Thread: Finally getting back into diapers

Default Finally getting back into diapers

After some new developments in my relationship and a promotion at my job, I'm going to be able to get diapers again. I decided to start slow and inexpensive and got a pack of Goodnites, and while I really like how they feel, they can't hold much (which was to be expected, though more than I did expect). So, at most they're a comfort item. But with Abena having cut almost everything plastic backed from their production, I don't know where to go. I'd like to avoid the M4's since the M3's were relatively close but much cheaper (i think for the same price I could get about 50% more, and while M4's hold more I often change before its filled). I also would prefer not to have cloth-backed for an adult size.

Now, I always ordered from XP Medical, and always in cases because the cost of shipping is ridiculous. So, my next choice would me Molicare because I've heard equal praise about them. Unfortunately, in their M3 equivalent, cases only come in 90, which is 90 bucks. And I'm not sure if I want to/can spend that in one shot.

So, long story short: what and where should I get that's comparable to Abena M3 in both quality and price? Also, my waist size is 32-ish, 34 maybe. So medium would typically work. Thanks, guys!

You probably already know this, but whatever you do get samples first. I am also 33/35 w/h and have learned by unhappy experience to get samples of both medium and large before making a major purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
    You probably already know this, but whatever you do get samples first. I am also 33/35 w/h and have learned by unhappy experience to get samples of both medium and large before making a major purchase.
    Thanks for the suggestion! My present issue is just where/what to get, I've been out of the scene for a year and a half and I have no clue whats what anymore, haha.

You can get a sample from Northshore Care of the new plastic backed. I opted to try the pullup since I doubt I will ever get into wearing tab diapers much but a lot of people are ordering them and there is a thread about their samples at ADISC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    You can get a sample from Northshore Care of the new plastic backed. I opted to try the pullup since I doubt I will ever get into wearing tab diapers much but a lot of people are ordering them and there is a thread about their samples at ADISC right now.
    I recently ordered a sample of the medium Molicare regular and overnight diapers from NorthShore Care (NSC), and both are equal to or better than M4s in my experience. I will most likely order a case from them sometime next summer given that my finances are a bit tight right now, but both samples outperformed my expectations quite handily. I would recommend NSC for any future orders you might need, with the caveat of ABUniverse products, should you wish to purchase those.

I just recently got in an order of Abena M4's, but also got samples of the XPMedical A+, and some dry 24/7's. I've always been an Abena boy, but I REALLY like the A+, with the dry 24/7 coming in a close second. The A+ holds a ton, and despite the lack of leak guards, I never had a significant leak, even filling it up to capacity. Even better, the plastic backing is THICK THICK THICK. Oh, and the A+ swells up nicely, the SAP stays in place and doesn't clump, and it gets super squishy when wet, vs. staying rigid. It has kinda a sewn-in booster pad that pulls most of the moisture in first, and helps keep the SAP in place.

I'm about a 31/32" waist, and both the A+ mediums, and the dry 24/7 smalls fit very well.

I'd like to try a pack of the NorthShore briefs, but I need to buy a pack of the A+'s first

Hmm... Thanks for the replies, guys! After looking around, it doesn't look like I'm going to find both a good price per diaper and total price. Maybe I just forgot how much I paid total for a case of M3's, but I swear it was cheaper than the cases I'm finding for the equivalent. So, now I guess I have to decide whether I want to go with excellent PPD for Molicare or shell out extra for those lovely DC Amor. Speaking of which, has anyone tried them recently? I read a review that the tapes were abysmal but I've also heard the creator was going to work on making them better.

you'd fit well into northshore or bambino medium, at the higher end of both. both are a bit too much of a squeeze for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanone View Post
    or shell out extra for those lovely DC Amor.
    Oh my god, I've never heard of DC Amor before. Just read a thorough review here on adisc, and I have to buy some! The design is amazing, with it's full-size print, and I hear the absorbancy is next to none! And I thought Abenas weren't cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by w00table View Post
    Oh my god, I've never heard of DC Amor before. Just read a thorough review here on adisc, and I have to buy some! The design is amazing, with it's full-size print, and I hear the absorbancy is next to none! And I thought Abenas weren't cheap...
    They are beautiful, pink, and anime so that is perfect for weeaboo trash like me <3 my only issue is the price, which is t too bad except the shipping is brutal :c about the same total price for twice as many Molicare. I might have to get a case of Amor for special occasions or something.