Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not having any luck

Default not having any luck

So as some of you know from my other recent thread, I'm just getting back into the swing of things and Im trying to find a replacement for the Abena M3's. I had a few promising prospects, but...

Molicare Super: excellent price per diaper but then i found out only the Super Plus still has the purple tint and thats what I wanted from Molicare

Abena Delta-Form: theyre friggin blue but they also took the trip to cloth hell

DC Amor: beautiful, but crazy expensive (mainly due to shipping)

I really wanted to budget this, y'know, not spend a hundred bucks every 2 or 3 weeks. The Molicare Super cases have 90 for a little under 100, and thats good for twice as long as a case of DC Amor, for the same price.

So, I don't want cloth and I'd like to have something without that medical white look (I only got Abena because they were great and cheaper than Molicare), and obv getting a slightly lower absorbency will save money (hence why Molicare Super Plus wasnt an option). But, rather than ask for suggestions, I just have one real question: I'm not going to get something that looks and feels nice while saving money, am I?

Xp medical has a wonderful budget diaper, their very own absorbency plus line.
    Looks nice? Not by your standards sadly, as it's all white. They are very comfortable and have great absorbency IMHO though.
    Now some feel it does come with "drawbacks". It does not have leak guards, and while this isn't an issue for me except at night, it's a deal breaker for others. Some also feel the tapes are sub-par, but an easy remedy is some tape (I use printed ducktape to make it look nice :3 ). I think anything is worth a try once though, you should give them a look! Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Xp medical has a wonderful budget diaper, their very own absorbency plus line.
    Looks nice? Not by your standards sadly, as it's all white. They are very comfortable and have great absorbency IMHO though.
    Now some feel it does come with "drawbacks". It does not have leak guards, and while this isn't an issue for me except at night, it's a deal breaker for others. Some also feel the tapes are sub-par, but an easy remedy is some tape (I use printed ducktape to make it look nice :3 ). I think anything is worth a try once though, you should give them a look! Best of luck.
    I'll check into that, XP is where I always got my M3's. The no leak guard might be a deal breaker for me, it depends on how it's made tho so I'll take a look. Thanks!

EDIT: just took a look and I actually like the absolute plain white of them; it doesn't have the weird medical wetness indicator like the Abenas did and how the Molicare Supers do, so I might actually like these. The "old" version of them is on sale, too, so I guess now's the time to try and in a case of 65, that'll last long enough for me to make a decision on something else

I suggest wellness diapers the are green, blue, pink. maybe purple.

It's not the white that makes diapers medical. It's the wetness stripes. Baby Diapers are traditionally all white, with some having printed designs on the plastic shell.

Also you didn't state where you live, so it's difficult to discern which companies you will have access to.

Bambino diapers are really nice, and are a great cost for what you get. If you live in europe, fabines are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    I'll check into that, XP is where I always got my M3's. The no leak guard might be a deal breaker for me, it depends on how it's made tho so I'll take a look. Thanks!

EDIT: just took a look and I actually like the absolute plain white of them; it doesn't have the weird medical wetness indicator like the Abenas did and how the Molicare Supers do, so I might actually like these. The "old" version of them is on sale, too, so I guess now's the time to try and in a case of 65, that'll last long enough for me to make a decision on something else
    You can go to a couple of websites that offer best deals.

I made a thread about websites you can take a visit to if ya want.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...01#post1213601

They have some similar different diapers and exact ones you might be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dldapper View Post
    It's not the white that makes diapers medical. It's the wetness stripes. Baby Diapers are traditionally all white, with some having printed designs on the plastic shell.

Also you didn't state where you live, so it's difficult to discern which companies you will have access to.

Bambino diapers are really nice, and are a great cost for what you get. If you live in europe, fabines are great.
    Yeah, I mentioned that the wetness indicator was what actually bothered me in my previous post. And ah, sorry, I thought I had it public. I'm east coast US. I really did wanna try to get Fabines but theyre so expensive over here :c

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    You can go to a couple of websites that offer best deals.

I made a thread about websites you can take a visit to if ya want.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...01#post1213601

They have some similar different diapers and exact ones you might be looking for.
    I didn't find much new, but thanks for posting this because it convinced me to take another look at Bambino and I don't remember them having free shipping. I dunno if it's new or what, but the price actually seems decent now. Sadly, I'm not fond of any of them prints but if the A+ not having leak guards ends up as an issue (or if someone can confirm that it is an issue) then I'll probably get a case of Bianco.

On that note, maybe I missed something, but afaik Bambino, ABU (which i have heard questionable things about, also they seem out of commission right now), DC, and Fabine (the last two being really expensive) are the only ones with prints. Did I miss anything with prints, or even a pink (or another sissy color/print) diaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned that the wetness indicator was what actually bothered me in my previous post. And ah, sorry, I thought I had it public. I'm east coast US. I really did wanna try to get Fabines but theyre so expensive over here :c

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't find much new, but thanks for posting this because it convinced me to take another look at Bambino and I don't remember them having free shipping. I dunno if it's new or what, but the price actually seems decent now. Sadly, I'm not fond of any of them prints but if the A+ not having leak guards ends up as an issue (or if someone can confirm that it is an issue) then I'll probably get a case of Bianco.

On that note, maybe I missed something, but afaik Bambino, ABU (which i have heard questionable things about, also they seem out of commission right now), DC, and Fabine (the last two being really expensive) are the only ones with prints. Did I miss anything with prints, or even a pink (or another sissy color/print) diaper?
    I don't think your missing anything. As far as I am concerned, you should be caught up on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I don't think your missing anything. As far as I am concerned, you should be caught up on things.
    Ah alright. Guess if I want something fancy *cough*DC Amor*cough* I'm gonna have to wait til I have more disposable income.

Heh, disposable income. Ha.

if you want cheap, not terribly thin, not white, and not medical, I would suggest Breeyo. They're zero sap, single tape, no retape panel, (better get it right the first time) very soft shell, all powder blue with no wetness indicator.

They have no leak guards, no waist elastic front or back, and fairly low capacity. large are blue, though medium are white. (you can go large easier than go small) And you can get a case of 72 for about $45. If you want plastic padding in quantity on the cheap that's not white or medical, that's probably your best option.

Breeyo is formerly known as Assure. I got mine from ABU but you can probably find them in a variety of other places. If you want leak guards, better capacity, etc, and have found a cheap diaper that works but is clothlike, breeyo make a great doubler/cover for your clothlike and medical dislikes.

http://www.abuniverse.com/products/AssureBriefs.asp

huh. $39 freeship on ebay, nice!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251697834431