guess I'm a little different in the sense I see it more philosophically because I'm not sure how much of the Bible got translated correctly, so I try to look deeper than the English we read it in. I hope that made sense. Also, unlike a lot of Christians these days, I try to only hold myself to it and not judge others for how they live. The way I see it, everyone sins, even me, so like... Who am I to tell people what they should be doing when I can't even get myself to listen? Anyway, I digress.

You said you love animals, got any pets?
    I agree with what you said completely and it made sense. I have 4 pets actually, 2 dogs and 2 cats. A Golden Retriever, A Brindle Retriever (they're sisters), a short haired Calico, and a white and grey cat (also from the same litter).

I agree with what you said completely and it made sense. I have 4 pets actually, 2 dogs and 2 cats. A Golden Retriever, A Brindle Retriever (they're sisters), a short haired Calico, and a white and grey cat (also from the same litter).
    Ah cool. I have technically 8 pets, though my dog (Sissy, black lab) is with my parents because until tomorrow (super excited) I'm not living at a place large pets are allowed. But I'll be moving in with a friend and she owns the house sooooo I can finally bring me dog with me but my other 7 pets are three ferrets (two of which are sisters, Dizzy and Terabyte, the other one, Miss [we call her Miss, but her name is technically Little Miss Shit], is older but her cagemate, Furret, died about a year ago) and four chinchillas (the older two, Bud and Puff, are unrelated, but the other two, unnamed [though i call the boy Loudmouth], are babies from the older two). I also might be getting a kitten soon because my mom took in a few strays but her dog isnt too happy about it.

Ah cool. I have technically 8 pets, though my dog (Sissy, black lab) is with my parents because until tomorrow (super excited) I'm not living at a place large pets are allowed. But I'll be moving in with a friend and she owns the house sooooo I can finally bring me dog with me but my other 7 pets are three ferrets (two of which are sisters, Dizzy and Terabyte, the other one, Miss [we call her Miss, but her name is technically Little Miss Shit], is older but her cagemate, Furret, died about a year ago) and four chinchillas (the older two, Bud and Puff, are unrelated, but the other two, unnamed [though i call the boy Loudmouth], are babies from the older two). I also might be getting a kitten soon because my mom took in a few strays but her dog isnt too happy about it.
    I imagine the dog wouldn't be haha. Well so far my first impression of the site is pretty good. Thank you for taking the time to reply to it, you seem like a great person.

I imagine the dog wouldn't be haha. Well so far my first impression of the site is pretty good. Thank you for taking the time to reply to it, you seem like a great person.
    Haha well, my dog is okay with cats, but she earned her name bc shes a huge wuss. My mom's dog will chase anything with 4 legs though, she's always chasing squirrels, groundhogs, the neighbor's dogs, etc. And thanks, I try. I just came back to the site after a couple years hiatus, but that was because I was always busy and couldnt manage to get any site-relevant items. But I'm back and tbh if it wasn't a friendly, supportive site, I wouldn't have come back

Haha well, my dog is okay with cats, but she earned her name bc shes a huge wuss. My mom's dog will chase anything with 4 legs though, she's always chasing squirrels, groundhogs, the neighbor's dogs, etc. And thanks, I try. I just came back to the site after a couple years hiatus, but that was because I was always busy and couldnt manage to get any site-relevant items. But I'm back and tbh if it wasn't a friendly, supportive site, I wouldn't have come back
    That's awesome I'm happy that I chose this site out of many others then. I used to be a super shy person, so shy in fact, I couldn't even order my own food at restaurants. I've had so many embarassing moments, hurtful moments, and odd moments that they have become common. Sadly when I have negative encounters I often feel so down I either overreact or I just breakdown. My heart has been through Hell itself and high water just to keep beating. I take living very seriously and hate when suicide jokes are made... I can't express to certain people how I feel because they often overreact at what I say. Kind of ironic since they tell me I overreact, but yeah... so on the brighter side of things, my girlfriend is very accepting. She knows everything about me, she doesn't want me for any other reason than love ^.^. Well, that, and I am hot XD I say that by not what my opinions are but what I have been told by both genders o.O anyway, I hope this site can be a place of refuge for me as some other sites I visit such as Fur Affinity or Facebook, have become.

That's awesome I'm happy that I chose this site out of many others then. I used to be a super shy person, so shy in fact, I couldn't even order my own food at restaurants. I've had so many embarassing moments, hurtful moments, and odd moments that they have become common. Sadly when I have negative encounters I often feel so down I either overreact or I just breakdown. My heart has been through Hell itself and high water just to keep beating. I take living very seriously and hate when suicide jokes are made... I can't express to certain people how I feel because they often overreact at what I say. Kind of ironic since they tell me I overreact, but yeah... so on the brighter side of things, my girlfriend is very accepting. She knows everything about me, she doesn't want me for any other reason than love ^.^. Well, that, and I am hot XD I say that by not what my opinions are but what I have been told by both genders o.O anyway, I hope this site can be a place of refuge for me as some other sites I visit such as Fur Affinity or Facebook, have become.
    Yeah, I used to be like that, too. I still get nervous in some situations. Tbh, I think this site and being a DL helped; it made me notice that most people don't really pay much attention or care what you do, walking through the store with a box of Goodnites is so simple compared to before. Plus I've made lots of friends, online and offline, DL and non-DL, its all kinda helped. Things will probably get better once you get out of high school. But also, if you get the chance, join a speech league. It might seem counterproductive, but it'll get you talking in front of strangers and not only are the judges usually friendly, but its good practice. I picked it up in my senior year in high school (and in perspective, 9th grade I had to do my speeches in private) and when I took a college public speaking class, I breezed right through. Not perfect, but I was able to talk to people a lot better than I could in early high school. Just a suggestion though. But once you get out in the world, talking gets easier. Might not ever be easy to talk to anyone/everyone, but you get used to it. But having a sanctuary like this site and FA helps too

EDIT: also, just noticed your avatar and MCR was one of my favorite bands through high school all the way til, well, yknow :c